W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > September 2018

[PlugFest/Test] minutes - 12 September 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 14:45:36 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9Vp4qMDQeYWuWP7p00fAaXQkwOKgovJFgkOMH5VqgZ6LA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/09/12-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking minutes, Michael Koster!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                          WoT PlugFest/Testing

12 Sep 2018

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_Lagally, Michael_McCool,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Daniel_Peintner(IRC), Michael_Koster,
          Matthias_Kovatsch, Toru_Kawaguchi, Takeshi_Sano

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          mjkoster

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Siemens's security setting
         2. [4]Agenda for today
         3. [5]Fujitsu presentation
         4. [6]Online PlugFest preparation document
               o [7]What is the schedule for online plugfest
                 slots? who can make it when?
               o [8]projects and goals for the testing section
               o [9]scenarios
               o [10]logistics
               o [11]is there anything else we need to consider
                 for the plugfest?
               o [12]What is the schedule for Plugfest kickoff?
                 First meeting may be the "B" slot of the first
                 day
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     * [14]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <inserted> scribenick: mjkoster

Siemens's security setting

   McCool: what security protocols will be supported for consumed
   things?

   Matthias: Basic, Bearer, Digest, and PSK for DTLS
   ... will provide an overview of protocol bindings and security
   bindings
   ... we can drive further additions with the online plugfest
   ... Siemens will provide the planning documents soon

   McCool: need to define application scenarios, hopefully many
   small ones rather then a few big ones

   Matthias: working on use cases in the Arch document that can
   drive these scenarios
   ... need to drop of now, apologies

   <kaz> (Matthias leaves)

Agenda for today

   McCool: agenda: refine the planning document
   ... are there any new additions?

   Kawaguchi: made an update to the project planning document PR
   #534

   <kaz> [15]pr 534 by Toru

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/534

   Takeshi: Fujitsu proxy provides the security for devices

   Kaz: are there slides?

   <kaz> (while Sano-san is looking for the slides, we can go
   through the README.md)

   Kaz: meantime, can we look at the planning?

   McCool: who plans to work on what projects?

Fujitsu presentation

   Sano: presentation on the proxy security
   ... The proxy can provide security for devices that don't
   natively provide security
   ... the proxy provides authentication for users

   McCool: does the TD get updated to add the new security
   metadata?

   <inserted> sano: Fujitsu's remote proxy adds ["scheme":
   "basic"] if there is no security specified in the TD for the
   device

   McCool: empty list is not allowed because scheme:nosec is
   required to generate the RDF metadata
   ... is there a Thing Directory that TDs are retrieved from?
   ... there may be a change in the security making thing-level
   security declaration mandatory

   <kaz> [16]TD issue 230 about Thing level security (for next
   iteration)

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/230

   <kaz> mccool: can you provide these slides?

   <kaz> kaz: maybe Sano-san can update fujitsu-preparation.md or
   README.md with this idea and example TDs

   McCool: make a sub directory to add the figures and link to
   them from the .md file

Online PlugFest preparation document

* What is the schedule for online plugfest slots? who can make it
when?

   <kaz> [17]fyi, the rendered version of README.md
   (/plugfest/2018-sept-online/README.md)

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online

   McCool: (filling out the table)

* Projects and goals for the testing section

   Koster: is semantic testing part of testing or part of
   semantics?

   McCool: (filling in the table)
   ... each group should indicate what they are going to do
   ... tactics rather than logistics

* Scenarios

   McCool: we should have many small scenarios instead of a few
   large ones

   Lagally: they need to be large enough to show an application

   McCool: adding some categories to the scenarios e.g. enterprise
   integration
   ... fleet management

   Lagally: supply chain management?

* Logistics

   McCool: still working on a VPN for local networks but the VPN
   is not required
   ... the focus should be on reachable devices with security

* Is there anything else we need to consider for the plugfest?

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to mention this document would provide
   good input for our "brief description" about WoT for marketing
   purposes as well

   Kaz: we could reuse some of this material in the marketing to
   illustrate use cases and examples

   Lagally: will try to clean up the examples as they are added

* What is the schedule for Plugfest kickoff? First meeting may be the
"B" slot of the first day

   McCool: please edit the page and make PRs as needed
   ... can we create webex meeting slots for the Plugfest week,
   using the existing meetings
   ... adjourned

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [18]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([19]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/09/17 05:42:01 $

     [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 17 September 2018 05:46:39 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 17 September 2018 05:46:39 UTC