W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > February 2020

[TD-TF] minutes - 10 January 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2020 12:33:42 +0900
Message-ID: <87y2tk4a5l.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-wg@w3.org
Sorry but apparently the minutes from the TD call on Jan 10
didn't go out, so resending.

The minutes from the TD call on 10 January 2002 are available
at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/01/10-wot-td-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the miutes, Daniel!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             WoT-WG - TD-TF

10 Jan 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/WG_WoT_Thing_Description_WebConf#Agenda

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Taki_Kamiya, Klaus_Hartke,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Daniel_Peintner, Toamoaki_Mizushima,
          Michael_Lagally, Victor_Charpenay, Ege_Korkan,
          Zoltan_Kis

   Regrets

   Chair
          Sebastian

   Scribe
          Daniel

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Thing Description
              1. [5]Agenda bashing
              2. [6]Public minutes
              3. [7]F2F Helsinki
              4. [8]Media type registration
              5. [9]1 PR after transition call
              6. [10]Future time slot of TD call
              7. [11]TD issues for new version
         2. [12]Protocol Binding
         3. [13]Public minutes
     * [14]Summary of Action Items
     * [15]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: dape

Thing Description

Agenda bashing

   Sebastian: Talk about next steps for new charter
   ... in the past we had some issues we postponed to this new
   charter
   ... kind of kick-off call
   ... prioritize topics
   ... another topic will be F2F meeting in Helsinki
   ... next open PR, minor update as decided with PLH
   ... reference change only
   ... discussions about time slot, new slot?
   ... overview about open issues. Started to categorize them

   Sebastian+Ege: Binding templates ~ 20 minutes

Public minutes

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to remind all that the minutes will be
   published publicly on the public list

   Hartke: media type registration, need to go in 45 minutes

   Kaz: wanted to remind all that this and future calls minutes
   will be public
   ... Arch TF decided to review the minutes before publishing...
   at least the first weeks

   Sebastian: Yes, public minutes are something new now

F2F Helsinki

   <inserted> [16]McCool's message on Helsinki f2f

     [16] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-wg/2020Jan/thread.html#msg2

   McCool: Sent email
   ... have to book meeting rooms immediately
   ... email asks for input
   ... e.g., PlugFest before/after meeting et cetera
   ... ICWE, who is going? Conflicts?
   ... OpenDay maybe during the conference
   ... on Monday
   ... T2TRG topics should be covered also
   ... MMC Proposal:
   ... 1. Plugfest during week, Monday - Tuesday
   ... 2. Group f2F meeting Wed to Friday (3-5 June)
   ... 3. Weekend would be free
   ... 4. Minday June 8 T2TRG workshop on discovery
   ... 5. Info night (mini open day) during conference, Tuesday
   June 9
   ... need to talk about attendance

   Sebastian: I have the concern that the F2F lasts very long (10
   days), budget issue?

   McCool: people can skip parts (e.g, PlugFest and join 2nd part
   only)
   ... logistical problems with university

   Ege: Why not pushing group meeting & PlugFest to later dates, 1
   week only

   McCool: T2TRG conflicts?

   <All> : sketching alternatives

   Sebastian: prefer more packed meeting, need to confirm that we
   can have PlugFest during weekend

   McCool: will check

   Lagally: stretching the meeting to more than a week is
   difficult
   ... started to talk about "discovery" in Arch TF already.
   Should get clear agenda and goals.

   McCool: can schedule joint T2TRG call

   Kaz: wondering if we really need to have 3-day group meeting? 2
   days ok?

   Sebastian: in prev meetings we had 2,5 days (e.g., Princeton)
   ... I think 2 days such as during TPAC is not enough, prefer
   2,5 to 3 days

   McCool: Will book 3 days so that we can decide later
   ... will send out email about the decided dates

   Zoltan: can book rooms also at Intel, have big rooms also
   (70-80 people)

   McCool: Could also have entire meeting at Intel

   Zoltan: Aalto is better place because of metro station

Media type registration

   Hartke: got email from IANA
   ... expert has reviewed TD media type template
   ... 3 questions: we have to confirm our position
   ... 1. question: security considerations, want to have section
   referenced
   ... like "see Section 12 of RFC8259"
   ... 2. question: "Section 7 of what?" ---> see Section 7 TD of
   reference
   ... text will be purely copied
   ... 3. question: similar to question 2, add reference again

   Sebastian: Can create PR to fix these issues
   ... will check also with W3C management

   Kaz: Yes, please mention comments from IANA

   Sebastian: Thanks Klaus!

1 PR after transition call

   Sebastian: had meeting this week with PLH and Ralph
   ... checked all issues, implementation report
   ... we were requested to change reference to SSE
   ... SSE is now part of HTML. Hence we should update our
   reference and that's what the PR is about

   <kaz> [17]Server-Sent Events from the HTML Living Standard

     [17] https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/server-sent-events.html#server-sent-events

   Sebastian: added term "EventSource" which is the new name for
   SSE
   ... same change in Arch document

   Lagally: Yes, we did the same change in Arch document

   Sebastian: OK, merge PR#873

   Kaz: Single section talking about EventSource in HTML document?

