W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > June 2018

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 6 June 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2018 18:40:22 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9X7JVi0bd_6oxLLiW+_8W8Vi7CThu-V-6RcPjYsxhH_+w@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/06/06-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Michael Koster!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

06 Jun 2018

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner,
          Darko_Anicic, Fano_Ramparany, Graeme_Coleman,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_Koster,
          Sebastian_Bolle, Takeshi_Sano, Toru_Kawaguchi,
          Zoltan_Kis, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Michael_Lagally,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura, Blache_Fabrice, Taki_Kamiya

   Regrets

   Chair
          Matthias, McCool

   Scribe
          mjkoster, kaz

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Quick updates
         2. [4]F2F outreach to local orgs
         3. [5]Prague plugfest documentation
         4. [6]Guest presentation, Sebastien with Orange
         5. [7]Security vocabulary
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     * [9]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <mkovatsc>
   [10]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#6_June_2018

     [10] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#6_June_2018

Quick updates

   <kaz> scribenick: kaz

   McCool: testing tf meeting time
   ... conflict with WISHI call
   ... so would suggest we change the slot
   ... possibly combine with the PF call

   (OK with all)

   Kaz: Liaison request from ETSI CIM as initiated during the
   Prague f2f
   ... they would start initial review esp. for wot architecture
   and TD
   ... which version to be used?

   Matthias: would suggest the updated version after the Korea f2f

   (OK by all)

F2F outreach to local orgs

   McCool: invitees for openday/plugfest

   Matthias: also request from LG to provide summary on the latest
   update on WoT in general

   McCool: will generate some slides

   Matthias: please put that on the IG repo

   McCool: ok

   <kaz> scribenick: mjkoster

   McCool: we need a brief summary presentation

   Matthias: especially to update people with the latest progress

   McCool: will make up some slides with a recent update summary

   Koster: will outreach to ETRI contacts

Prague plugfest documentation

   Matthias: what about SmartThings and IRI?
   ... we need to close this chapter and get the learning

Guest presentation, Sebastien with Orange

   Matthias: we can collaborate with Orange in the preparation for
   TPAC in Lyon

   Sebastien: presents Thing'in platform and related research and
   ecosystem building
   ... note the email invitation to join (on the title slide)
   ... building an index of avatars for objects in the physical
   world, not just connected things
   ... constructing a knowledge graph that describes the relations
   between objects
   ... buildings, rooms, and objects
   ... concept of access modalities to describe the technical path
   for an application to interact directly with an object based on
   these relations
   ... there may also be business cases implemented, e.g. payments
   ... attracting actors into the ecosystem like developers using
   application enablers
   ... the database focuses on descriptions of objects
   ... rather than the data to and from objects
   ... "object of interest" for the application can be determined
   ... the information will be shared outside Orange, to other
   service providers
   ... bridging to break the IoT silos
   ... use case examples around security and management of
   potentially dangerous situations
   ... drive the emergence of new services and businesses
   ... done with presentation

   Matthias: thing'in looks like a product quality Thing Directory
   in many ways

   Sebastien: yes we see the similarities
   ... Orange are looking at the potential of using Thing
   Description
   ... don't want to re-invent now ontologies or data models if
   they already exist

   Matthias: bring to plugfest in collaboration, for example
   different participants bring different components
   ... could Orange participate?
   ... could join the calls to plan the details of participation
   ... we are also discussing rechartering to include normative
   specifications for Thing Directory
   ... this could be a good fit to help build a web standard

   Sebastien: we were not aware; would like to take a look

   Matthias: the activity could start up after TPAC

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to ask about possible impacts/effects
   by GDPR (later)

   Kaz: 2 questions
   ... are the slides available for distribution?

   Sebastien: will need to check

   Kaz: could there be some impact from GDPR on device data?

   Sebastien: they are planning to avoid using personal data but
   are studying the question in more depth
   ... the GDPR is a complex document and we need to look at the
   specific definitions and text

   Kaz: fyi, Michael McCool is coordinating our security and
   privacy work, and collaboration with you would be interesting
   and useful

   [agenda update; security vocabulary, f2f planning breakouts and
   topics]

Security vocabulary

   McCool: sharing the new document, information model section
   ... vocabulary for various schemes
   ... each scheme has a number of definitions and parameters
   ... example basic definition
   ... can be included in TD at the thing level or over-ride at
   the interaction level
   ... in the forms

   <kaz> [11]diff on the security metadata

     [11] https://services.w3.org/htmldiff?doc1=https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/&doc2=https://rawgit.com/mmccool/wot-thing-description/security-metadata/index.html

   McCool: the scheme can be different in different forms

   <inserted> (the above URL to be moved right below the topic
   title)

   McCool: the schemes can be "or" combined by using multiple
   forms
   ... alternate schemes for an interaction can be indicated by
   using more than one form, each with a different alternate
   scheme
   ... class/subclass model structure
   ... UML diagram

   <McCool>
   [12]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/144

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/144

   Matthias: did we switch from labeled configurations?

   McCool: just got rid of the definitions section
   ... also added the concept of overriding a security
   configuration in each form
   ... but this may result in more duplication

   Matthias: we can test it in the plugfest

   McCool: can we derive a certificate from an identity in Thing
   Descriptions using Thing Directory DNS?

   Matthias: what about the definitions e.g. bearer, oauth and why
   are they different?

   McCool: derived from OpenAPI, and can handle Kerberos for
   bearer tokens

   Matthias: OK, the tokens can be used without Oauth

   McCool: there is text explaining this now
   ... for the plugfest, each participant should choose from the 3
   schemes

   Matthias: do you use lower case identifiers for class names?
   the convention is CamelCase

   McCool: may need to do another round to harmonize the
   identifier conventions
   ... trying to be consistent with OpenAPI but there are some
   awkward cases like name collisions

   Koster: need to drop from the call

   <Sebastien> need to drop from the call

   <kaz> Koster: mentions iotschema.org work

   <kaz> Darko: will send information to Sebastien

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [13]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([14]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/06/08 09:35:40 $

     [13] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Friday, 8 June 2018 09:41:28 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:51 UTC