W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > January 2018

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 31 January 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 03:52:39 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9VU9zRYR0YQbVGWhko-6oesbexokvpeimke3wxG3Umg-A@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/01/31-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Daniel!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG

31 Jan 2018

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Graeme_Coleman, Michael_McCool,
          GraemeColeman, Zoltan_Kis, Matthias_Kovatsch,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Michael_Lagally,
          Daniel_Peintner, Barry_Leiba, Michael_Koster,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Toru_Kawaguchi, Ryuichi_Matsukura

   Regrets

   Chair
          Matthias, McCool

   Scribe
          dape

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Agenda
         2. [5]Next F2F
         3. [6]TF Reports
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     * [8]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <mkovatsc>
   [9]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

      [9] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

   <kaz> scribenick: dape

Agenda

   Matthias: Not anything specific for todays agenda
   ... any quick updates ?

   <none>

Next F2F

   Matthias: still looking for venue
   ... host is also problematic. no local member there
   ... Kaz setup registration

   <kaz> [10]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201803/results
   registration results so far

     [10] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201803/results

   <kaz> [11]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201803/?login
   registration site for Members

     [11] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201803/?login

   <mkovatsc> [12]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201803/
   registration site for invited guests

     [12] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201803/

   Kaz: 12 results so far
   ... last link for guests

   Matthias: for getting estimate on cost please fill out
   registration
   ... will update wiki for F2F meeting

   <mkovatsc>
   [13]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_24-29_March_201
   8,_Prague,_Czech_Republic

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_24-29_March_2018,_Prague,_Czech_Republic

   Matthias: wiki is updated with link to registration

   Kaz: I can add note saying "this is W3C member meeting" ..
   please contact XZY if you want to attend

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to generate a note on the participation (this
   is a W3C Member meeting...)

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-127 - Generate a note on the
   participation (this is a w3c member meeting...) [on Kazuyuki
   Ashimura - due 2018-02-07].

   Matthias: Recently I talked to someone who is interested
   ... any questions/reminder w.r.t. F2F meeting

   McCool: Created security template for PlugFest.. will explain
   more details in PlugFest call

   Matthias: We also have input section on wiki.. please add
   additional information

   kawaguch: question about schedule
   ... agenda says Thursday is administration day, whole day?

   Matthias: Usually we finish 4/5pm
   ... breakouts in the morning

TF Reports

   [TD]

   Sebastian: in TD call latest document was discussed
   ... still in development. Major parts are ready for PlugFest
   ... we also got new information about JSON-LD 1.1
   ... about to get charter / working group
   ... need to check how relevant this will be for TD
   serialization
   ... might offer features we are interested in
   ... also decision to make separate Web meeting with authors of
   Mozilla/Evrthing proposal
   ... try to clarify open issues in this call

   <sebastian> [14]https://doodle.com/poll/74kactqy8z9zared

     [14] https://doodle.com/poll/74kactqy8z9zared

   Sebastian: doodle poll shows that next week Monday will be this
   call
   ... will wait some more hours before picking the time
   ... no time in TD call for Kosters vocabulary (planned for next
   call)

   [Scripting]

   Zoltan: Scripting API TF has deadline next Wednesday
   ... used editors call also
   ... as a rule we will freeze API 6 weeks before PlugFest
   ... we discussed major issue today
   ... will finish PR this week. Discuss these updates next Monday
   ... will make decision on Monday what the API will be
   ... after that implementation can catch up
   ... other agreement that frozen API will be in master branch
   ... will have development branch also (playground)
   ... there are a few things we need to know from TD
   ... security data in TD, not yet clear
   ... won't support this for now
   ... TD has base URI version. Where does it come from?

   Matthias: Not a TD issue... more related to basic architecture
   ... not configured in script... only runtime knows
   ... href should be treated opaque
   ... security concept just known my implementation also
   ... script should not have security details

   Zoltan: agree

   Sebastian: w.r.t. "base URI"
   ... major idea was to have optimization of resource addressing

   Zoltan: multiple endpoints... will select one endpoints

   Matthias: can just use base uri with one endpoint

   Zoltan: same TD with multiple protocols ?

   Matthias: Yes... base uri can just optimized with one protocol
   ... optimizations of TDs is one future topic

   Zoltan: TD including list of endpoints ?

   Matthias: in the beginning we had this.. did not find a good
   way to solve this

   Zoltan: OCF has support

   Matthias: We did not want to prescribe how list/URI paths look
   like

   Sebastian: need to describe what happens of various
   combinations of with/no base URI etc

   Matthias: I think local href without base uri is error

   McCool: 3 things come from outside concept
   ... 1. security metadata
   ... 2. base URI
   ... 3. protocol bindings
   ... wonder whether we should have external API that is also
   standardized

   Matthias: think it is out of scope according to charter

   McCool: need to add documentation (e.g in node-wot)

   Zoltan: Need to have full stack implementation.. to figure out
   what is worth standardizing

   McCool: make sense

   [Binding]

   Koster: Binding Templates TF
   ... 6 weeks before PlugFest document should be ready
   ... still discussion happening

   Matthias: Propose to have target date 14th
   ... similar to TD task force

   Lagally: will have a stable reference for the PlugFest..
   ... who will combine TD and binding

   Matthias: binding works on proposal
   ... and goes to TD afterwards to integrate these changes

   Lagally: review in TD group also?

   Matthias: Yes... make sure that it is consistent

   Lagally: When does merge happen?

   Matthias: After Prague

   Koster: w.r.t. integration.. there is TD ontology also

   Lagally: Where can I find it?

   Koster: believe in TD document

   Sebastian: github repo of TD, folder ontology
   ... ontology in turtle

   <inserted> [15]TD Ontology

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/blob/master/ontology/td.ttl

   Sebastian: rendered version is in deliverable
   ... section 5

   <inserted> [16]Section 5 of the TD draft (TD4Prague branch)

     [16] https://rawgit.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/TD4Prague/index.html#vocabularyDefinitionSection

   [Security]

   McCool: Security TF
   ... discussed life cycle
   ... adapted from IETF

   <McCool>
   [17]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague
   /docs/Web%20of%20Things%20Security%20and%20Privacy%20Template.p
   ptx

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2018-prague/docs/Web
of Things Security and Privacy Template.pptx

   McCool: created template for PlugFest
   ... discuss this in PlugFest call that follows

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to generate a note on the participation (this
   is a W3C Member meeting...)

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [18]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([19]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/01/31 18:49:40 $

     [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 31 January 2018 18:57:11 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:49 UTC