W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > July 2019

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 26 June 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 18:35:43 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9VcYdM+UBffvCvc=o39kD6wPzH0yJn82uZ+5ZM8ppk1cQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/06/26-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Zoltan!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

26 Jun 2019

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Dave_Raggett,
          Michael_Koster, Taki_Kamiya, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Michael_Lagally, Takahisa_Suzuki, Zoltan_Kis,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura, Ege_Korkan, Toru_Kawaguchi,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Sebastian_Kaebisch

   Regrets
          Matthias_Kovatsch

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          zkis, kaz

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Quick updates
         2. [4]Spec status - comments from TAG and PING
         3. [5]wrapping up the current charter
         4. [6]Security reviews
         5. [7]Binding Templates spec
         6. [8]Scripting API and Security Guidelines
         7. [9]Minutes from the workshop and F2F
         8. [10]Next WG charter
         9. [11]TPAC demo logistics
        10. [12]Next WG Charter (contd.)
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     * [14]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: zkis

Quick updates

   McCool: TPAC reminder

   <kaz> [15]TPAC Registration site

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2019/09/TPAC/registration.html

   <kaz> [16]TPAC Accommodation page (online booking site
   tentatively unavailable)

     [16] https://www.w3.org/2019/09/TPAC/travel.html

   McCool: other events coming up, Connexus and IETF hackathon

   Matthias: also participating on the hackathon, including
   semantic model translation
   ... no confirmation from OCF data model people

   <mjkoster> here is a link to the OMA + WISHI meeting on Friday
   July 19th in Montreal, before IETF105

   <mjkoster> [17]https://github.com/t2trg/2019-07-oma

     [17] https://github.com/t2trg/2019-07-oma

Spec status - comments from TAG and PING

   McCool: finalizing the spec
   ... we got a comment from David Baron of Mozilla

   [18]June-26 TAG minutes

     [18] https://github.com/w3ctag/meetings/blob/gh-pages/2019/telcons/06-26-minutes.md#user-content-web-of-things-is-waiting-on-us-357-355---torgo

   McCool: waiting for TAG's official feedback on June 27, and
   also from Privacy group
   ... on the TD call (11pm-1d PDT, 2am EDT, 8am CEST, 3pm JST) we
   could address the feedback
   ... about the security task force, some minor issues to be
   addressed
   ... some things to coordinate with Mozilla; on the F2F met and
   agreed about how to go on
   ... first propose on the email list, then discuss

   Lagally: maybe the priority of that has moved, we should check
   again with them

   McCool: will meet Ben again and then decide

   Lagally: why not involve Kathy as well?

   McCool: hope that Ben briefed David about the agreements done
   on the F2F
   ... will propose to Dan to involve the key people in this
   conversation and resolve the issues

   Kaz: we should include Yves Lafon (TAG Team Contact) and Dan
   Appelquist (TAG Chair) into the discussion, shouldn't we?

   McCool: perhaps we should let Mozilla talk first
   ... so let's check with David and Ben first

   Kaz: we need to wrap up the TAG discussion before Proposed REC
   transition
   ... and should consider David's comment as part of the TAG work
   ... note that the TAG is discussing David's comment now and
   will let us know about their official conclusion
   ... so I'd suggest we continue another discussion with the TAG
   as a whole in addition to the discussion with Mozilla guys
   separately

   McCool: yes, but we need to understand Mozilla's position first
   ... let's get Ben, Kathy and David together and clarify things

   Lagally: just wanted to note there is no architecture call
   tomorrow

wrapping up the current charter

   McCool: we missed the time in this charter
   ... Jeff Jaffe suggested extension
   ... first we should do small editorial changes, then handle
   PING and TAG
   ... we need 2 months extension, which might be short because
   summer holidays
   ... then it overlaps with TPAC where we discuss the next
   charter

   Sebastian: 2 months is a bit too long

   McCool: we have a lot of stuff: edits, resolutions, etc

   Sebastian: the new charter discussion is moved to... [when]?

   McCool: we need to recharter the IG anyway, but we need to
   extend the WG charter

   Kaz: if we can get the 2 months extension, we don't need to
   wait until the end of that

   (note: PING means W3C Privacy Interest Group)

   McCool: any objections to the extension?

   Sebastian: so we ask W3C management about the extension and
   they're expected to approve it?

   McCool: yes, that is the process

   Sebastian: IMO 2 months looks a bit long, but I am OK with it

   Lagally: do we have to ask the extension right now or assess
   the TAG and PING impact first?

   McCool: yes, we need it now
   ... we are bound by the W3C management meeting date
   ... OK, so we apply for WG charter extension

   <McCool> proposal: Ask W3M for a two-month WG extension.

   Kaz: note that (as I mentioned during the WoT Chairs call and
   during this WoT main call) I've already sent a request to W3M
   mentioning we may need 2-month extension. Regarding the actual
   extension period, we need to negotiate with W3M.

   McCool: so we take what they give us

   RESOLUTION: the WG asks for 2 months charter extension from W3M

Security reviews

   McCool: we got review from Terri Oda but only for the security
   guidelines
   ... we need to ask the TAG if we need external review
   ... for instance from Oliver Pfaff
   ... will ping Terri Oda again for additional security review

   Sebastian: I can ask Oliver to join the security meeting on
   next Monday

   McCool: we need a visible evidence of external review in github

   Sebastian: if there is an issue, we should have a link to share
   with Oliver

   McCool: if he finds an issue, needs to raise an issue in
   github, or otherwise have written evidence of a review

   Kaz: we agree on the review process
   ... expected privacy review is not done yet by PING
   ... we need to wrap up the outstanding discussions, and if we
   don't get those by tomorrow, I will ping them and will talk
   with W3M about how to proceed

   McCool: need to move on

Binding Templates spec

   Koster: some issues raised by Matthias, need to resolve them
   ... didn't have time to update the doc because got involved
   with supervising all data modeling

   McCool: can we publish the current document?

