W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > May 2021

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 7 April 2021

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2021 15:32:13 +0900
Message-ID: <87zgx93d3m.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2021/04/07-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               WoT-IG/WG

7 Apr 2021

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#7_April_2021

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Tetsushi_Matsuda, Tomoaki_Mizuhima,
          Ege_Korkan

   Regrets
          Sebastian

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Minutes
         2. [5]Repo branch change
         3. [6]Daylight Saving
         4. [7]Testfest/Plugfest
         5. [8]Smart Cities Workshop
         6. [9]WoT Marketing updates
         7. [10]Pending Publications
         8. [11]Liaison
         9. [12]TF reports
        10. [13]AOB?
     * [14]Summary of Action Items
     * [15]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <McCool> agenda:
   [16]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#7_April_202
   1

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#7_April_2021

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

   McCool: may be a short call today
   ... we won't make any resolutions today
   ... (goes through the proposed agenda for today)

Minutes

   McCool: we don't have quorum for reviewing minutes
   ... but note that the prev main call was March 10
   ... and we need to review the vF2F minutes too

Repo branch change

   McCool: now all the repos use "main" as the default branch

Daylight Saving

   McCool: started
   ... see
   [17]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2021JanMar/0076
   .html

     [17] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2021JanMar/0076.html

Testfest/Plugfest

   McCool: need to test the specs prior to CR transition

   Kaz: technically need the test results for the PR transition
   ... but good to see feasibility to identify the at-risk
   features for CR

   McCool: would aim some time June
   ... should have a doodle poll?

   Kaz: good idea

   McCool: btw, we need to move the AWS for VPN
   ... see Kaz's message on that

Smart Cities Workshop

   McCool: draft CfP available and the announcement to be made

   [18]draft CfP

     [18] https://www.w3.org/2021/06/smartcities-workshop/

   McCool: maybe better to hold it on Thursday, June 24 instead?
   ... also possibly a two-day workshop, 3 hours a day

   Kaz: let's finalize the plan on the PC list
   ... will work with the Comm Team for the announcement

WoT Marketing updates

   [19]#Policies_and_Publication_Procedures updated policy

     [19] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Marketing_WebConf#https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Marketing_WebConf

   McCool: have updated the policy above
   ... including the one for Twitter
   ... the other thing is about captions
   ... got volunteers for simplified Chinese, Italian and French
   ... it seems the Chinese one has been merged but need the
   groups' reviews before merging

   Kaz: ok
   ... will talk with Xiaoqian about that

   McCool: we still need German and Japanese ones
   ... btw, regarding the video sites, we should be careful about
   pirated contents

   Kaz: ok

Pending Publications

   McCool: please look at the documents

   WoT Use Cases and Requirements (IG Note)

   Release candidate

   see also Lagally's Call for Review message

   WoT Discovery (WG WD)

   Release candidate

   WoT Scripting API (IG Note)

   Release candidate

Liaison

   McCool: doodle is ongoing for the ITU-T SG 20 liaison

   [20]doodle

     [20] https://doodle.com/poll/ke2h49usqwmqescy

   McCool: talking with Christine about OGC and OpenAR
   ... ECHONET liaison also ongoing

TF reports

   [21]March-29 Discovery minutes

     [21] https://www.w3.org/2021/03/29-wot-discovery-minutes.html

   McCool: mainly discussed pagination
   ... and partly reviewed the vF2F minutes, Day1/2
   ... discovery proposals on pagination, headers nd chunking
   ... Farshid is working on an updated PR
   ... we had a resolution on "merge PR145 and add a new PR to add
   pagination based on the header-based proposal in PR130 with
   necessary features (e.g. nextLink, etag headers)"
   ... then issue on TDD
   ... consistency with SPARQL
   ... refactoring on the table
   ... another point is...
   ... PR on TD

   [22]wot-thing-description PR 1086 - Add section to define
   Canonical serialization

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/1086

   McCool: would ask review by TD guys, Daniel and Ege?

   Daniel: will try

   [23]Preview for "6.5 Canonicalization"

     [23] https://pr-preview.s3.amazonaws.com/mmccool/wot-thing-description/pull/1086.html#canonicalization-serialization-json

   McCool: (goes through the changes)
   ... lacking examples
   ... will generate some examples at some point
   ... moving definitions before usage
   ... metadata comes after the interaction needs discussion
   ... please give your feedback
   ... AOB?

   Ege: gave comments on canonicalization and URI

   [24]Ege's comment

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/1086#issuecomment-814876524

   McCool: should we do that or not is the question

   [25]Axioms of Web Architecture

     [25] https://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Axioms.html

   Kaz: maybe we can consult with TAG?

   McCool: yeah, let's try
   ... also let's have discussion during the TD call

AOB?

   McCool: AOB?

   (none)

   McCool: ok
   ... let's close the meeting then
   ... we'll start our regular meetings next Monday on April 12

   Ege: btw, there was a PR about blog post by Sebastian

   McCool: let's review it now then

   [26]wot-marketing PR 117 - add blog proposal for video

     [26] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/117

   McCool: not really finished about the links?

   Ege: not sure about the style for the W3C blog...
   ... the content has been reviewed by the Marketing TF, though

   McCool: would remove the sentence saying "that we have been
   working on for the last few months"
   ... and "You can see how" to be substituted by "The animation
   shows how"
   ... "the experience of the developers" to be substituted by
   "developer experience and skills"

   Kaz: +1

   McCool: that's my feedback

   Ege: you can post it now

   Kaz: given this is our first blog post directly on the W3C
   blog, we might want to quickly check with the Comm Team
   ... including our question on the concrete link format

   McCool: I'll go ahead and merge PR 117 itself

   [27]blobProposal.md which has just been merged

     [27] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/main/proposals/blogProposal.md

   McCool: (adds some editorial changes he mentioned on PR 117)
   ... will respond to Sebastian as well
   ... what should be the procedure for actual publication?

   Kaz: you can send an email to Coralie CCing the WoT Chairs list
   to make sure

   McCool: still wondering about URLs for the thumbnail images
   ... Daniel, can you tell the URLs?

   Daniel: they're already included in the WoT Welcome page :)

   McCool: ok

   [28]WoT video page

     [28] https://www.w3.org/WoT/videos/

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [29]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([30]CVS log)
    $Date: 2021/05/05 06:31:18 $

     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 5 May 2021 06:32:20 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Wednesday, 5 May 2021 06:32:20 UTC