W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > January 2019

[TestFest] minutes - 23 January 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 18:58:01 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9UQTRxgeyQezGb+eeskBk49SNLtksAtSUe-YAdJfKZ=aQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/01/23-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Sebastian!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                              WoT Testing

23 Jan 2019

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Ege_Korkan,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Lagally, Taki_Kamiya,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Toru_Kawaguchi, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Michael_Koster, Ryuichi_Matsukura

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          sebastian, kaz

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Agenda
         2. [4]Logistics
         3. [5]Demo
         4. [6]assertions and tests
         5. [7]Tooling
         6. [8]node-wot update
         7. [9]Data collection
         8. [10]Security testing
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: sebastian

Agenda

   McCool: updates on the agenda?

   Lagally: add demo organization

   <McCool>
   [13]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf#Agenda_23.0
   1.2019

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf#Agenda_23.01.2019

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

Logistics

   Sebastian: gives update on the logistics
   ... free wifi network
   ... not going through Siemens firewall
   ... maybe would be nice to have one compact router?
   ... something like Mathtias and Koster brought

   McCool: might be useful to use openwot one?

   Koster: maybe we can simply use usual one?

   Sebastian: we don't need it, actually

   McCool: I can bring some routers if needed

   Sebastian: as backup in case the basic setting doesn't work

   McCool: we can use a router which has the same SSID as before
   ... also regular switch with 8 ports
   ... anything else?

   [14]f2f wiki

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_28_January-2_February_2019,_Princeton,_NJ,_USA

   Sebastian: typical Siemens facility
   ... with parking lot, etc.

   McCool: will be leaving Crowne Plaza around 8am

Demo

   <scribe> scribenick: sebastian

   Lagally: we need some plans for demos for open day

assertions and tests

   McCool: update tools and ids to track the assertions in TD Spec
   ... renamed some ids
   ... defaults values are removed since they are not in the table
   anymore
   ... PR is not merged yet

   <McCool>
   [15]https://github.com/mmccool/wot-thing-description/blob/behav
   iour/index.html

     [15] https://github.com/mmccool/wot-thing-description/blob/behaviour/index.html

   McCool: PR contains a new 'behavioral constraints' sections
   ... there are number assertions for clients that have to be
   followed
   ... please review them
   ... open question: there is no protocol behavior assertions yet

   Sebastian: we should have no assertions about protocols. We
   should link to protocol template document

   McCool: maybe we can auto test the behavior assertions
   ... but no implementation for the testfest

   <inserted> kaz: as I mentioned during the architecture call
   briefly, we should have detailed discussion about this during
   f2f but

   Kaz: we should have a best practice note separately from the TD
   spec itself

Tooling

   next topic: tooling

   Ege: TD Playground is updated

   <ege> [16]http://plugfest.thingweb.io/playground/

     [16] http://plugfest.thingweb.io/playground/

   Ege: for validation a TD we need only the simple form
   ... log can be cleared now
   ... double check if op is defined as array
   ... so far, there are assertions tests however, it is not
   completed yet

   <ege> td-events:uniqueness AND td-events:existence

   MichealMc: setup PR to separate assertions for properties,
   actions, events. etc.

node-wot update

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   Sebastian: update on node-wot implementation
   ... some security portions which don't work yet
   ... currently we have some challenges
   ... implementing forms
   ... 90% done, issue with readall, security coverage

   McCool: work on next month for the coverage
   ... enough security schemas working
   ... next point is coverage of eventing
   ... anything else?

   (none)

Data collection

   McCool: visit the workflow doc

   [17]workflow

     [17] https://github.com/egekorkan/wot/tree/master/testfest/2019-02-princeton

   Ege: examples please?

   McCool: need to document CLI tool usage
   ... move mergeresults.js to playground repo
   ... need to update templates.csv
   ... examples directory
   ... anything else?

Security testing

   McCool: Elena is working on that
   ... the plan is having the plan fleshed out
   ... at least one penetration test during f2f
   ... one question, more testing before PR
   ... more work during testfest
   ... penetration test during f2f means fuzz testing
   ... operating on safe mode
   ... failsafe devices, please

   Sebastian: question to people
   ... are you aware what to do on Monday?

   McCool: if you have questions about testfest, please create
   issues at: [18]https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues
   ... also please review:
   [19]https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/testfest/2019-02-pri
   nceton
   ... anything else?

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues
     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/testfest/2019-02-princeton

   Koster: created a new CG for iotschema.org
   ... could I span with the WoT groups?

   McCool: think got an announcement about that
   ... maybe you should send out an announcement
   ... that's fine

   Koster: ok
   ... all relevant

   McCool: yes
   ... can talk about that briefly during f2f
   ... talk to you at f2f

   Lagally: and talk on Friday at the TD slot for architecture
   update :)

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [20]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([21]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/01/25 09:55:58 $

     [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Friday, 25 January 2019 09:59:02 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:52 UTC