W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > September 2018

[online-plugfest] minutes - 25 September 2018 - slot C

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 08:57:29 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9Vzs7Z0=knpMEeQ_JdRhLDD7ZquZThokVSafQvgm8JETw@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/09/25-wot-pf-slot-c-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                        Online PlugFest - slot C

26 Sep 2018

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Kunihiko_Toumura, Matthias_Kovatsch,
          Michael_McCool, Takeshi_Yamada, Toru_Kawaguchi,
          Michael_Koster, Daniel_Peintner

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Updates
         2. [4]Intel
         3. [5]Hitachi
         4. [6]Fujitsu
         5. [7]SmartThings
         6. [8]Panasonic
         7. [9]Next call
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Updates

   McCool: any updates?

   Matthias: working with Fujitsu

   McCool: DNS problem?

   Matthias: talking to the global proxy
   ... good to have audio connection to solve the problem

   McCool: it's late in Japan

Intel

   McCool: TAP VPN working now
   ... people should try TUN VPN as well
   ... but will go to bed from now and will be available in 10
   hours
   ... updated the name server as well
   ... if any problem, let me know

Hitachi

   Toumura: connected to Panasonic simulator and Oracle simulator
   ... testing property and actions
   ... using node-red
   ... currently trying some scenario use case
   ... including air conditioner and oracle simulator

Fujitsu

   Kaz: any updates from Fujtsu?

   Sano: tried to connect with VPN
   ... and could set up the VPN client
   ... but couldn't connect with the other devices

   McCool: TAP VPN?
   ... please update your machine for that
   ... bridge between the TAP VPN and your local network
   ... it's network issue on your side
   ... need to walk through the issues
   ... will check the interaction with gateway tomorrow
   ... will send detailed instruction (tomorrow)
   ... just problem between TAP interface and other network

   Matthias: question about Fujitsu remote proxy
   ... my Thing appears there
   ... but got error

   Sano: can't you get TD?

   Matthias: there is some delay. maybe?
   ... could read data but couldn't put data

   Sano: I can get your data
   ... will reboot the remote proxy
   ... please try to register your TD again

   Matthias: ok
   ... btw, got a pop-up asking password
   ... have you sent it by email?

   Sano: will send login/password to you

   Matthias: ok

SmartThings

   Koster: just getting started
   ... where is the thing directory?
   ... still sort out the server setting
   ... need to upload TDs, etc.

   McCool: ok

Panasonic

   Yamada: this evening, I checked UDP

   McCool: how about TAP VPN?

   Yamada: not yet
   ... will check the devices with VLAN
   ... btw, it would be great if somebody can let me know the
   address of directory

   McCool: we should publish the IP addresses
   ... maybe on the Google docs?
   ... would it be reasonable, Matthias?

   Matthias: collect in the repo

   McCool: would be better to collect the tools at one place

   Matthias: Lagally also described device simulator

   McCool: please send the information on your IP addresses

   Koster: on the plugfest wiki?

   McCool: will make the list available

   Kaz: where to put what?

   McCool: static IP addresses necessary

   [12]online plugfest README.md

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online/README.md

   Kaz: so put on the README.md?

   McCool: yes
   ... at the top of the README file
   ... IP addresses for services

   Koster: have done that

   [13]online plugfest README.md

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online/README.md

   McCool: will send the VPN configuration file to you, Koster
   ... if anybody else wants, let me know

   Toru: devices in Osaka seem to be a bit unstable
   ... will check them tomorrow

   McCool: when?

   Toru: by 9am JST

Next call

   McCool: 9am JST
   ... don't expect EU (2am)
   ... 5pm US Pacific

   Koster: ok

   Matthias: nobody has sketched what to do
   ... I'm generating some story
   ... please put your ideas on the spreadsheet
   ... I'll also distribute some idea
   ... Sebastian to work on MQTT
   ... also would work with Intel for OCF devices

   McCool: ok
   ... will fill the spreadsheet in

   Matthias: ok
   ... everybody, please fill it in
   ... so that we can try real connection/testing

   McCool: ok

   Koster: table on the README?

   Matthias: we had some discussion during the prev online
   plugfest call, and decided to create a spreadsheet for detailed
   negotiation

   [14]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-wg/2018Sep/
   0029.html

     [14] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-wg/2018Sep/0029.html

   (member-only)

   Koster: ok. make sense
   ... will also fill it out

   Matthias: hangout for video connection

   Kaz: we can continue to use webex as well if somebody can stay

   Koster: can stay

   McCool: IRC is also available

   [the slot C meeting adjourned; but Koster can stay on webex]

   <mjkoster> Yes, I will stay on webex and keep it open

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [15]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([16]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/09/25 23:55:56 $

     [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 25 September 2018 23:58:30 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 25 September 2018 23:58:31 UTC