W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > September 2019

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 11 September 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 23:19:37 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9WMk=+HFQbXTRkjpVgg9fefVYV2WAt=-gz6AzWoofQ+Ng@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
sorry for the delay but the minutes from the main call on Sep. 11
are available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/09/11-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Michael Koster!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

11 Sep 2019

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#11_Sept_2019

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Dave_Raggett,
          Michael_Koster, Taki_Kamiya, Zoltan_Kis,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Daniel_Peintner, Michael_Lagally,
          Toru_Kawaguchi, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Takahisa_Suzuki,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Ege_Korkan, Ryuichi_Matsukura,
          Tetsushi_Matsuda

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          mjkoster

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]IG chater
         2. [5]Resolutions
         3. [6]Marketing
         4. [7]Logistics
         5. [8]Demo logistics
         6. [9]F2F agenda
         7. [10]TF report out
         8. [11]Scripting API publication
         9. [12]AOB
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     * [14]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: mjkoster

IG chater

   Kaz: got approval to send the draft Charter out to AC review,
   and am working with the Comm Team for that. still need to get
   confirmation on the one month extension

Resolutions

   McCool: would like to publish the security document
   ... and the scripting API document

   Kaz: need 2 resolutions

   <McCool> proposal: publish the current editor's draft of the
   Scripting API as a new Working Draft

   Zoltan: agree
   ... one change is pending (so we'll confirm the resolution for
   the Scripting API later)

   <McCool> proposal: Publish the current editor's draft of the
   Security and Privacy Guidelines as an updated Note

   McCool: any objections?
   ... no objections, resolution passed

   RESOLUTION: Publish the current editor's draft of the Security
   and Privacy Guidelines as an updated Note

Marketing

   Sebastian: we should have a clear roadmap about how to update
   the W3C WoT public presence
   ... the information is inconsistent and confusing to newcomers
   ... would like to ask dsr and kaz what is possible
   ... would like to discuss at TPAC with W3C marketing
   representation

   McCool: we have had this issue for 2 years, agree we need a
   plan

   Lagally: different aspects of marketing
   ... need a landing page for TPAC
   ... we need to so some WG internal alignment and update the
   wiki page
   ... can we do this before TPAC?

   Dave: please collect ideas and kaz and dsr can update the
   landing page
   ... also think about FAQ which is a longer term item

   Kaz: already taken an action item during the Editors call one
   hour ago about possible joint discussion with W3C marketing
   team at TPAC

   <kaz> [15]HTML WG page

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2019/html/

   Kaz: is this the page Sebastian is referring to?

   McCool: let's move on in the agenda at this point

   <inserted> kaz: ok

Logistics

   McCool: no calls next week, what about the rest of this week
   ... what about Friday this week? Thursday?

   Lagally: prepared to have the call if people are available

   McCool: we will have architecture call

   Taki: don't think we have urgent business, Ege may have some
   business

   Ege: only question is publication of Binding Templates document
   ... only remaining issue is MQTT vocabulary

   McCool: can we discuss the current version as release candidate
   at TPAC
   ... topic: observer requests
   ... Dan Brickley has asked
   ... will accept the requests

Demo logistics

   McCool: will discuss more in the next call
   ... we only get one hour but htere is a table (panasonic) that
   will be up the whole time
   ... propose a joint demo and point to the breakout session

   Lagally: for the unified demo we are informed by the online
   plugfest

   McCool: don't know the time yet so we need to be flexible and
   ready
   ... arrange to go around 3:00

   Kaz: already updated the wiki pages
   ... as Lagally mentioned, we need to think about a unified
   demo, so I've added that point to the PlugFest wiki. Let's
   discuss that during the PlugFest call later.

   <kaz> [16]PlugFest call wiki

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf#Agenda_11.09.2019

   Kaz: btw, there is a new problem, we may need to choose one or
   the other of demo session and breakout session (preferably a
   breakout session?)

   McCool: makes sense to ask for breakout sessions

F2F agenda

   <inserted> [17]F2F Agenda

     [17]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_16-20_September_2019,_Fukuoka,_Japan#Thu.2C_19_Sep_2019:_Technical_Work_-_Day_1

   McCool: discussed the schedule at the editors call
   ... list of constraints
   ... trying to move things to the afternoon to accommodate
   Europe
   ... if we have lunch 11-12 then we can gain another hour
   ... need to work on UCR for profiles
   ... hoping to get the Privacy group discussion in this slot
   ... start creating bullet points and time estimates
   ... we need to write down organizer names also
   ... any other comments or problems?

   Kaz: We need to move JSON-LD from Monday/Tuesday to
   Thursday/Friday

   McCool: there is a 1/2 hour slot for a joint meeting

TF report out

   <inserted> TD/Binding

   Taki: didn't have a call last week, there are some new github
   issues

   McCool: suggest we label them for extension vs. update

   Ege: merged PR to clean up references, clean enough to publish

   <kaz> Architecture

   Lagally: had discussions on dataschema and security concerns

   <mlagally>
   [18]https://github.com/w3c/wot-profile/blob/master/REQUIREMENTS
   .md

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-profile/blob/master/REQUIREMENTS.md

   Lagally: discussed profiles and started collecting requirements
   ... have 10 issues in the repository, many involving Mozilla so
   we need them to be in the discussion

   McCool: created a PR for ISO definitions of privacy to be
   merged
   ... have a release candidate tomorrow or at least by TPAC

   Lagally: please try to have this discussion when Europe is
   online

   McCool: could do right after lunch on Friday

   Lagally: after marketing

   McCool: discussed definitions in security TF

   Kaz: is it OK to reseave the updated securility slot as a
   regular weekly call?

   McCool: let's have some chat during TPAC and then make
   decision.

Scripting API publication

   Zoltan: last PR is merged, ready to publish

   <McCool> proposal: publish the current editor's draft of the
   Scripting API as a new Working Draft

   McCool: does anyoe need to review this document?

   RESOLUTION: publish the current editor's draft of the Scripting
   API as a new Working Draft

   McCool: any objections to the resolution?
   ... no objections, resolution passed

AOB

   Taki: presenting at transportation data model workshop in Palo
   Alto
   ... at Uber

   McCool: please upload the presentation

   Kaz: will we have charter call tomorrow?

   McCool: cancel the charter meeting tomorrow, reviewers please
   write feedback by TPAC
   ... meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [19]Publish the current editor's draft of the Security and
       Privacy Guidelines as an updated Note
    2. [20]publish the current editor's draft of the Scripting API
       as a new Working Draft

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [21]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([22]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/09/25 14:17:10 $

     [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 25 September 2019 14:20:44 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:53 UTC