RE: Action in 1133, 1134

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 22:26:06 -0800
To: "Arun Gupta" <Arun.Gupta@Sun.COM>, "WS-Addressing Tests" <public-ws-addressing-tests@w3.org>

Excellent point, related to CR22 which was resolved today, which
strengthens the guidance for protocol authors to SHOULD define their own
custom actions.  Application faults I think also SHOULD define their own
custom actions.  However, SHOULD isn't MUST so we have some leeway:

Some candidates for solutions are:
1) manually override these results to pass, but that's not as good as...
2) remove that assertion in favor of one simply checking that the Action
is there.
3) define a custom application-level fault action for purposes of the
testsuite such as "http://example.org/action/fault", and change these
testcases to use it.  Implementations would need to change too to
generate this fault.  This probably assures they are capable of using
faults other than the predefined addressing one, which is good, but that
seems beyond testing the spec for CR purposes, which is bad.

#2 good enough?