W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > September 2018

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 12 September 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 14:17:29 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9WAQ6kD2+Z7eXWqkX3UknRNPLuJZsvYjyzKkAjBva46RQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/09/12-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Michael Koster!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

12 Sep 2018

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Daniel_Peintner, Michael_Koster,
          Dave_Raggett, Zoltan_Kis, Graeme_Coleman,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_McCool,
          Michael_Lagally, Takeshi_Sano, Toru_Kawaguchi,
          DarkoAnicic

   Regrets

   Chair
          Matthias, McCool

   Scribe
          mjkoster

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]WG drafts and note publication
               o [4]TD
               o [5]Scripting
               o [6]Binding
               o [7]Security
               o [8]Binding (revisited)
               o [9]Architecture
         2. [10]Infor share: Embedded testing framework
         3. [11]Dev meetup
         4. [12]PlugFest registration and f2f agenda
         5. [13]Possible 2nd WoT workshop
     * [14]Summary of Action Items
     * [15]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <mkovatsc>
   [16]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

   <kaz> scribenick: mjkoster

WG drafts and note publication

   McCool: security doc ready for release today

* TD

   Matthias: Thing Description has recent changes merged, any
   objections to freeze the document now?

   Zoltan: what about the recent discussion about "writeable" vs.
   "readonly"?

   Daniel: there seems to be agreement for publication but there
   was no mention of the readonly question

   mkoster: the discussion was not shared by the group members yet

   Matthias: there are many outstanding issues that aren't
   resolved yet

   Kaz: we could explain that we are discussing this in our
   meetings
   ... can we label the issue?

   Matthias: this is for the next iteration
   ... are there objections to publishing as-is?
   ... no objections noted, resolved to publish now and address
   the comments in the next iteration

   RESOLUTION: to publish the Thing Description document as of
   today

* Scripting

   Matthias: Scripting API document
   ... many issues are fixed but there has not been enough time to
   do everything that can be done
   ... should we try to resolve now or wait for another review
   cycle?

   Zoltan: there are always language improvements but that can be
   done later
   ... good to go for now

   Matthias: we can sync the TD and Scripting API documents and
   publish them together
   ... is anyone planning review?
   ... if not, can we resolve to publish today?

   Daniel: good to go

   Matthias: any objections to publishing the current editor's
   draft?

   RESOLUTION: we decided to publish the Scripting API document
   version as of today

* Binding

   Koster: I believe it's ready to go but only received comments
   from Taki so far

   McCool: suggest we push it out as a note and release for next
   plugfest

   Matthias: we can add the new experience in a short time frame
   going forward
   ... we need to speed up in general so we can get to the goal

   Koster: I will take time this week to incorporate Taki's
   comments and make other improvements

   Matthias: will also take time to review before next week and
   freeze in one more week
   ... security document?

* Security

   McCool: it is ready to publish as it is

   Matthias: this is a lot further along than the first document
   ... are there any objections or more review needed?

   RESOLUTION: we will publish the Security note as of today

* Binding (revisited)

   [17]https://rawgit.com/mjkoster/wot-binding-templates/mjkoster-
   update-bundang/index.html

     [17] https://rawgit.com/mjkoster/wot-binding-templates/mjkoster-update-bundang/index.html

   Matthias: will you merge these changes to the master?

   Koster: will do and send out a link

   <mkovatsc> Binding to review (after merge)
   [18]https://w3c.github.io/wot-binding-templates/

     [18] https://w3c.github.io/wot-binding-templates/

   [19]https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates is up to date
   with the latest PR merged

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates

* Architecture

   Matthias: will have an editors call next week but Wednesday is
   a conflict

   Lagally: would like to participate and add industrial use cases

   Matthias: ok, will add

Info share: Embedded testing framework

   <kaz> [20]Sep. 4 - Media and Entertainment IG minutes

     [20] https://www.w3.org/2018/09/04-me-minutes.html

   Kaz: There was presentation and discussion about test framework
   for embedded devices during the Media and Entertainment IG call
   last week (minutes above)
   ... CTA orgainization has a project, CTA-WAVE, in collaboration
   with the W3C Web Media API CG
   ... document about media related profiles