   Sebastian: Section 9.2 Server-Sent events

   <kaz> HTML Living Standard

   Kaz: to be strict, the document title is "HTML Living
   Standard", so I'm wondering if it's OK to call it "HTML
   Standard" within the reference

   Sebastian: reSpec generates the title automatically

   Kaz: OK, please let me quickly check with PLH and Ralph to make
   sure

Future time slot of TD call

   Sebastian: we used to have this time slot since beginning
   ... afternoon in Asia
   ... America during night
   ... for MMC it is now 3 am in the morning
   ... not sure what we can do now. Architecture decided to pick 2
   slots. Does not work out for me
   ... maybe we best setup new doodle call

   Kaz: Yes, let's do so

   Sebastian: Okay, will setup doodle poll

TD issues for new version

   Sebastian: would like to remove all labels "defer to next TD
   spec version"
   ... started to create categories
   ... 4 major topics (maybe more)
   ... JSON schema, see
   [18]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues?q=is%3A
   issue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22JSON+Schema%22
   ... e.g. reference JSON schema contructs, support more JSON
   schema terms, ...

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label:"JSON+Schema"

   McCool: should coordinate with others aboute JSON schema
   features used

   Sebastian: Yes, should stay in touch with handrews
   ... next category "TD Templates", see
   [19]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues?q=is%3A
   issue+is%3Aopen+sort%3Acomments-desc+label%3A%22TD+Template%22

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+sort:comments-desc+label:"TD+Template"

   McCool: work item for link relation, link to master template
   ... may have more than 1 master
   ... link relation is mentioned in charter, no issue yet

   Sebastian: next category "Security", see
   [20]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues?q=is%3A
   issue+is%3Aopen+sort%3Acomments-desc+label%3ASecurity
   ... e.g, OAuth flow

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+sort:comments-desc+label:Security

   McCool: OAuth and PoP are highest priority

   Sebastian: Another category "Optimization", see
   [21]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues?q=is%3A
   issue+is%3Aopen+sort%3Acomments-desc+label%3AOptimization

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+sort:comments-desc+label:Optimization

   McCool: is JSON-LD looking at CBOR?

   Sebastian: Not sure, can ask
   ... there were some activities a while ago

   <victor> (my microphone is not working): there is a WG note to
   be written on JSON-LD with binary specs. I was asked to lead
   this activity

   Sebastian: also topics about optimize TD, e.g, having base
   field per protocol
   ... idea to define contentType in a global manner

   Victor: on topic of binary encodings
   ... was asked by JSON-LD group to write a document about binary
   encoding
   ... ways to optimize JSON-LD context
   ... if you are interested please send me email
   ... no content yet, had a first meeting with XXX

   Sebastian: Note: there are likely more issues and categories of
   issues in TD

   <victor> see Github repo for binary JSON-LD:
   [22]https://github.com/w3c/json-ld-cbor

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/json-ld-cbor

   Sebastian: will work on that the next days
     __________________________________________________________

Protocol Binding

   Ege: binding templates is in review phase
   ... got comments from toumura and DP

   <ege> [23]https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates/pull/88

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates/pull/88

   Ege: e.g. WoT client/server and Comsumer/Things
   ... fixed in PR#88
   ... Discussions needed about
   [24]https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates/issues/87
   ... XML schema and media types
   ... Let's look at XML examples

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates/issues/87

   Taki: For completeness we need to describe name pattern
   ... agree we can shorten text
   ... still need to describe name pattern
   ... otherwise mapping is incomplete

   Ege: same for array

   Kaz: I think keeping the current style is OK
   ... we can highlight which part is reused if needed

   Ege: can mark redundancy in XML snippet
   ... or having tabbed examples like in TD
   ... will highlight in examples what has been re-used
   ... Next topic is about media type vs content types

   McCool: contentTypes includes media type and adds options

   Ege: MQTT also uses content types
   ... will check in which part we refer to media type and in
   which part we refer to content type
   ... will incorporate changes
   ... in PR#88
   ... editors draft ready for next main call
   ... anyone still planning to write reviews?

   Sebastian: Thanks Ege
     __________________________________________________________

Public minutes

   Kaz: Note: minutes will be public
   ... do we want to review minutes first?

   Sebastian: Propose sending draft minutes out first. If there is
   no objection make them public

   Kaz: OK, will send the draft minutes to the member-wot-wg list
   first, and if there is no objection we can send them out to the
   public-wot-wg list after the WoT main call on Wednesday

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [25]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([26]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/01/13 08:27:16 $

     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 3 February 2020 03:33:50 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 3 February 2020 03:33:52 UTC