W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > January 2018

Re: [wot-ig/wg] minutes - 31 January 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 04:03:57 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9V42q56qSdj7AEXMBBTD239k0Z5iCSPzWJ9YiHmH+-AtA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
> [NEW] ACTION: kaz to generate a note on the participation (this
> is a W3C Member meeting...)

Based on the above action item from today's main call, I've added
some note on f2f participation to the following sites:
* f2f wiki: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_24-29_March_2018,_Prague,_Czech_Republic#Registration
* registration site: https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201803/
(after specifying the email address)

Thanks,

Kazuyuki



On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 3:52 AM, Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org> wrote:
> available at:
>   https://www.w3.org/2018/01/31-wot-minutes.html
>
> also as text below.
>
> Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Daniel!
>
> Kazuyuki
>
> ---
>
>    [1]W3C
>
>       [1] http://www.w3.org/
>
>                                - DRAFT -
>
>                                WoT IG/WG
>
> 31 Jan 2018
>
>    [2]Agenda
>
>       [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda
>
> Attendees
>
>    Present
>           Kaz_Ashimura, Graeme_Coleman, Michael_McCool,
>           GraemeColeman, Zoltan_Kis, Matthias_Kovatsch,
>           Kunihiko_Toumura, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Michael_Lagally,
>           Daniel_Peintner, Barry_Leiba, Michael_Koster,
>           Tomoaki_Mizushima, Toru_Kawaguchi, Ryuichi_Matsukura
>
>    Regrets
>
>    Chair
>           Matthias, McCool
>
>    Scribe
>           dape
>
> Contents
>
>      * [3]Topics
>          1. [4]Agenda
>          2. [5]Next F2F
>          3. [6]TF Reports
>      * [7]Summary of Action Items
>      * [8]Summary of Resolutions
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>    <mkovatsc>
>    [9]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda
>
>       [9] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda
>
>    <kaz> scribenick: dape
>
> Agenda
>
>    Matthias: Not anything specific for todays agenda
>    ... any quick updates ?
>
>    <none>
>
> Next F2F
>
>    Matthias: still looking for venue
>    ... host is also problematic. no local member there
>    ... Kaz setup registration
>
>    <kaz> [10]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201803/results
>    registration results so far
>
>      [10] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201803/results
>
>    <kaz> [11]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201803/?login
>    registration site for Members
>
>      [11] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201803/?login
>
>    <mkovatsc> [12]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201803/
>    registration site for invited guests
>
>      [12] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201803/
>
>    Kaz: 12 results so far
>    ... last link for guests
>
>    Matthias: for getting estimate on cost please fill out
>    registration
>    ... will update wiki for F2F meeting
>
>    <mkovatsc>
>    [13]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_24-29_March_201
>    8,_Prague,_Czech_Republic
>
>      [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_24-29_March_2018,_Prague,_Czech_Republic
>
>    Matthias: wiki is updated with link to registration
>
>    Kaz: I can add note saying "this is W3C member meeting" ..
>    please contact XZY if you want to attend
>
>    <kaz> ACTION: kaz to generate a note on the participation (this
>    is a W3C Member meeting...)
>
>    <trackbot> Created ACTION-127 - Generate a note on the
>    participation (this is a w3c member meeting...) [on Kazuyuki
>    Ashimura - due 2018-02-07].
>
>    Matthias: Recently I talked to someone who is interested
>    ... any questions/reminder w.r.t. F2F meeting
>
>    McCool: Created security template for PlugFest.. will explain
>    more details in PlugFest call
>
>    Matthias: We also have input section on wiki.. please add
>    additional information
>
>    kawaguch: question about schedule
>    ... agenda says Thursday is administration day, whole day?
>
>    Matthias: Usually we finish 4/5pm
>    ... breakouts in the morning
>
> TF Reports
>
>    [TD]
>
>    Sebastian: in TD call latest document was discussed
>    ... still in development. Major parts are ready for PlugFest
>    ... we also got new information about JSON-LD 1.1
>    ... about to get charter / working group
>    ... need to check how relevant this will be for TD
>    serialization
>    ... might offer features we are interested in
>    ... also decision to make separate Web meeting with authors of
>    Mozilla/Evrthing proposal
>    ... try to clarify open issues in this call
>
>    <sebastian> [14]https://doodle.com/poll/74kactqy8z9zared
>
