W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > January 2021

[wot-architecture] minutes - 15 October 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 16:17:26 +0900
Message-ID: <87lfd0ndrt.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/10/15-wot-arch-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Sebastian!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                            WoT Architecture

15 Oct 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/WG_WoT_Architecture_WebConf#Agenda

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_Lagally, Hazel_Kuok,
          Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Cristiano_Aguzzi, Farshid_Tavakolizadeh,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Zoltan_Kis

   Regrets

   Chair
          Lagally

   Scribe
          sebastian, kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]minutes check from last times
         2. [5]Check latest Arch Spec Draft
         3. [6]Issues
         4. [7]Profiles
         5. [8]Shortname for 1.1 version publication
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     * [10]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: sebastian

minutes check from last times

   <kaz> [11]vF2F Day 1

     [11] https://www.w3.org/2020/10/05-wot-minutes.html

   goal of today's meeting to get resolution for the FPWD specs

   Lagally: Checks the minutes from first vF2F day 1
   ... any changes needed?

   no objections

   <kaz> [12]vF2F Day 2

     [12] https://www.w3.org/2020/10/07-wot-minutes.html

   Lagally: shows the minutes from second vF2F
   ... any objections?

   no

Check latest Arch Spec Draft

   Lagally: shows some new commits

   [13]https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/commits/master

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/commits/master

   Lagally: some paragraphs was deleted by accident
   ... this is now restored
   ... there was mistake about some place holder of the Thing
   Model. Its now removed

   <inserted> [14]restoring original content that was
   accidentially deleted in section 6.7

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/commit/712ad5341e66013fde81e2247bca8a47a8e00377

   Lagally: did some respec fixes
   ... there are two PRs

   [15]PR 562

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/562

   Cristiano: its about candidates for UI link types

   Lagally: suggest not to consider this for the FPWD

   <kaz> [16]PR 563

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/563

   Lagally: PR for including a changelog compared to the Arch 1.0
   ... any objections to merge this PR?

   McCool: Im ok with it

   no objections

   is merged

   <kaz> [17]Changes from ver 1.0

     [17] https://pr-preview.s3.amazonaws.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/563.html#changes

   <kaz> [18]PR 528

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/528

   PR [19]https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/528

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/528

   Lagally: suggest to postpone this to next call.

   McCool: We can submit this to the BLD CG for review

   <scribe> ACTION: sebastian send a email to the LBD CG group

   <McCool> [20]https://www.w3.org/community/lbd/

     [20] https://www.w3.org/community/lbd/

Issues

   <kaz> [21]Issue 545

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/545

   <kaz> (closed)

   <kaz> [22]Issue 552

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/552

   issue [23]https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/552

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/552

   this issue will be deferred

   <kaz> [24]Lifecycle intro text

     [24] https://pr-preview.s3.amazonaws.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/563.html#lifecycle

   [25]Issue 551

     [25] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/551

   Create introductory text that introduces the concepts from the
   succeeding chapters.

   <kaz> [26]Section 8.1

     [26] https://pr-preview.s3.amazonaws.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/563.html#sec-architecture-overview

   Lagally: what is your opinion about this?

   McCool: would be good, but not possible today

   <mlagally_> proposal: publish the current contents of the
   master branch on [27]https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture as
   FPWD

     [27] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture

   Lagally: It is still okay to leave this as it is and use the
   specification as it is?

   no objections

   RESOLUTION: publish the current contents of the master branch
   on [28]https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture as FPWD

     [28] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture

Profiles

   <kaz> [29]fixing respec

     [29] https://github.com/w3c/wot-profile/commit/935d53b05dad3266c2d99862aa96e1749ad49128

   <kaz> [30]PR 51

     [30] https://github.com/w3c/wot-profile/pull/51

   overview of the PRs
   [31]https://github.com/w3c/wot-profile/pulls

     [31] https://github.com/w3c/wot-profile/pulls

   its about canonical json representation

   <kaz> [32]5.3.1 Canonical TD representation

     [32] https://pr-preview.s3.amazonaws.com/w3c/wot-profile/pull/51.html#canonical-td-representations

   Sebastian: maybe we should replace "string" with "value"

   Lagally: that is the reason why we need canonical
   representation that organize the order

   McCool: This was also a topic in the joint JSON-LD call.
   Important topic
   ... its not a easy topic.

