From: Martin Gudgin [mailto:mgudgin@microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 1:15 PM
To: David Orchard; Harris Reynolds; public-ws-addressing@w3.org
Subject: RE: Issue 011

I agree that WS-A is a fundamental part of Web Services. And therefore I
agree that there IS software that understands wsa:To. BUT there is also
software 'outside' the WS-A layer, that understands just the SOAP
processing model and the headers that are present because of
RefProps/Params in some EPR. I'm a SOAP programmer. Not a WS-A
programmer. I want to process things at the SOAP header layer. That's
how I want to route messages to the appropriate piece of code. It's a
general model that applies to ALL headers, not just those placed in as
RefProps/Params.

I don't understand what you mean by 'processed before the actual
service', are you talking about layers of processing? If so, then sure,
some (many?) headers are processed by a layer in the SOAP stack that
gets invoked prior to the body being processed. I'm not sure how this
bears on RefProps/Params appearing as headers.

Gudge

  _____