Re: WSO2 -> Axis issues (PLEASE READ, SPEC/TEST ISSUES)

I agree that we need to test for this and I also think the specification
should be more explicit on how to deal with errors during the processing
of the WSA header information. What I'm still unclear about is what
algorithm to use in this case. There appear to be only two:

(i)  it does make sense to say (as the last WG minutes indicate) that if
you encounter an error at any point in the processing, then don't trust
anything at all in the WSA header and send a fault back to the sender
(anonymous).

or

(ii) if an error happens after processing part of WSA we could try and
use that information to send back fault information (assuming we've
parsed wsa:ReplyTo or wsa:FaultTo).

The problem with (i) is that the receiver may not be expecting to get
error messages on that channel. The advantage is that it's simple to
reason about and can be tested by everyone.

The problem with (ii) is that we can't tell if the information we've
already parsed is valid and we also can't guarantee that WSA header
information is sent and parsed in the same way by all senders or
receivers. This makes a deterministic test impossible to achieve. The
advantage is that we MAY be able to send back errors to an endpoint that
can actually deal with them.

I think we're all agreed that this is an edge case situation, so we
probably shouldn't optimise the specification (or our tests) for it. As
such, I'm more in favour of (i) than (ii) because of its simplicity.

Mark.