   Koster: it's not quite appropriate right now
   ... we need to restructure the document, add MQTT vocabulary
   and add as appendix etc

   Kaz: Victor also started some work on vocabulary including MQTT
   ... could add a link to that work

   Koster: yes, and we could use HTTP examples for binding for now
   ... we don't need to publish that appendix with the Bindings
   Template document

   Sebastian: there is no binding for MQTT or CoAP defined yet

   McCool: we need to clean up the document and get it published
   as a Note ASAP
   ... since M.Koster is busy, we need a volunteer for this
   ... because the close links to TD, could Sebastian or Victor
   take this?

   Sebastian: will discuss internally and will decide

Scripting API and Security Guidelines

   McCool: we have drafts for publication
   ... even though Scripting is optional, we need a consensus and
   a version published
   ... any objection against publishing these two documents?

   No objections noted.

   McCool: there will be some small changes to the Security doc

   <zkis> [19]Scripting API draft (HTML rendered version)

     [19] http://w3c.github.io/wot-scripting-api/

   <McCool> [20]Security and Privacy Guidelines (HTML on the
   GitHub repository)

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/blob/master/index.html

   <kaz> [21]Security and Privacy Guidelines (HTML rendered
   version)

     [21] https://w3c.github.io/wot-security/

   Zoltan: the PR has been merged, now will clean up the issues

   McCool: since no objections, we will publish Scripting API and
   Security Guidelines

   RESOLUTION: the WG will publish the Scripting API (as an
   updated WD) and the Security Guidelines document (as an updated
   group Note).

Minutes from the workshop and F2F

   <kaz> scribenick: kaz

   McCool: Kaz is working on the minutes.

   <kaz> scribenick: zkis

Next WG charter

   McCool: Matthias made a proposal, M.Lagally sent feedback; more
   feedback needed
   ... we should finalize this topic in the next call

TPAC demo logistics

   McCool: will have a small demo to showcase what we are doing,
   as a starting point for discussions
   ... the one hour breakout isn't terrible
   ... there are several options for preparation and testing
   ... one room is available for setting up on Monday and Tuesday

   (Sebastian leaves)

   Kaz: will prepare a table on the f2f wiki

   (Zoltan leaves)

   <kaz> scribenick: kaz

   McCool: any questions/comments?

   (none)

   McCool: another option is Fujitsu's facility for preparation

   Kaz: it's part of option b which we've already discussed

   Options of the locations for WoT demo preparation:
   option a: at the W3C Team staff room with restricted time on
   Mon/Tue
   option b: somewhere else at the Member companies during weekend
   option c: lobby

Next WG Charter (contd.)

   [22]Matthias' slides

     [22] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-wg/2019Jun/att-0022/2019_W3C-WoT-F2F-WG-Charter-v3.pptx

   McCool: (shows the slides)
   ... people here joined the discussion during the f2f
   ... we had long brainstorming discussion there
   ... Matthias is still organizing these slides
   ... [WG Charter]
   ... one of the main goals is making Mozilla onboard
   ... got a comment from David Baron on "plug&play"
   ... the basic idea here is profile for plug&play
   ... (at 1.1 Well-known)
   ... 4 columns here
   ... 1.1 Maintenance
   ... clean up basically
   ... TD security schemes like OAuth2
   ... kind of modular extension
   ... straightforward for testing
   ... then TD Link relation types
   ... TD hierarchies and IANA?
   ... almost informational
   ... not adding new features
   ... then TD vocabulary
   ... producer, full/partial JSON schema, TD default values
   ... then general Refactoring
   ... need to look at usability issues
   ... that's 1.1 Maintenance
   ... and next
   ... "1.1 Well-known"
   ... profile for plug&play
   ... implementation view spec
   ... next set complex interactions
   ... including hypermedia responses
   ... no standard way to cancel actions
   ... the other thing, observe defaults for get, set properties
   ... and protocol vocabulary
   ... the goal here is update and publishing RECs
   ... then bunch of stuff for 1.1-2.0
   ... discovery, protocol binding
   ... [IG/CG activities]
   ... p3 is IG/CG activities

   Lagally: we need to clarify which to come first and which for
   next

   [23]Lagally's diagram

     [23] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-wg/2019Jun/att-0023/2019_W3C-WoT-F2F-WG-Charter-v3-Oracle.pptx

   Kaz: we should look into the details including the dependency
   diagram by Lagally and continue the discussion

   McCool: Lagally can send the diagram to Matthias and merge it
   with the slide deck
   ... let's get feedback for the slides
   ... (goes through the IG/CG topics again)
   ... (also the WG topics)
   ... good to finalize the topics for rechartering
   ... that's it for today
   ... let's continue the discussion next week
   ... any other business?

   (none)

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [24]the WG asks for 2 months charter extension from W3M
    2. [25]the WG will publish the Scripting API (as an updated
       WD) and the Security Guidelines document (as an updated
       group Note).

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [26]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([27]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/07/01 09:07:47 $

     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 1 July 2019 09:36:45 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:53 UTC