W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > August 2018

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 22 August 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 00:39:01 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9WoMPDEd6Cc+dBo02tXhkG80H7H9Hgg4MWith3XxRSkOA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/08/22-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Michael Lagally!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG
                              22 Aug 2018

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Graeme_Coleman,
          Michael_Koster, Michael_Lagally, Taki_Kamiya,
          Daniel_Peintner, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Barry_Leiba, DarkoAnicic, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Toru_Kawaguchi

   Regrets
          Matthias

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          mlagally

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Quick updates
         2. [5]TPAC preparation
         3. [6]Online PlugFest
         4. [7]TF reports
               o [8]TD
               o [9]Binding templates
               o [10]Scripting API
               o [11]Security
         5. [12]Agenda for the next main call
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     * [14]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribenick: mlagally

Quick updates

   McCool: new member from Baidu, already participated in security
   call
   ... submission for workshop on Permissions and User Consent
   ... call with ETSI next week
   ... old PR in WoT repo Tech landscape (1 year old) - can we
   merge?

   Sebastian: please show PR content

   <kaz> [15]WoT PR 326

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/326

   McCool: <walks through tech landscape changes>

   <kaz> [16]changes with w3c/wot/tech-landscape/landscape.html

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/326/files

   McCool: no objections for the merge

   Lagally: which ETSI group next week?

   <kaz> ETSI ISG CIM

   Lagally: what are they doing?

   Kaz: some kind of APIs

   McCool: device updates etc.

   Kaz: attended the Düsseldorf meeting - want to establish closer
   collaboration / liaison

   McCool: we should get an abstract from them

   <kaz> (will remind them of that)

TPAC preparation

   McCool: dev meetup - contact people seem to be on vacation -
   probably until end of August

   <kaz> McCool: expect they'll be back next week

   Kaz: I just created a draft template for TPAC preparation

   <kaz> [17]f2f wiki draft

     [17] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_20-26_October_2018,_Lyon,_France

   McCool: recommend to book early - location is not determined,
   perhaps university or conference center
   ... TPAC is close to university, around 20 mins
   ... dates on the Wiki are accurate - TPAC schedule is also
   accurate
   ... please also register for TPAC

   Kaz: I will create a plugfest registration page soon

   Sebastian: plugfest venue - no response yet?

   McCool: university probably almost shut down for August, we'll
   have to wait until September

   <kaz> kaz: will try to contact them next week

   <McCool> [18]TPAC site

     [18] https://www.w3.org/2018/10/TPAC/

   Lagally: what is dev meetup?

   <kaz> [19]W3C Developer Meetup in Lyon

     [19] https://www.w3.org/2018/10/Meetup/

   Lagally: can we show demos?

   McCool: yes, we plan for a WoT demo, poster etc. There are a
   few hours.

   Kaz: McCool already responded to W3C contact person, he is
   probably on vacatino too

Online PlugFest

   McCool: we will discuss online-plugfest details in the next
   meeting. There's a template and a readme

   <kaz> [20]Online PlugFest preparation document

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/plugfest/2018-sept-online

   McCool: time table was created to accommodate different geos
   ... please consider participating in the last sync call of the
   day
   ... we should know if people won't be able to participate.

   <kaz> kaz: participants in the online plugfest should put their
   names to the table so that we can tell who will be available

   <kaz> ml: (asks about the PR 519 on converter fixes, revised
   Festo-Simulator TD)

   <kaz> ... the industrial integration scenario presented in
   Bundang

   <kaz> [21]changed files

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/519/files

   Lagally: I added 2 scenarios to the online-plugfest readme

TF reports

* TD

   Sebastian: TD is ready, final review was done last week
   ... we should have a section on eventing/HTTP long polling to
   the introduction section
   ... we added subprotocol section late - spec should be
   consistent now

   McCool: JSON schema still needs to be update for subprotocol
   ... I had a OPR for updates to the CoAP security schemas - some
   sections were not rendered by mistake. This is fixed now

   Sebastian: kaz, publication process already started?

   Kaz: not yet
   ... McCool, did you do the security fixes that came up in the
   security call?

   <kaz> [22]PR 203

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/203

   McCool: yes, I fixed the shapes to get the sections included
   ... changes are not critical, could be deferred but would be
   better to include

   <inserted> kaz: so the only remaining problem is the one with
   JSON-Schema

   McCool: right. sitll need to create a PR for JSON-Schema

   Sebastian: I'll review the other PR after the call
   ... will be on vacation beginning this Friday, Taki will
   moderate the next TD call

* Binding templates

   Koster: no meetings for a couple of times due to vacation.
   document reflects Bundang status, is ready for review
   ... working on several additions for SSE, event source, URI
   templates etc. Want to get this done soon
   ... for online-plugfest there will be new vocabulary, need to
   prioritize new features

   McCool: set review deadline, if if no feedback just merge

   Kaz: if document is fixed and ready, publication will take one
   more week

   Koster: around the 4th?

   McCool: you can branch for the Bundang version

   Kaz: mk, do you want to merge the latest or can live with a
   previous version?

   Koster: we need the new version due to new TD format

   Kaz: let's confirm all the documents are ready for publication
   on Aug 29th

   <kaz> kaz: and publish all the documents after that

   McCool: if no concerns, we can publish after that
   ... did we use subprotocols in Bundang?

   Koster: there's only one value for long poll - It is in the PR

   McCool: there will be more values

   Koster: will add for the next version
   ... we prioritize which ones we need for Sept and which for
   TPAC - I have 5 new patterns (e,g, multiplexed events, ...)

   McCool: we can discuss in Plugfest call what we need for which
   plug fest

   Koster: perhaps decouple protocol binding from TD and have an
   extension point with a separate namespace

* Scripting API

   Daniel: document is complete, last PRs were merged. We will
   publish 2 weeks after TD publication
   ... we found an issue wrt to data schema already, some mismatch
   between required / optional of data schema
   ... please review the current draft
   ... in addition to the regular calls, we will also have a call
   during the Editors call time slot

   <dape> for review: [23]https://w3c.github.io/wot-scripting-api/

     [23] https://w3c.github.io/wot-scripting-api/

   Kaz: do you want to publish two weeks after TD?

   Daniel: yes, 2 weeks later to align with late TD changes

   Kaz: it would be easier for the readers to handle if all the
   related documents could be published together

   Daniel: in Bundang we planned for 2 weeks later than TD
   publication, but will discuss with Zoltan

* Security

   McCool: I added 2 new security methods for CoAP
   ... I'm currently doing a cleanup pass, will discuss on Monday
   ... schedule will be discussed on Monday, plan for a 1 week
   review Still some sections need some work
   ... section is informative, not normative
   ... Testing: some exclusions - will discuss in next call

Agenda for the next main call

   Kaz: Please add topics for TPAC agenda to the Wiki for the next
   call

   meeting is adjourned

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [24]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([25]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/08/22 15:37:48 $

     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 22 August 2018 15:40:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 22 August 2018 15:40:07 UTC