>      [14] https://doodle.com/poll/74kactqy8z9zared
>
>    Sebastian: doodle poll shows that next week Monday will be this
>    call
>    ... will wait some more hours before picking the time
>    ... no time in TD call for Kosters vocabulary (planned for next
>    call)
>
>    [Scripting]
>
>    Zoltan: Scripting API TF has deadline next Wednesday
>    ... used editors call also
>    ... as a rule we will freeze API 6 weeks before PlugFest
>    ... we discussed major issue today
>    ... will finish PR this week. Discuss these updates next Monday
>    ... will make decision on Monday what the API will be
>    ... after that implementation can catch up
>    ... other agreement that frozen API will be in master branch
>    ... will have development branch also (playground)
>    ... there are a few things we need to know from TD
>    ... security data in TD, not yet clear
>    ... won't support this for now
>    ... TD has base URI version. Where does it come from?
>
>    Matthias: Not a TD issue... more related to basic architecture
>    ... not configured in script... only runtime knows
>    ... href should be treated opaque
>    ... security concept just known my implementation also
>    ... script should not have security details
>
>    Zoltan: agree
>
>    Sebastian: w.r.t. "base URI"
>    ... major idea was to have optimization of resource addressing
>
>    Zoltan: multiple endpoints... will select one endpoints
>
>    Matthias: can just use base uri with one endpoint
>
>    Zoltan: same TD with multiple protocols ?
>
>    Matthias: Yes... base uri can just optimized with one protocol
>    ... optimizations of TDs is one future topic
>
>    Zoltan: TD including list of endpoints ?
>
>    Matthias: in the beginning we had this.. did not find a good
>    way to solve this
>
>    Zoltan: OCF has support
>
>    Matthias: We did not want to prescribe how list/URI paths look
>    like
>
>    Sebastian: need to describe what happens of various
>    combinations of with/no base URI etc
>
>    Matthias: I think local href without base uri is error
>
>    McCool: 3 things come from outside concept
>    ... 1. security metadata
>    ... 2. base URI
>    ... 3. protocol bindings
>    ... wonder whether we should have external API that is also
>    standardized
>
>    Matthias: think it is out of scope according to charter
>
>    McCool: need to add documentation (e.g in node-wot)
>
>    Zoltan: Need to have full stack implementation.. to figure out
>    what is worth standardizing
>
>    McCool: make sense
>
>    [Binding]
>
>    Koster: Binding Templates TF
>    ... 6 weeks before PlugFest document should be ready
>    ... still discussion happening
>
>    Matthias: Propose to have target date 14th
>    ... similar to TD task force
>
>    Lagally: will have a stable reference for the PlugFest..
>    ... who will combine TD and binding
>
>    Matthias: binding works on proposal
>    ... and goes to TD afterwards to integrate these changes
>
>    Lagally: review in TD group also?
>
>    Matthias: Yes... make sure that it is consistent
>
>    Lagally: When does merge happen?
>
>    Matthias: After Prague
>
>    Koster: w.r.t. integration.. there is TD ontology also
>
>    Lagally: Where can I find it?
>
>    Koster: believe in TD document
>
>    Sebastian: github repo of TD, folder ontology
>    ... ontology in turtle
>
>    <inserted> [15]TD Ontology
>
>      [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/blob/master/ontology/td.ttl
>
>    Sebastian: rendered version is in deliverable
>    ... section 5
>
>    <inserted> [16]Section 5 of the TD draft (TD4Prague branch)
>
>      [16] https://rawgit.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/TD4Prague/index.html#vocabularyDefinitionSection
>
>    [Security]
>
>    McCool: Security TF
>    ... discussed life cycle
>    ... adapted from IETF
>
>    <McCool>
>    [17]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague
>    /docs/Web%20of%20Things%20Security%20and%20Privacy%20Template.p
>    ptx
>
>      [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague/docs/Web
> of Things Security and Privacy Template.pptx
>
>    McCool: created template for PlugFest
>    ... discuss this in PlugFest call that follows
>
>    <kaz> [adjourned]
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
>    [NEW] ACTION: kaz to generate a note on the participation (this
>    is a W3C Member meeting...)
>
> Summary of Resolutions
>
>    [End of minutes]
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>
>     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [18]scribe.perl version
>     1.152 ([19]CVS log)
>     $Date: 2018/01/31 18:49:40 $
>
>      [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
>      [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/



-- 
Kaz Ashimura, W3C Staff Contact for WoT and M&E, W3C Project Team
Tel: +81 3 3516 2504
Received on Wednesday, 31 January 2018 19:06:00 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:49 UTC