W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > June 2018

[wot-test] minutes - 30 May 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 17:52:45 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9XuwcZE4oX=i06itkAYaRyOdpw-EcFdLpX0+KpNvaK9Mg@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/05/30-wot-test-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                                WoT Test

30 May 2018

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Ege_Korkan, Michael_McCool, Dave_Raggett

   Regrets
          Kawaguchi

   Chair
          McCool, Ege

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]prev minutes
         2. [4]F-Interop demo
         3. [5]Doodle poll results
         4. [6]plugfest/f2f planning
         5. [7]Assertion extraction tool
         6. [8]Tools
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     * [10]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

prev minutes

   [11]prev minutes

     [11] https://www.w3.org/2018/05/23-wot-test-minutes.html

   McCool: one thing
   ... one action here
   ... demonstration of F-Interop
   ... a week after
   ... let's create an action for that
   ... the other action was Kaz to Doodle
   ... other than those 2 actions, would accept the minutes

   (no objections)

   McCool: and would like to record actions here (=on the Test
   wiki)

F-Interop demo

   Ege: talked to Federico
   ... he can do a demo
   ... but Soumya is also working on F-Interop
   ... who to ask?

   McCool: would understand what they're working on
   ... if it takes longer (e.g., 2 weeks), maybe we could have
   some concrete proposal from the F-Interop side first
   ... Matthias mentioned we didn't want strong dependency

   Dave: spoke with Federico too
   ... maybe we could provide a demo with CoAP
   ... interoperable testing
   ... in terms of license
   ... basically open source and open license

   McCool: we would like some concrete document as well
   ... I like the technical focus myself
   ... would see the W3C license requirements as well

   Dave: we have tests
   ... some kind of machine interpretive part

   McCool: there are a bunch of nervous things...
   ... vocabulary must satisfy this semantic tag, etc.
   ... JSON Schema, vocabulary definition, WebIDL, etc.
   ... would cover most of the spec
   ... WebIDL doesn't cover the behavior
   ... gives you syntax keywords/grammar, though
   ... 2 weeks from now
   ... you and Federico can come back

   Kaz: as Michael mentioned, you could provide some more
   information about your goal, purpose, etc.
   ... we should remember that testing consists several
   levels/categories
   ... and testing for spec generation should be our priority

   McCool: you can provide updated presentation

   Dave: can work with Federico and Ege

Doodle poll results

   [12]doodle poll

     [12] https://doodle.com/poll/frv99b2ynvmkmb48

   Kaz: siemens guys have conflict on Tuesday?

   McCool: Friday 9pm/10pm might be another candidate
   ... or Monday 11pm
   ... let's go with that (as the 1st candidate)

   Kaz: let's mention that during the main call after this call

   McCool: ok
   ... (tentatively edits the Testing wiki with this proposal)
   ... need to allocate a new series of WebEx as well

   Kaz: ok

plugfest/f2f planning

   McCool: we'll have a plugfest call in 2 hours
   ... anything to do testing during plugfest?
   ... TD validation ready, etc.

   Ege: planning to do that
   ... trying to make it
   ... want to have test bench

   McCool: we should do that written up
   ... created a document on security goals for plugfest
   ... would have similar document for testing goals for plugfest
   ... we should run security check with all the implementation,
   for example
   ... let's discuss this during the PF meeting
   ... regarding f2f...

   [13]f2f wiki

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_30_June-5_July_2018,_Bundang,_Korea

   McCool: created a few things on the wiki

   [14]proposed sessions

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_30_June-5_July_2018,_Bundang,_Korea#Plenary_and_Breakouts

   Ege: won't be able to physically join it
   ... will join using webex

   McCool: that's fine
   ... just realized
   ... TD deliverable
   ... Scripting API
   ... require test suite
   ... TD validation is possible by online checker
   ... those the priority
   ... other things
   ... specification validation
   ... second priority
   ... TD validation
   ... next test suite for scripting api
   ... then online testing/demonstration systems
   ... and continuous integration
   ... (adds approximate times for each topic)
   ... TD validation tools includes validating TD and Things based
   on that TD
   ... online testing/demonstration systems including continuous
   integration
   ... (shows PR on GH)

Assertion extraction tool

   <McCool>
   [15]https://rawgit.com/mmccool/wot-thing-description/assertions
   /testing/assertions.html

     [15] https://rawgit.com/mmccool/wot-thing-description/assertions/testing/assertions.html

   <McCool>
   [16]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/138

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/138

   doc and pr above

   McCool: joined the TD call last Friday
   ... some parallel work
   ... there was a conflict within the PR
   ... caused by the parallel edit...
   ... expecting that Sebastian will fix the conflict
   ... will join the TD call on Friday again
   ... try to resolve the conflict (or use the updated version for
   the check)
   ... nice to have a tool to track the HTML structure...

Tools

   McCool: Oracle not available today
   ... what about playground, Ege?

   Ege: it's online

   McCool: can you make a slide?

   Ege: there is a plugfest service link...

   <ege> [17]http://plugfest.thingweb.io/

     [17] http://plugfest.thingweb.io/

   Ege: has to be updated for the next plugfest

   <ege> [18]http://plugfest.thingweb.io/playground/

     [18] http://plugfest.thingweb.io/playground/

   playground tool above

   McCool: ok
   ... is there any documentation?

   Ege: can provide some more basic APIs as well

   McCool: is there some service as well?
   ... would be handy for plugfest/testing integration
   ... (shows the source code of the JavaScript)

   Ege: actual validation is done by the JS
   ... 2 possible things
   ... online api and npm module

   McCool: right
   ... you can use browser to use it
   ... this is all packaged
   ... generally test suite need this capability
   ... can certainly help you restructure this code

   Ege: need to check with Siemens guys

   McCool: this chunk of code
   ... pure JS
   ... very handy to package this up

   Kaz: that's true

   McCool: one code base for browser purposes and node purposes
   ... talk about Oracles work next time

   Ege: next call will be next Monday, June 4?

   McCool: right

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [ONGOING] ACTION: Dave/Ege/Federico to work on demonstration of
   F-Interop
   [DONE] ACTION: Kaz to create a Doodle poll to decide a new slot
   for the Testing call

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [19]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([20]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/06/05 08:51:00 $

     [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 5 June 2018 08:54:17 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:51 UTC