W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > February 2020

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 29 January 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 20:17:59 +0900
Message-ID: <87r1z8hsm0.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/01/29-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Daniel!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

29 Jan 2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Takahisa_Suzuki, Daniel_Peintner, Taki_Kamiya,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Michael_Koster, Ryuichi_Matsukura,
          Tetsushi_Matsuda, Zoltan_Kis, Ege_Korkan

   Regrets
          David_Ezell, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Lagally

   Chair
          Sebastian, McCool

   Scribe
          dape

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Agenda
         2. [4]Quick Updates
         3. [5]Charter
         4. [6]Proposed REC publication
         5. [7]F2F Planning
         6. [8]TF Reports
         7. [9]Testing call today?
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: dape

Agenda

   Sebastian: what happened recently, charter, marketing
   ... updates on next F2F meeting
   ... task force updates
   ... Let's start with publication of recent meeting minutes?
   ... any objection?
   ... none --> lets go public

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to send the two minutes out to the public
   list

Quick Updates

   Sebastian: meeting canceled, confusion at least on my side

   McCool: meeting took place. Next time will send out invitation
   with WebEX
   ... next call, same time week later

   Kaz: 2pm Europe, 5am PST

   <kaz> Feb. 4, 5am PST, 8am EST, 2pm CET, 10pm JP

   McCool: discussion and progress w.r.t. how to deal with the
   related data

   Sebastian: Next week, also on the 4th joint call with MEIG
   ...
   [12]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#4_Feb_2020
   ... McCool will give introduction

     [12] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#4_Feb_2020

   McCool: since Lagally had to cancel the Arch call tomorrow, we
   plan to work on slides during the 2nd slot of the Arch call

   <kaz> 2nd arch call on Jan. 30: 7am PST, 10am EST, 4pm CET,
   midnight JP

Charter

   Sebastian: Charter in W3C approval process

   Kaz: approved maybe already today..

Proposed REC publication

   Kaz: Both draft are mostly ok
   ... will send publication request today for publishing them
   tomorrow

   Sebastian: respec issues, highlighhting issues?
   ... highlighting issues can be solved also later
   ... binding document also in preparation

   Kaz: Yes. Work on it

   Sebastian: have to work on press release
   ... in about 1 month

   Kaz: got response from MarComm team
   ... MarComm team looked into it already
   ... still need some quotes
   ... please let me know if you have such quotes

   Sebastian: Please ask your management

   Kaz: yes, also please work on the testimonials as well

   McCool: Marketing call tomorrow?

   Sebastian: Yes

F2F Planning

   Sebastian: we will not have a physical F2F, instead a virtual
   one
   ... started wiki page

   [13]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_16-19_March_202
   0,_Online

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_16-19_March_2020,_Online

   Sebastian: Monday: Scripting + Security
   ... Tuestday: joint calls
   ... need to revise agenda a bit given that on Friday there is a
   bank holiday
   ... please share agenda input
   ... Note, in March there is also IETF meeting, will be 21-27
   March in Vancouver

   Koster/McCool: Conflict on 19th

   Sebastian: Friday only?

   McCool: Thursday travel day... ?
   ... stick to Monday to Wednesday sounds better

   Sebastian: thanks for letting us know
   ... Physical F2F meeting in June

   McCool: information on wiki

   [14]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_6-11_June_2020,
   _Helsinki

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_6-11_June_2020,_Helsinki

   McCool: need to fill in additional information
   ... also discussing with T2TRG about joint meeting
   ... please bring up related topics
   ... there is conference in parallel
   ... decided againts official conference track
   ... WoT is in CFP

   Ege: Yes, have paper
   ... there are also tutorial sessions

   McCool: Can propose tutorial till March 7
   ... can talk about it in marketing call

   Sebastian: makes sense
   ... Please plan trip, book flight and hotel room due to the
   conference

   McCool: Will be at Aalto university
   ... hotel close to Aalto university
   ... try to provide hotels near by

   Kaz: March is end of physical year in Japan
   ... can't start trip preparations by the beginning of April

   <inserted> kaz: that said, people should start some initial
   investigation within their companies not to avoid good timing

   McCool: Zoltan can you provide some hotels?

   Zoltan: Can update wiki

TF Reports

   Sebastian: doodle poll for new Discovery task force
   ... still missing responses

   McCool: no slot that works for all
   ... let's give it 1 more week
   ... first discovery call the week after

   Sebastian: Scripting API updates

   Zoltan: discussion with McCool, Ege, ..., about open issues
   ... figured out some modification to accomodate for example
   written values
   ... SK updated TD issue, discussion going on
   ... next week we will continue to discuss issues

   Sebastian: Security task force

   McCool: Mostly went through issues
   ... post issues related to Architecture
   ... stilll working on cleaning up issues

   Sebastian: PlugFest/Testing call last week?

   McCool: mostly organizational..
   ... shall we have call today? Maybe 30 minutes
   ... discuss virtual plugfest in March
   ... discuss own testing repo

   Sebastian: Marketing call
   ... press release topic
   ... talked about testimonials
   ... re-started web page discussion
   ... will talk about it tomorrow also
   ... offiicial press release is comig soon...
   ... Architecture

   Kaz: talked about issues and PRs
   ... think about uses cases for further discussions
   ... working on publication
   ... McCool provided information about MMI use cases

   Sebastian: First Architecture call cancelled tomorrow, second
   call used to prep for MEIG joint call
   ... Thing Description
   ... meeting this week will be cancelled on Friday
   ... last week: talked about PR transition
   ... Taki generated overview
   ... typos, at-risk features, ..
   ... discussed about new issues. (e.g., Scripting issue about
   returning propert value on writeProperty)
   ... worked also on issue categorization
   ... Binding Templates

   Ege: no significant discussions
   ... asked for additional protocols the group is interested in

Testing call today?

   Sebastian: testing call today?

   McCool: short call, I have conflict ...

   Sebastian: Ege?

   Ege: yes, I am available

   Sebastian: ok, please stay in the line ... short break
   ... start on time

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to send the two minutes out to the public
   list

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [15]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([16]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/02/06 11:16:11 $

     [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 6 February 2020 11:18:08 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 6 February 2020 11:18:09 UTC