W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > September 2018

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 5 September 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 17:35:51 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9UXYB8E7qpSJzwM78CaVjdHmCWqGp2CaT8t63tJvk2uig@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/09/05-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Graeme!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

05 Sep 2018

Attendees

   Present
          Michael_McCool, Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_Koster,
          Michael_Lagally, Taki_Kamiya, Zoltan_Kis,
          Matthias_Kovatsch, Daniel_Peintner, Graeme_Coleman,
          Toru_Kawaguchi, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura, Barry_Leiba

   Regrets

   Chair
          Matthias, McCool

   Scribe
          GraemeColeman

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Quick Updates
         2. [4]Releases of new working drafts - Thing Description
         3. [5]Binding templates
         4. [6]Scripting API
         5. [7]Security
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     * [9]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: GraemeColeman

   <mkovatsc>
   [10]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#5_Sep_2018

     [10] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#5_Sep_2018

Quick Updates

   <mkovatsc> F2F
   [11]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_20-26_October_2
   018,_Lyon,_France

     [11] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_20-26_October_2018,_Lyon,_France

   Kaz is currently setting up a registration process for the
   Plugfest in Lyon

   University of Lyon will host the PlugFest, but catering will
   not be provided.

   MK will update the wiki with times and further information as
   this becomes available.

   <mkovatsc> Input for F2F
   [12]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_20-26_October_2
   018,_Lyon,_France#Input

     [12] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_20-26_October_2018,_Lyon,_France#Input

Releases of new working drafts - Thing Description

   Sebastian is on vacation, but Michael Lagally has provided a
   detailed review.

   Michael_Lagally: There are a few things that might need a
   further explanation

   Michael_McCool: PRs are ready to merge.

   [13]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/221 has
   been discussed and agreed

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/221

   [14]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/220
   Michael_McCool made some adjustments to the introductory
   paragraph to the Security Vocabulary section so most of it is
   no longer an ed note

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/220

   [15]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/219 -
   Michael_McCool: Biggest PR - Addressed a mistake in the
   ontology/JSON validation identified by Michael_Lagally: the
   value of "scopes" is supposed to be an array of strings, but
   was mistakenly declared as just a string.

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/219

   Michael_McCool and Michael_Lagally agree that all three of the
   above can be merged.

   Michael_Lagally: issue number 222
   ([16]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/222),
   it is not clear what the value of "null" is.
   ... issue number 216:
   [17]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/216:
   Michael_McCool - there is still some confusion between name and
   identifiers.

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/222),
     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/216

   Michael_McCool: I talk about "unique identifiers" rather than
   "unique name" in my PRs.

   Michael_Lagally: We can discuss this issue further in the TD
   call.
   ... There are no blocker issues amongst the issues I have
   raised.

   Matthais_Kovatsch: Is there an issue we should definitely
   resolve before we do the release?

   Michael_Lagally: The scope issue one is the biggest one.

   Taki_Kamiya: We are going only address non-controversial issues
   just now, and post controversial until the next release. The
   above PRs are non-controversial, so we can merge those three at
   this moment, and others we can postpone to the next release as
   they are more controversial.

   <kaz> Matthias: asks Kaz about the procedure

   <inserted> kaz: will check the document using the checker once
   Taki merges the final changes

Binding templates

   Matthias_Kovatsch: What is the status of the binding templates
   document?

   Michael_Koster: It's ready to go with the other ones, but there
   may be some small updates which I will to today. I would also
   like some reviews.

Scripting API

   Matthias_Kovatsch: I only finished my review of all the PRs
   this morning. When is the editor's version ready for review?

   zoltan_kis: I haven't had time to fix Matthais' comments, but
   we will spend time this week trying to align the scripting API
   spec to the TD and security specs.

   zoltan_kis: Dictionary definitions in the TD document,
   implementation descriptions in the scripting API. In the
   scripting API we can therefore concentrate on the actual
   implementations.

   <McCool>
   [18]https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/issues/143

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/issues/143

   Michael_McCool: What about extensible security schemes and new
   security schemes? Can extensions be handled cleanly?

   zoltan_kis: Yes, this can be handled
   ... Note that a single element is treated as a string, while >1
   elements is treated as an array.

   [19]https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/pull/138

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/pull/138

Security

   Michael_McCool: Security TF ready for another release. We're
   ready to push it out. The master branch is ready to be
   released. Kaz: Please go ahead with the process. If there any
   issues, create a PR and we can fix it in the master. We didn't
   receive any comments.
   ... I created another PR against the TD - do *not* merge that
   this for this release, we will have to discuss this before
   release. It is just for discussion purposes.

   <McCool> [20]https://github.com/w3c/wot-security

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security

   <McCool>
   [21]https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/blob/master/index.html

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/blob/master/index.html

   <McCool> ready for release to update the W3C Note

   Michael_McCool: Above master is ready for release

   Kaz: I got some information about testing framework for
   embedded devices, which I would like to discuss next week.

   McCool: We should also discuss which version of TD we are going
   to use for the online and Lyon Plugfests, and we should discuss
   timings for that.

   Meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [22]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([23]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/09/10 08:34:15 $

     [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 10 September 2018 08:36:56 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 10 September 2018 08:36:57 UTC