   <kaz-win> [21]https://www.w3.org/2017/12/webmediaapi.html

     [21] https://www.w3.org/2017/12/webmediaapi.html

   <kaz-win> [22]https://github.com/cta-wave/WMAS2017

     [22] https://github.com/cta-wave/WMAS2017

   <kaz-win> [23]https://github.com/web-platform-tests/wpt

     [23] https://github.com/web-platform-tests/wpt

   McCool: will see if there is any applicable testing

   <kaz-win>
   [24]https://github.com/cta-wave/WMAS2017/blob/master/wmas2017-s
   ubset.sh

     [24] https://github.com/cta-wave/WMAS2017/blob/master/wmas2017-subset.sh

   Kaz: there is a test script in the repository
   ... test suite

   <kaz-win> [25]https://webapitests2017.ctawave.org/

     [25] https://webapitests2017.ctawave.org/

   Kaz: demonstrated the automated API testing and results page

   <kaz-win> [26]https://cta-wave.github.io/WMAS2017/

     [26] https://cta-wave.github.io/WMAS2017/

   Kaz: they generate a HTML test report with all the results
   ... the hope is that we can utilize some of this for our
   testing

   Matthias: would like to see a technical overview, how it works
   and what we can use in our environment

   Kaz: it uses a HTTP REST interface that works based on testable
   assertions

   Matthias: how does the browser test work? does it get JS code
   for testing or?

   Kaz: this site contains many tests included JS codes and test
   specifications, wa can run locally using any browser

   Matthias: how do we integrate with a headless test?

   Kaz: we could copy the server code and use local commands
   ... 3 options are (1) online test, (2) copy the resources to the
   local machine and access our local server and (3) and copy all
   the resources to the local machine and run the test script
   locally on the command line

   McCool: will look at it and start a discussion and sub group
   around the plugfest

   Matthias: it would be good to have a framework that can easily
   integrate new tests

   McCool: could potentially use a browser but need to look at the
   embedded testing methods they use

   Matthias: follow up with this in the testing meeting

Dev meetup

   McCool: coordinating with Dominique
   ... asked for 2 tables
   ... they need a description of what we plan to demo for
   promotion
   ... we could compose some tweets for promotional messages
   ... also need some figures to go with them, i.e. a diagram with
   an explanatory tweet

   Matthias: we should select some figures like the Architecture
   overview

   McCool: can create a directory on github to collect blurbs and
   diagrams
   ... including some of the Festo material could be good

   Matthias: we should create a permanent place for this we can
   re-use for all events

   <kaz> [Kaz can also provide links to photos]

   McCool: please contribute to this
   ... and review
   ... we should reply soon, so please review soon and will reply
   in about 8 hours

   Lagally: marketing materials

PlugFest registration and f2f agenda

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to mention the plugfest registration
   site

   <mkovatsc> F2F
   [27]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_20-26_October_2
   018,_Lyon,_France

     [27] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_20-26_October_2018,_Lyon,_France

   Matthias: please register for the plugfest because it's
   separately held from the TPAC f2f, and add agenda items to the
   f2f wiki

   <kaz> [28]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTPlugFest201810/
   PlugFest registration site

     [28] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTPlugFest201810/

Possible 2nd WoT workshop

   Matthias: planning W3C workshop on WoT in March or April
   ... this could be good timing for the document release and new
   charters
   ... this is submission-driven so getting ready to publish a CFP
   ... hoping to find funding to have a hosted event
   ... also an opportunity for outreach to get new requirements
   and participants
   ... next call testing/plugfest in 2 minutes
   ... meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [29]to publish the Thing Description document as of today
    2. [30]we decided to publish the Scripting API document
       version as of today
    3. [31]we will publish the Security note as of today

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [32]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([33]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/09/17 05:16:20 $

     [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 17 September 2018 05:18:32 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 17 September 2018 05:18:32 UTC