From: Konstantinos Kotis [mailto:kotis@aegean.gr]
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2013 7:47 PM
To: Dominique Hazael-Massieux; public-wot@w3.org
Subject: ΑΠ: Scope of the Web of Things

This is my understanding also, at least so far.

BR,

Kostas
________________________________
Από: Dominique Hazael-Massieux<mailto:dom@w3.org>
Στάλθηκε: ‎16/‎9/‎2013 12:28 μμ
Προς: public-wot@w3.org<mailto:public-wot@w3.org>
Θέμα: Scope of the Web of Things
Hi,

Although the phrase "Web of Things" is still far from being as popular
as "Internet of Things", I feel that it is already being used to refer
to several distinct concepts; I'm sending what I've heard so far here,
to see if this matches what others have heard, hopefully to hear what
others have heard differently, and possibly to converge on a more
reduced set of meanings, possibly completed with other terminology for
the other concepts.

* Web of Things as a subset of Internet of Things: the Web of Things
would be limited to the Things that speak Web, i.e. use HTTP over TCP/IP
and expose Web formats (e.g. JSON, or XML, or HTML)

* a subset of the above: the Web of Things would be limited to Things
that speak Web through RESTful interfaces (incl. the HATEOAS principles)

* Web of Things as a particular approach to the Internet of Things:
bringing a set of higher level interfaces to provide a more uniform
development platform

* Reaching to the Internet of Things via a Web browser

Dom