W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > August 2020

[wot-discovery] minutes - 3 August 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 17:07:59 +0900
Message-ID: <87mu31zjts.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/08/03-wot-discovery-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Daniel!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             WoT Discovery

03 Aug 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/WG_WoT_Discovery_WebConf#3_August_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Farshid_Tavakolizadeh,
          Michael_Koster, Daniel_Peintner, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Andrea_Cimmino, dezell

   Regrets
          Christian_Glomb, Cristiano_Aguzzi, Kunihiko_Toumura

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          Daniel, Kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Previous minutes
         2. [5]Review progress on draft
     * [6]Summary of Action Items
     * [7]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <dape> scribe: dape

Previous minutes

   McCool: Minutes approval

   [8]July-27

      [8] https://www.w3.org/2020/07/27-wot-discovery-minutes.html

   no objections --> minutes approved

Review progress on draft

   McCool: see [9]https://github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/pull/38

      [9] https://github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/pull/38

   Farshid: Terminology
   ... e.g., Anonymous TD

   <kaz> [10]PR preview - 3. Terminology

     [10] https://pr-preview.s3.amazonaws.com/farshidtz/wot-discovery/pull/38.html#terminology

   McCool: Should order them alphabetically

   Farshid: Section 8.2. Directory API
   ... added embedded TD
   ... see Example 1

   <kaz> [11]PR preview - 8.2 Directory

     [11] https://pr-preview.s3.amazonaws.com/farshidtz/wot-discovery/pull/38.html#exploration-directory

   McCool: Issue about example/code highlighting
   ... normative parts should be visible as is

   Farshid: class "advisement" as in
   [12]wot-thing-dscription/index.template.html ?

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/blob/master/index.template.html

   McCool: maybe even new class like "normativeTD"
   ... see Issue #41

   Kaz: Can do CSS updates but should make clear what it means
   within the text outside the example

   <kaz> [13]new issue 41 - Update CSS to add syntax highlighting
   for normative TD content

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/issues/41

   McCool: should also look into other specs how it is done there

   Farshid: On top of example 1 added https
   ... link to anchor possible?

   McCool: Should be...
   ... architecture contains most of our terminology
   ... maybe also being self-contained makes sense... and not
   being vague

   Farshid: concern i had, webhooks and long polling is not always
   working.. for example for sleeping devices

   McCool: Yes, notifications might have this issue
   ... a scheme like MQTT would make more sense
   ... or support a scheme where the device explicitly asks for
   updates

   Farshid: what about websocket?

   McCool: Would need to create a protocol over Websockets
   ... does not really solve the problem

   <kaz> [14]issue 42 - Decide how to securely do notifications
   from a Directory

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/issues/42

   Farshid: could provide information about the time frame (e.g.,
   since yesterday)
   ... added @type "WoT-Discovery" ?

   McCool: Yes, should be part of main ontology

   Farshid: Moreover, should it be "WoT-Discovery" or just
   "Discovery" since there is "Thing"

   McCool: see [15]https://github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/issues/43

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/issues/43

   <kaz> [16]issue 43 - Define the WoT-Directory type somewhere
   (eg in new version of context, in 1.1)

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/issues/43

   McCool: context file would be backward compatible ...
   ... "Discovery" might make sense
   ... suggest changing "WoT-Directory" to "Directory"

   Farshid: need to take care, have mentioning before
   ... will update accordingly

   David: in Connexus we used SSE (works through firewalls)
   ... sometimes websockets of use also
   ... we recently enabled websocket
   ... looks like an SSE stream

   Koster: make it look like SSE useful in subprotocols?

   David: I think so

   <kaz> [17]revisits issue 42 - Decide how to securely do
   notifications from a Directory

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/issues/42

   Koster: We encourage people to use SSE also

   David: Note: AWS does not support SSE in lambdas
   ... do support websockets
   ... that's why we modified our "convention"

   McCool: suggest creating issue in binding templates w.t.r
   ... add SSE-over-websockets as subprotocol

   <kaz> [18]wot-binding-templates issue 102 - Add
   SSE-over-websockets as a subprotocol

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates/issues/102

   David: w.r.t. unique ID in events
   ... SSE has a field for events ids... but not available for
   websockets
   ... need to add explicit discriminator

   Koster: Qualifies it as subprotocol

   Farshid: I suggest implementing SSE first for notifications
   ... back to Example 1

   McCool: Scopes?

   Farshid: "write" for changes
   ... "read" for no changes

   McCool: ok, let's revisit this part

   Farshid: have action for changing database
   ... also read/retriev database

   McCool: for htv namespaces one needs to add according context

   Farshid: array of responses?
   ... issue on TD side
   ... "updateTD" is a simple interaction with the need to know
   the "id"

   McCool: Anonymous TDs ?
   ... need to check whether identical

   Farshid: Related issue (use-case) exists

   McCool: Concern that database blows up if we don't check for
   identical TDs

   Farshid: lifetime is another option

   McCool: might have @type for system generated IDs

   Farshid: response, fieldValue could be used

   McCool: full/relative URL could be in the response
   ... should talk about handling IDs in TD

   Farshid: we do have full or partial update

   McCool: scope "update" besides "write"

   Farshid: Yes, makes sense

   McCool: what about PATCH?
   ... op field?

   Farshid: op field is optional

   McCool: do we have op code for PATCH

   Koster: believe we do not have it
   ... TD samples are most of the times very simple... no complex
   structure

   McCool: should also cross reference the idea of using array of
   responses

   <FarshidT> array for response:
   [19]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/617

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/617

   McCool: e.g., error responses

   <kaz> [20]issue 44 - Define error responses

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/issues/44

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   McCool: editor's note on the issue here?

   Farshid: will do

   McCool: error responses description here

   [21]PR preview - 8.2.2.1 Registration

     [21] https://pr-preview.s3.amazonaws.com/farshidtz/wot-discovery/pull/38.html#exploration-directory-api-registration

   <Koster> Can we make an Action for the patch case?

   [error objects to be JSON-LD?]

   McCool: shows TD 5.3.3.8 OAUth2SecurityScheme

   [22]TD spec - 5.3.3.8

     [22] https://www.w3.org/TR/wot-thing-description/#oauth2securityscheme

   McCool: btw, maybe you could highlight part of the text
   ... please look at how it's done within the TD spec

   Farshid: ok
   ... should we merge this PR 38?

   McCool: few small changes to be added
   ... you fix them, and I can merge PR 38 later
   ... send an email when it's done
   ... I'll go ahead and merge PR 38
   ... thanks a lot, Farshid!
   ... this is a great PR

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [23]scribe.perl version ([24]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/08/04 05:37:53 $

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 11 August 2020 08:08:04 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Tuesday, 11 August 2020 08:08:05 UTC