W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > July 2019

[PlugFest] minutes - 17 July 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 03:20:57 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9VQzRmrEG9NhHjARZ0_+1-tFG7BfydTfzWYLWAGg92Jig@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/07/17-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Kawaguchi-san!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                              WoT PlugFest

17 Jul 2019

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf#Agenda_17.07.2019

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Daniel_Peintner, Ege_Korkan,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Lagally, Ryuichi_Matsukura,
          Takahisa_Suzuki, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Toru_Kawaguchi,
          Zoltan_Kis, Christian_Glomb

   Regrets

   Chair
          Lagally

   Scribe
          kawaguch

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Demo Goals
         2. [5]Demo Planning
         3. [6]Scenarios
         4. [7]Demo Logistics
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     * [9]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: kawaguch

   <kaz> [10]demo preparation preference

     [10] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_16-20_September_2019,_Fukuoka,_Japan#Demo_preparation_.2814-15_or_16-17_Sep_2019.29

Demo Goals

   Daniel: are three demos (dev meetup, breakout right after
   lunch, and the demo session) the same?
   ... Developer meetup and breakout sessions

   Lagally: We have not talked in detail so far.

   <kaz> [11]dev meetup

     [11] https://www.w3.org/2019/09/Meetup/

   Kaz: Developer meetup organizers usually contact us, but
   haven't contacted us yet this time
   ... It seems this time only the dev meetup sponsors are allowed
   to demonstrate, so probably we should contact them from our
   side if we want to join the demo during dev meetup
   ... Demo time from 7:40pm to 8:30pm

   <kaz> [12]TPAC 2019 sponsorship

     [12] https://www.w3.org/2019/09/TPAC/TPAC-2019-Sponsorship.pdf

   Lagally: If some company wants to sponsor then let's revisit
   the meetup.

   <kaz> [13]Developer meetup sponsor

     [13] https://kwz.me/hcs

   Kaz: If we want to demonstrate then I can contact to the
   organizer.

   Lagally: For breakout session's 2nd hour, the goal is to
   demonstrate interoperability.
   ... We can keep open for the 1st hour.

Demo Planning

   <kaz> [14]Demo planning page

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/plugfest/2019-tpac-fukuoka

   <kaz> [15]PRs to update the participants

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pulls

   Lagally: We have input from NHK
   ... We would like to ask what is their scenario

   <inserted> kaz: (adds brief description for NHK that (1) their
   Hybridcast service is kind of like HbbTV in Europe and (2) they
   use that mechanism to make TV set a UI for smart home purposes)

   Lagally: Panasonic also made input as well as TDs
   ... Oracle made update, providing details on digital twin
   simulator

   Christian: We have cloud application.
   ... Will provide TDs.
   ... Would offer interaction with charger

   Kawaguch: Panasonic can also add simulator devices based on
   scenario discussion if any

   Suzuki: Fujitsu already brought wearable sensor to Munich and
   will bring it to Fukuoka again.

   Ege: TUM will bring Sense HAT (environment sensors, LED matrix
   and joystick)
   ... TUM will also bring Light sensor

Scenarios

   Lagally: We had some scenarios at Munich

   Daniel: Only one table at breakout session demo?

   Lagally: Is anybody thinking of a new scenario?
   ... Will re-organize scenarios under particular categories.
   ... Panasonic scenario moves under Smart Home Scenarios.
   ... "Energy management for commercial buildings" goes under
   Smart Building
   ... "Security alert.." will go under Industrial Scenario
   ... Mozilla's scenario will go under Smart Home Scenario.

   <kaz> ACTION: lagally to reachout Mozilla for TPAC demo

   Lagally: Charging goes under Smart Building, Smart City

   Suzuki: Enhancing power efficiency is from Fujitsu.
   ... Controlling appliances based on electricity consumption
   measured by smart meter

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to add clarification to the "Logistics +
   Constraints" section

Demo Logistics

   Lagally: Please create PR if there is any updates
   ... Please review the documents and update the scenario
   descriptions.

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to add clarification to the "Logistics +
   Constraints" section
   [NEW] ACTION: lagally to reachout Mozilla for TPAC demo

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [16]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([17]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/07/22 18:17:41 $

     [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 22 July 2019 18:21:58 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:53 UTC