~
On 2013-10-11, at 9:30 AM, Scott Rowe <scottrowe@google.com> wrote:

> Thanks again, Renoir.
> Just so that I have this straight, we are telling doc sprint participants to do the following:
>
> 1. Log in, or create an account and log in, to WebPlatform.org.
> 2. Visit the following URL: http://wpd.mx/amsterdam
>
> This will install a tracking cookie for Piwik, our analytics engine by which we can gather which pages you have worked on and how many edits you have performed during the doc sprint.
>
> 3. Start editing.
No need.

Only:
1. Invite attendees to start, by using:   wpd.mx/amsterdam
2. Start editing
3. ???
4. Proffit!

PS: I saw somebody using the wpd.mx URL specific to this docsprint,   ಠ_ಠ,   please clean your cookies!! :)

> Please tell me if I am missing any steps or other information.
Quite the contrary, remove all :)

> Also, will the report we generate look like the table above that you posted?
Yes!

That was why I sent it to you guys.

Please note that if you have attendees who uses things such as Ghostery and uses a heavy hosts file to prevent tracking that you should keep their usernames.

Otherwise you might lose their contribution count.

> By actions, does this mean any action under the Edit menu, including HIstory, View, and Refresh? Or is it just Edit? We really do want to track only edits.
Ask Patrick D.  He is the Analytics expert.

As I understand it, we can query later using the custom variables and with what I did, we will know how to sort the attendees from all the contributions.

(truncated)