W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > September 2018

[online-plugfest] minutes - 25 September 2018 - slot B

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 17:38:23 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9UVu2JkHz81h4mg6Jg3y9ckWPh7qaDhEJB=D8EdsmqTqg@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/09/25-wot-pf-slot-b-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                            Online PlugFest

25 Sep 2018 - slot B

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Takeshi_Sano,
          Matthias_Kovatsch, Yosuke_Nakamura, Toru_Kawaguchi,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Daniel_Peintner

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Welcome Nakamura-san
         2. [4]Online PlugFest
         3. [5]Intel
         4. [6]Siemens
         5. [7]Fujitsu
         6. [8]Panasonic
         7. [9]Hitachi
         8. [10]how to proceed
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Welcome Nakamura-san

   Nakamura: from Fujitsu

   Kaz: interested in security for wot. right?

   Nakamura: yes

Online PlugFest

   McCool: status update
   ... what you need for help, etc.
   ... any particular problems with connection, etc.?
   ... we can stay here as long as we want
   ... also we can use Google hangout (if needed)
   ... can send invite to the group lists
   ... concrete credential for webex, etc., should be sent to the
   Member lists
   ... to be linked from the GH wiki

   <McCool>
   [13]https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/plugfest/2018-sept-o
   nline

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online

   McCool: master preparation file above
   ... please create PRs if you want to change it
   ... I can merge them
   ... anything else, Kaz?

   Kaz: nothing
   ... as McCool mentioned, we can extend this call if needed

   McCool: which slots will you be available?

   Kaz: will try to join all the slots

   McCool: ok

Intel

   McCool: still working on the setting
   ... all the information here on the README.md
   ... VPN is working though not great one

   [14]Logistics

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online/README.md#user-content-logistics

   McCool: working on DHCP setting
   ... but people can start to use the VPN service itself
   ... please let me know if any problems
   ... (goes through the VPN server setting)



   vlan1.mmccool.net (should be at 104.248.39.149) port 1194 (udp)
   and port 443 (tcp)

   WIP: vlan2.mmccool.net (should be at 104.248.39.147) port 1194
   (udp) and port 443 (tcp)

   CA is at ca.mmccool.net (should be 104.248.39.148)

   ]]

   McCool: please install openvpn and try to run it
   ... next somebody?

   Kaz: problems or questions?

   McCool: to be clear, you don't have to use the VPN server
   ... if you have problem, I have some script for proxying
   ... how about you, Matthias?

Siemens

   Matthias: LTE connection a bit shaky
   ... have been busy to rewrite the resources
   ... would work on Fujitsu's proxy
   ... updated festplan
   ... how node-wot would be connected with Oracle server
   ... will work with Lagally
   ... did some update for CoAP server
   ... collecting issues
   ... so that we could have stable system for TPAC

   McCool: OCF connection?

   Matthias: have not got concrete devices yet

   McCool: would provide some CoAP connection to be tested

   Matthias: good to check the extended form mechanism
   ... have some unit test for header options
   ... good to test it
   ... do we have overview point?

   McCool: we have the README.md page

   Kaz: we should clarify the setting/project for each connection

   McCool: the main README.md would become too big
   ... so maybe we should create a separate md for each project?

   Matthias: maybe we could use Google Docs?

   McCool: that's possible
   ... also I'd refactor the README.md itself as well
   ... can you organize the Google Docs side?

   Matthias: will work on that and think about what would be the
   good format
   ... btw, we have eclipse sandbox
   ... we need to set up some static address for that

   McCool: VPN with TUN also to be added static addresses
   ... will add another subsection for logistics about static IPs
   ... (adds a subsection for that purpose)
   ... Intel, Siemens, Fujitsu, Panasonic, Hitachi, Oracle,
   SmartThings
   ... please put your IPs here

   Matthias: we have to set up some config file. right?

   McCool: the server shows up as number 1
   ... you can pick up the rest addresses
   ... these addresses are reserved for TAP VPN if DHCP is not
   working

   Matthias: ok

   McCool: static from 1 to 99
   ... DHCP from 100 to 250
   ... any other updates?
   ... Matsukura-san?

   <ryuichi> sano-san can answer that question.

Fujitsu

   Kaz: Sano-san?

   Sano: we would like to connect with all the devices
   ... via our remote/local proxies
   ... synchronized TD with the directory
   ... provided by Intel and Siemens
   ... try to connect with node-red
   ... TDs updated on GitHub

   Kaz: so Fujitsu will provide the directory service and also the
   proxy service?

