Re: HTML as a format for REST APIs

Hi David,

Le lundi 16 septembre 2013 à 07:16 -0400, David Janes a écrit :
> May I suggest that JSON-LD / Semantic Web definitions is probably a
> stronger route to go.

I agree that JSON-LD is likely a strong contender, but it's not that
obvious to me that it necessarily is a stronger route to follow.

Could you elaborate what you think are the strengths of JSON-LD compared
to HTML+RDFa?

The main strength I can see is that JSON is simpler to parse than HTML;
but otherwise, HTML seems pretty strong on many points, including on
service description and human-consumption on which JSON and JSON-LD seem
weaker.

> I've been thinking and writing for the last few months about how these
> could be used in a Semantic Web context, with REST & HATEOAS. Here's
> two slideshows:
> [...]

Thanks for the links!

Dom