From: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of
paul.downey@bt.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:46 AM
To: distobj@acm.org; public-ws-addressing-tests@w3.org;
public-ws-addressing@w3.org
Subject: RE: proposed breaking change to echo global element declaration

Hi Mark,

> Whatever the resolution, I hope that the need for additional
> out-of-band agreement (other than what is defined in the SOAP & WSDL
> specs) is documented as an interoperability problem.

I'm unsure what OOB agreement is needed - the issue is that the same
element 'echo' being used for the input and output, an endpoint acting
as both the sender and receiver roles can only use Action to distinguish
if the echo is a request or a response.

In practice, an endpoint is unlikely be operating as both 'client'
and 'server', 'publisher' and 'subscriber' etc. so changing the message
body element to be also unique relaxes the requirement artificially
placed upon implementations to process based upon wsa:Action rather than
the message contents or even some combination of the two.

As far as the sender is concerned, they only need to populate the
wsa:Action and body fields as directed by the WSDL, EPR or whatever and
all is well.

Paul