W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > August 2018

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 8 August 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 00:55:35 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9W3eFQTP6ra74u8iDWKcK8hQ1cLOKCO2btANrMQJx7thQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-wot-wg@w3.org, Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/08/08-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Daniel!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG

08 Aug 2018

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Daniel_Peintner, Graeme_Coleman,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_McCool,
          Takeshi_Sano, Tetsushi_Matsuda, Toru_Kawaguchi,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Zoltan_Kis, Ryuichi_Matsukura

   Regrets
          Koster, Sebastian

   Chair
          Matthias, McCool

   Scribe
          dape

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Quick Updates
         2. [4]Online PlugFest
         3. [5]Task Force Reports
               o [6]TD
               o [7]Binding
               o [8]Scripting
               o [9]Security
         4. [10]TPAC schedule
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: dape

Quick Updates

   <kaz> [13]Permissions workshop cfp page

     [13] https://www.w3.org/Privacy/permissions-ws-2018/cfp.html

   Matthias: 1. item
   ... announced workshop on Permissions and User Consent
   ... agenda has link
   ... Kajiwara-san from ACCESS is planning to attend the
   workshop, so McCool and the Security TF are working with him to
   put some WoT portion into his position paper
   ... 2. item
   ... progressing with ETSI liaison
   ... ETSI people will join call in 3 weeks

Online PlugFest

   <mkovatsc> Online PlugFest Doodle
   [14]https://doodle.com/poll/a33qfw5te9myer23

     [14] https://doodle.com/poll/a33qfw5te9myer23

   Matthias: almost everyone is available in end of september
   ... think we'll pick the date
   ... 25-27th of September
   ... need to check with timezones
   ... logistics will be discussed in testing call (after this
   call)

   McCool: plan to use PlugFest wiki for planning

   Matthias: correct, will create usual preparation files in new
   GitHub folder as well

Task Force Reports

* TD

   Matthias: Thing Description publication is planned soon
   ... unfortunately neither Sebastian nor Taki can join
   ... McCool and others addressed issues
   ... Koster misses still "rel" vocabulary
   ... Toru-san found some bugs in JSON schema
   ... one more issue in figure about cardinality (minor)
   ... PLEASE comment as soon as possible
   ... freeze will be end of this week

   McCool: examples were updated
   ... Example 1. and 2. are https...
   ... later examples are CoAP based

   Matthias: class name for "none" security is NoSecurity (English
   ;-))
   ... nosec is typical term in coaps

   <kaz> [15]TD draft (1. Introduction) for Example 1 and 2

     [15] https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/#introduction

   McCool: i will consider it
   ... CoAP has two security schemes.. handled in next release

   <kaz> [16]TD draft (5.4.2 NoSecurityScheme)

     [16] https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/#nosecurityscheme

   McCool: will change/merge "nosec" change.. and let Sebastian
   know

   Matthias: CoAP has actually 3 ways: raw public key, psk,
   certificate
   ... with nosec we have 4 options

   <McCool> [17]https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/109

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/109

   <kaz> issue 109 on Add Scheme for RawPublicKey mode in CoAP

   Matthias: propose looking at TD issues

   <mkovatsc>
   [18]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/184

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/184

   Matthias: issue 184 left over from DPs review
   ... cardinality question
   ... my argument would be... that there is always
   writable/observable..
   ... propose to set it to 1

   <kaz> [19]TD draft (5. Overview) for Figure 1

     [19] https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/#overview

   Daniel: agree

   McCool: similar argument for others
   ... security optional.. but in general it needs to be there

   Matthias: in Form "security" might have 1.N ... because it will
   be there in one way or the other
   ... maybe we should state in prose that those values have
   default values

   McCool: propose to leave security as is.. because it may appear
   on several levels
   ... will create PR for nosec ...

