RE: WS-Addr issues

So, I draw from this that if the spec was called WS-Foo, and this was
the WS-Foo WG this objection would go away...

> So - in addition to seeing off wsa:action I would also like to see
> refprops/refparams removed. Certainly people will want to populate the
> header space with particular header blocks, but bodging this
> through an
> addressing mechanism seems a poor factoring.

RefProps/Params are NOT a generic way for specifying what SOAP headers a
service requires. They *ARE* part of the address information. Again, to
use the postal analogy, consider the address:

Financial Controller
Department 63465
One Microsoft Way
Redmond
WA
12345

The postal service will use the last four lines (at most) to get the
letter to the correct place. The internal postal delivery service inside
Microsoft will use the top two lines to get the letter to the correct
person. I see the former as being like the [address] portion of an EPR
and the latter as being like [reference properties]. Both are needed to
get the letter into the right hands.

Gudge