Scripting call on Jan 30

From: Hund, Johannes <johannes.hund@siemens.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 13:24:19 +0000
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, "public-wot-wg@w3.org" <public-wot-wg@w3.org>
Dear group,

in todays scripting call we had 4 major topics:

-        Scope of scripting / lifecycles

o   Nimura-San gave a presentation and will present it incl. the feedback on the F2F

o   Points during feedback discussion:

  lifecycle concerns (runtime, provisioning, etc.) and their reflection in the APIs

  abstraction level could rather be on plaform level rather than protocol

  possible need for handling different states, e.g., runtime, provisioning. also dynamic discovery from the app script while the app is running

  lifecycle of applications and their reflection in the API

  it is useful to provide apps with API for accessing thing description

  we need to consider provisioning of apps as part of the lifecycle and to discuss this with web browser vendors

  API for exposed thing is less important as most devices will use the IoT platform rather than being "native wot"

  Client API offers access to semantic metada through TD access

-        Open issues document

o   https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/scripting/open-issues.md

o   Used to collect questions / discussion points and proposals for the F2F

o   Additions very welcome, please be brief

-        F2F logistics

o   We will discuss along the questions from the document and cover conclusions into the document

o   Remote participients and people who can not join could send in proposals

o   Provisioning / life-cycle identified as a major topic

-        Use cases

o   We should clarify the use cases we lay as ground for our work

o   Use case doc: https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/scripting/use-cases<https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/scripting/use-cases)>

  For "atomic"/cross-cutting functionality

  Scripting-focused

o   Scenario cases

  To be discussed in plenary

  Possibly revive UCR document