   Matthias: be aware that there is one more PR on the way .. by
   Victor... about SimpleDataSchema

   McCool: will do my change soon

   Matthias: OK, will tell Victor to wait
   ... btw, I guess there is no conflict.. other file
   ... remaining issue from Toru-san... JSON schema validation

   <kaz> [20]issue 187 on Review comments for the TD draft
   document from Panasonic

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/187

   Matthias: "properties" is not as restricted as it should be..

   <kaz> [21]JSON Schema for TD Instance Validation

     [21] https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/#json-schema-4-validation

   Matthias: both McLagally and Ege are on vacation
   ... should we delay publication

   McCool: propose to fix later..

   <kaz> Kaz: right. given it's just a WD, we can add an Editor's
   Note about the problem and simply move ahead

   Matthias: propose to point to external file...

   Daniel: fear out of sync problems with external file

   Matthias: have proposed fix..
   ... but do not have time to check against all test files

   Daniel: propose staying with "old" version for now...

   Matthias: OK
   ... we will add Editor's Note that the current schema is a bit
   too permissive
   ... Are there any other reviews planned?
   ... I plan review the next days

   Kaz: McCool do you plan to review TD from English native
   speaker view point?

   McCool: can do that.. once we are ready
   ... will change lots of tiny things

   <kaz> [22]issue 181 on Usage of "scopes"

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/181

   Matthias: Issue 181 about scope solved?

   McCool: more about explanation.. leave it open

   <kaz> [23]issue 178 on PSK

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/178

   Matthias: PSK is solved?

   McCool: correct

   Matthias: Close #178 then..

   Matthias: w.r.t . "rel" I will contact Koster

* Binding

   Matthias: Other task forces work on release also
   ... Koster pushed update to binding template

* Scripting

   Zoltan: We have started review
   ... fixed most of DPs issues
   ... spec should look rather good
   ... but misses detailed error description
   ... and misses algorithm
   ... should manage publication 2 week after TD publication

   Matthias: latest version still in PR?

   Zoltan: Correct...

   Matthias: propose merging to master

   Zoltan: will merge

   Daniel: Sounds good

   <kaz> [24]PR 128 has just been merged

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/pull/128

   Zoltan: merged: people can take a look at it

   <mkovatsc> Editors' Draft to review
   [25]https://w3c.github.io/wot-scripting-api/

     [25] https://w3c.github.io/wot-scripting-api/

* Security

   Matthias: Security?

   McCool: guidelines documents has pending PR
   ... will clean-up and merge
   ... most of the holes should be OK now
   ... security testing is described in test plan document
   ... test plan will be discussed next hour

   <mkovatsc> Test Plan
   [26]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/testing/plan.md

     [26] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/testing/plan.md

TPAC schedule

   <kaz> [27]TPAC Schedule page

     [27] https://www.w3.org/2018/10/TPAC/schedule.html

   Zoltan: next F2F at TPAC.. PlugFest the weekend before?

   Matthias: Should put wiki page up
   ... Mon-Wed: other groups' meetings (Mon/Tue) and TPAC plenary
   (Wed)
   ... Thu-Fri: we have our sessions
   ... on Wednesday there will be WoT demonstration
   ... PlugFest will be Sat & Sun (=Oct. 20-21)
   ... maybe extended to Monday/Tuesday

   McCool: PlugFest will be at the university of Lyon...

   Toru: do we have demo on W3C developer meetup on Monday?

   Kaz: we are not required to join the event.. will check

   McCool: Mozilla is active and dev event
   ... makes sense for us to be there also
   ... I think we should have something at the dev meetup

   Kaz: need to check size of event... demo boost etc
   ... will check that
   ... dev meetup is not expected to be same size... it is at the
   university

   Toru: same place as Plugfest?

   Matthias: Yes

   Kaz: online registration for meetup will be open at beginning
   of September

   Matthias: see you in 2 minutes ;-)

   <kaz> [adjourned]

   McCool: testíng starts 10 past

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [28]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([29]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/08/09 15:51:46 $

     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 9 August 2018 15:56:51 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 9 August 2018 15:56:52 UTC