   Lagally: should be synchronized with the JSON-LD group
   ... what should we do with it right now?

   McCool: question if we want to have this in the profile spec

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   Sebastian: this is kind of related to TD
   ... general topic to be clarified
   ... so would postpone the discussion
   ... not good to be mentioned only here within the WoT Profile
   ... to be discussed for the Thing Description as well

   Lagally: ok
   ... let's keep this open then

   [33]PR 52

     [33] https://github.com/w3c/wot-profile/pull/52

   [34]Abstract

     [34] https://pr-preview.s3.amazonaws.com/w3c/wot-profile/52/935d53b...5804a88.html#abstract

   Lagally: (goes through the diff preview)

   McCool: a couple of comments on possible "other" profiles
   ... name of the profile as ID
   ... saying "describe" is too strong here

   Lagally: what would be good then?

   McCool: e.g., "identify"

   Lagally: so far there is only one profile here
   ... also we don't expect the FPWD of the WoT Profile defines
   everything

   McCool: we need to decide if this is a single thing
   ... or just due to some constraint

   Sebastian: it's concerning the first sentence
   ... problem with "Core" Profile
   ... saying "The WoT Profile Specification defines a WoT Core
   Profile, which enables out of the box interoperability among
   things and devices."

   McCool: would be simpler to say "which defines..."

   Lagally: ok

   [35]5.2 Protocol Binding

     [35] https://pr-preview.s3.amazonaws.com/w3c/wot-profile/52/935d53b...5804a88.html#protocol-binding

   Lagally: (goes through the Note there)

   <inserted> "The HTTP protocol binding is not meant to be
   exclusive"

   Lagally: we don't mandate HTTP

   McCool: but mandated by the user

   Lagally: can update the first sentence of the Abstract

   Sebastian: notification protocols

   Lagally: if we mention subprotocols here, would it suffice?
   ... can easily add changes

   Sebastian: ok

   Kaz: wondering about the concrete text for the 2nd bullet point
   from the Abstract

   McCool: ok with the current text of the bullet points *for the
   FPWD*

   Kaz: ok

   Lagally: (adds updates accordingly)

   McCool: (proposes to say "specific subprotocols" for
   notification)

   Lagally: done
   ... but we still have 3 more PRs

   Sebastian: PR 48 can be closed

   [36]PR 48

     [36] https://github.com/w3c/wot-profile/pull/48

   Lagally: ok
   ... (adds a comment and close it)
   ... and then the final one

   [37]PR 50

     [37] https://github.com/w3c/wot-profile/pull/50

   Lagally: we don't mandate anything for other profiles

   McCool: that's fine

   Lagally: so if we apply the remaining two points, we can merge
   this PR
   ... would merge the PR itself first, and then apply the two
   remaining comments
   ... (merges PR 50 itself)
   ... (and then add edits for the remaining two comments)
   ... now we have an updated draft for publication :)
   ... but got another respec issue :(

   <mlagally_> proposal: publish the current contents of the
   master branch on [38]https://github.com/w3c/wot-profile as FPWD

     [38] https://github.com/w3c/wot-profile

   RESOLUTION: publish the current contents of the master branch
   on [39]https://github.com/w3c/wot-profile as FPWD

     [39] https://github.com/w3c/wot-profile

Shortname for 1.1 version publication

   Kaz: regarding the shortname URL, the suggestion of Ralph and
   PLH was using "11" for ver 1.1
   ... so "wot-architecture11"
   ... these days that notation is the most common one

   <sebastian> what about wot-architecture/v1.1

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: sebastian send a email to the LBD CG group

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [40]publish the current contents of the master branch on
       https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture as FPWD
    2. [41]publish the current contents of the master branch on
       https://github.com/w3c/wot-profile as FPWD

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [42]scribe.perl version ([43]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/12/17 14:33:48 $

     [42] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [43] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 11 January 2021 07:17:38 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 11 January 2021 07:17:39 UTC