   Sano: yes

   McCool: any documentation?

   [15]preparation-fujitsu.md

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online/preparation-fujitsu.md

   Sano: above
   ... we've started to work on VPN setting as well

   McCool: let me know if any problems



   1.1 Public Thing Directories

   Cloud Thing Directories

   TD Directory running on Fujitsu's Remote Proxy Servient.

   Authentication credentials - to be distributed via W3C email
   and/or use OAuth2

   Local LAN Thing Directories (simulated local LANs using
   OpenVPN)

   [TD Directory] running on Fujitsu's Local Proxy Servient.

   No authentication credentials; assumes "local network" is
   secure.

   1.2 Public Proxies

   [Remote Proxy Servient] running at https://xxx.fujitsu.com:xxxx

   [Local Proxy Servient] running at https://192.168.x.x:xxxx

   ]]

   [16]playground

     [16] http://plugfest.thingweb.io/playground/

Panasonic

   Toru: (shares his screen)

   [17]preparation-panasonic.md

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online/preparation-panasonic.md

   Toru: you can see the same figure on Google hangout
   ... you need a bearer token to access these devices (e.g., air
   conditioner)
   ... please refer to section "6 Implementation Guidelines" for
   the setting



   * URL: https://w3c.p-wot.com:8443/auth

   * METHOD: POST

   * Requeest body: application/json

     {

       "id": "xxxx",

       "password": "yyyy"

     }

     Note: id and password are distributed to plugest participants
   privately.

   * Response body: application/json

     {

       "token":
   "eyJ...CJ9.eyJ3b3SIsImlhdCI6MTUyNDIwMjI0N...TG4ifQ.9n9...VT-k"

     }

   The value of the token is used to access Panasonic WoT
   interface in following request header:

     Authorization: Bearer <token>

   ]]

   Toru: feel free to get data from the devices
   ... but please be careful to put data because all these devices
   will really respond

   McCool: what hours will those devices available?

   Toru: until 5-6pm here in Osaka
   ... but you can try to access during the night as well though
   there is no support

   [18]Panasonic TDs

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online/TDs/Panasonic

   Toru: shows TD settings as well
   ... there is an online simulator here (access restricted)
   ... you can find the picture of the air conditioner
   ... if you choose some operations on the right side of the
   simulator app
   ... you can control the air conditioner
   ... you need to set up bearer token for the connection from
   apps as well

   yama: trying to work on UDP connection
   ... would like to investigate the availability

   McCool: have been also working on UDP
   ... was working 1 hour ago

   yama: ok

   Kaz: have you distributed the access credentials to the Members
   list?

   Toru: just sent to a representative from each plugfest
   participant

   Kaz: ok

Hitachi

   Toumura: updated preparation-hitachi.md

   [19]preparation-hitachi.md

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online/preparation-hitachi.md

   Toumura: will try to use VPN
   ... please try the tool, node-red-nodegen



   1.3 Public Tools

   * node-red-nodegen for generating WoT node (repository URL:
   [20]https://github.com/k-toumura/node-red-nodegen/tree/webofthi
   ngs)

     [20] https://github.com/k-toumura/node-red-nodegen/tree/webofthings)

       NOTICE: This branch (webofthings) is under heavy active
   development and not fully tested. Not suitable for production
   use.

   ]]

   Toumura: if any problem, please let me know

How to proceed

   McCool: we can stay here on webex
   ... also it seems Google hangout works well
   ... Matthias, will you work on the Google Docs side?

   Matthias: yes
   ... have generated an initial page
   ... (shares his screen)
   ... spreadsheet with day/participants/topic
   ... also heap area to discuss possible additional slots

   McCool: ok

   Matthias: here all the "slots" mean something like "Wednesday
   B"

   McCool: ok
   ... will drop and work on VPN setting
   ... TCP may drop within the next couple of hour
   ... anybody has problems?

   (none)

   McCool: ok
   ... please let me know if you need TCP connection
   ... can send emails about updates

   Kaz: also you can continue to use this IRC channel :)

   [meeting adjourned; but individual discussions will go on]

   Kaz: BTW, Matthias, have you sent out the URL of the Google
   spreadsheet to the Member lists?

   Matthias: have done that
   ... also added the link to the README.md

   Kaz: tx!

   [We'll continue the discussion on IRC, email, Google hangout,
   etc.]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [21]scribe.perl version
    1.153 ([22]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/09/25 08:36:02 $

     [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 25 September 2018 08:39:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 25 September 2018 08:39:30 UTC