W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > February 2020

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 5 Februafy 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 17:15:55 +0900
Message-ID: <87a75hsk78.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/02/05-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Michael Lagally?

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

05 Feb 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#5_Feb_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Andrea_Cimmino, Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool,
          Daniel_Peintner, Michael_Lagally, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Cimmino, Zoltan_Kis, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Tetsushi_Matsuda, Takahisa_Suzuki, Michael_Koster,
          Ege_Korkan, Ryuichi_Matsukura

   Regrets
          Sebastian_Kaebisch

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          mlagally, kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Welcome Andrea Cimmino
         2. [5]Prev minutes
         3. [6]Quick updates
         4. [7]Binding templates
         5. [8]Marketing press release
         6. [9]F2F
         7. [10]Helsinki F2F
         8. [11]TF reports
     * [12]Summary of Action Items
     * [13]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: mlagally

Welcome Andrea Cimmino

   Anrdrea Cimmino introduces himself, works for Politechnicum
   University in Madrid. Working on WoT and discovery projects.

   McCool welcomes Andrea.

Prev minutes

   <inserted> [14]Jan-29 minutes

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2020/01/29-wot-minutes.html

   Minutes of last call are accepted.

Quick updates

   regular meeting time for Singapore POC have been set for 2
   weeks.

   McCool: I had a 1:1 with Jennifer to discuss setting up
   node-WoT.
   ... NDA seems not to be critical, since we are interested in
   device templates, not necesarily actual sensor data that may be
   sensitive
   ... yesterday we had a joint call with MEIG. We presented WoT
   for 1 hour including a status update and a use case discussion.

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   Lagally: we discussed a couple of use case scenario
   ... e.g. to hand over media stream to 2nd screen device
   ... also comment about using WoT for media production purposes
   ... we invited the MEIG guys to join the WoT Architecture calls

   <scribe> scribenick: mlagally

   McCool: desirable to have MEIG member join the architecture TF
   ... WG charter has been approved

   Kaz: W3M approved WG charter last week, AC reps were notified
   ... new group participants can join the WG anytime, existing
   members don't have to register again

   Lagally: we should invite Mozilla and let them know that the
   new term starts

   Kaz: will talk to their AC Rep.

   McCool: we'll discuss and set up a plan
   ... proposed recs

   Kaz: PRs were published, are in AC rep review, please advise
   your AC rep to vote

   McCool: any vote?

   Kaz: yes, a question within the AC review form on Members'
   support for W3C REC
   ... there's also a question about implementation plans
   ... I think I should send a reminder to the AC Reps right
   before the deadline for the AC Review

   McCool: please ask your AC reps to vote, the time period is
   very short

Binding templates

   McCool: Binding templates doc was published as a WG note.

   Kaz: I updated all references accordingly.

   McCool: let's check links to architecture and TD
   ... everything is good
   ... if we do another update to binding templates or security,
   can we update the links to the rec versions?

   Kaz: yes

Marketing press release

   McCool: kaz, any news?

   Kaz: the MarComm Team are working on it

   McCool: we should also ask AC reps to get testimonials

   Kaz: there're two kinds of testimonials, (1) one for the
   possible "excerpt from the Members" mentioning how WoT is
   useful at the beginning of the Press release and (2) ordinary
   testimonial text from each participant at the bottom of the
   Press Release

   McCool: please mention testimonials with your AC rep and also
   talk with your management team
   ... any updates from the MarComm Team side?

   Kaz: will ping them

   McCool: we should have a draft of the prose to use when we ask
   for testimonials

F2F

   <McCool>
   [15]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_16-19_March_202
   0,_Online#Draft_Schedule

     [15] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_16-19_March_2020,_Online#Draft_Schedule

   McCool: virtual F2F in March and live F2F in June in Helsinki
   ... we have set up a Wiki page:
   ... (Michael explains details of the draft schedule)

   (schedule discussion continues)

   Kaz: we should generate a WBS questionnaire to see who is
   interested in which topic

   McCool: joint calls: MKoster, can you reach out to CHIP?

   Koster: purpose to find out about CHIP or exchange information?

   McCool: goal is to find out what needs to be done to use WoT
   for CHIP devices
   ... I'm hoping we understand CHIP's goals by the time
   ... should we follow up with MEIG?

   Lagally: we should talk with them before that date, should
   involve them into the use case conversation earlier

   McCool: OneDM?
   ... T2TRG? Other joint calls?

   <sebastian> oneM2M?

   Lagally: objective: status update, potential collaboration?

   McCool: yes, ideally some closer interaction

Helsinki F2F

   McCool: The T2TRG Workshop is open free of charge for WoT WG
   and IG members.

   <McCool>
   [16]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_6-11_June_2020,
   _Helsinki#WoT_Plugfest_and_F2F_Meetings

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_6-11_June_2020,_Helsinki#WoT_Plugfest_and_F2F_Meetings

   McCool: we need an abstract, we are still discussing schedule
   ... registration is WIP, hopefully next week it will be
   available
   ... please reserve hotels early since Helsinki may be full in
   June
   ... There are multiple campuses for Aalto, please make sure you
   go to the right one

TF reports

   McCool: We had a doodle for Discovery, only option is 3pm UTC
   on Monday
   ... We will start next Monday, will set up a Wiki page, agenda,
   ...
   ... Kaz, can you please set up a Wiki page

   Kaz: It's already existing

   <kaz>
   [17]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/WG_WoT_Discovery_WebConf

     [17] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/WG_WoT_Discovery_WebConf

   Zoltan: Scripting: we discussed some errors in the last call,
   it is WIP, we discussed upcoming changes
   ... please check minutes

   McCool: Security: we went through issue tracker, some issues
   are very generic. We will clean up the issue tracker

   Daniel: Marketing: I just updated the pages for the available
   documents
   ... I'll work on moving content from my repo to the common repo

   McCool: We discussed to move Webpage content from private to
   pulic repo

   Daniel: content needs to be updated before the press release

   Kaz: main discussion point is where the content is located.

   Lagally: Which repo?

   Kaz: under the "w3c/wot-marketing" repo

   (discussion about where to have content)

   McCool: suggest we talk about the detail during the marketing
   call tomorrow

   Lagally: Architecture: Michael was sick, cancelled

   Daniel: TD was cancelled last week

   Ege: Binding templates was also cancelled. Last state was to
   poll everyone on protocols/payload formats
   ... I see some issues in the binding repo
   ... some were created by Dave Ragget and people were providing
   comments

   McCool: let's discuss on Friday
   ... AOB?

   (none)

   McCool: let's have 10 mins break, will discuss plugfest
   planning then

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [18]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([19]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/02/17 08:13:03 $

     [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 17 February 2020 08:16:03 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 17 February 2020 08:16:04 UTC