W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > September 2018

[PlugFest/Test] minutes - 5 September 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 17:41:53 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9X26YavV-WD77yuL4mTAm_Xg0z+TiHG512YrDsxpbiPPw@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/09/05-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Michael Lagally!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                           WoT-PlugFest/Test

05 Sep 2018

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Michael_Lagally,
          Takeshi_Sano, Dave_Raggett, Toru_Kawaguchi,
          Matthias_Kovatsch, Kunihiko_Toumura, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Daniel_Peintner

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          mlagally, mlagally_, kaz

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]agenda
            https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf#Agenda
            _05.09.2018
         2. [4]Preparation documents
     * [5]Summary of Action Items
     * [6]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

agenda
[7]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf#Agenda_05.09.2018

      [7] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf#Agenda_05.09.2018

   <kaz> scribenick: mlagally

   <inserted> scribenick: mlagally_

   McCool: quick update:
   ... got OpenVPN working

   <McCool>
   [8]https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-
   up-an-openvpn-server-on-ubuntu-16-04

      [8] https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-an-openvpn-server-on-ubuntu-16-04

   McCool: runs on digital ocean and aws
   ... still looking for an easy way to install a router
   ... to use it you need to use my config file, install and run
   OpenVPN with it.
   ... I need to create a unique version of this file for each
   interested party

   Kaz: VPN key code for W3C service had been changed - there may
   be a W3C VPN server available.
   ... do we want to use it?

   McCool: better to use our own. If there would be a separate VPN
   service for us, it would be a different situation.

   Kaz: I'll check.

   McCool: Ideally somebody else should set up a second VPN
   server, to have a fallback
   ... wrt agenda: We did not discuss Testing for a while -
   deferring until getting the plugfest organised

Preparation documents

   <kaz> (starting with Fujitsu)

   Matsukura-san presents preparation document

   Matsukura-san: we provide 2 devices: rotating light and sensor
   ... sensor measures different things, such as light, ...

   <kaz> [9]Fujitsu's preparation.md

      [9] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online/preparation-fujitsu.md

   Matsukura-san: we support CoAP and HTTP as previously
   ... observe via long-poll

   McCool: we need a PR to include sub-protocols - I will create
   an issue
   ... can you clarify the thing directories? Which one do you
   sync with?

   Matsukura-san: our directory server connects to another server
   - if registered with another Thing Directory, our device can
   also be used

   McCool: can you please add details to the document.
   ... can you please add details to the document?

   <kaz> (next Oracle)

   <kaz> [10]Oracle preparation.md

     [10] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online/preparation-oracle.md

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   Lagally: first draft
   ... device simulator, digital twin simulator, etc.
   ... quick demo on Monday in Bundang
   ... this time want to integrate more devices
   ... (goes through section 3)
   ... still have TBDs for the detail
   ... all the "tbd"s will be clarified later
   ... 4. Use Cases
   ... home integration and industrial integration
   ... came in mind in Bundang
   ... devices from people

   McCool: probably the description shouldn't be duplicated
   ... maybe you could create a separate file about the detail?

   Lagally: this is just a placeholder for people's participation
   ... maybe we can start with some kind of simulation

   McCool: so far same content with the main preparation file
   ... would be better to explain which part is done by you,
   maybe?

   Lagally: can make the description more generic

   McCool: good to document the requirements
   ... starting with the ones for online plugfest
   ... and also the ones for Lyon

   Lagally: same logistics as before

   <inserted> scribenick: mlagally_

   Lagally: we are moving to a new server instance - if you want
   access ahead of the plug fest please let me know

   <inserted> (Panasonic)

   <inserted> [11]Panasonic preparation.md

     [11] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online/preparation-panasonic.md

   Toru-san: presents preparation-panasonic

   McCool: I will reach out to you next week to do a quick test

   Toru-san: we will register our smart home TDs with Siemens /
   Intel Thing directories, also have them on github
   ... we have 5 simulator instances that can be used by different
   companies. They have different TDs

   <McCool>
   [12]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/testing/online/panas
   onic.md

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/testing/online/panasonic.md

   Lagally: it would be ideal to use the simulator before the
   plug-fest.

   Toru-san: it is available right now, will update in 1 or 2
   weeks for the plugfest
   ... we have two clients: NodeRED and generic client
   ... generic client will use HTTP, simple WebSocket and Long
   Poll
   ... for observe we have http+long poll and web socket
   ... security: bearer token is validated by servient
   ... token distribution is up to implementation

   McCool: I'm working to set up an Oauth service. Hope to have it
   within a week. We could use this as a test case.
   ... Please contribute your preparation documents if you have
   not yet done so.
   ... please also update the planning/availability tables
   ... Matthias organizes a google hangout - this will be more an
   ad-hoc thing
   ... what does names with () mean?

   Toru-san: tentative

   McCool: let's ask participants now - Siemens?

   Matthias: need to discuss internally

   Lagally: planning still needs to be done

   McCool: I need to change the scenario description a bit - could
   take a picture
   ... others, please also update to reflect your devices
   ... Please add yourself to projects, if you are planning to
   work on those. We can organise separate meetings for that
   ... If you have additional topics, please add them
   ... actions recap: update your preparation.md, participation,
   scenarios, projects accordingly
   ... also add target features to readme, if applicable

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [13]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([14]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/09/10 08:40:04 $

     [13] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 10 September 2018 08:42:59 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 10 September 2018 08:42:59 UTC