[PlugFest/Testing] minutes - 19 May 2021

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 16:36:20 +0900
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2021/05/19-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] https://www.w3.org/

                             íV DRAFT íV
                              WoT Testfest

   [2]Agenda. [3]IRC log.

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf#Agenda_19.05.2021

      [3] https://www.w3.org/2021/05/19-wot-pf-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_McCool
          Ege_Korkan, Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets
          -

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

    1. [4]Minutes
    2. [5]Testfest planning

Meeting minutes

  Minutes

   [6]May-5

      [6] https://www.w3.org/2021/05/05-wot-pf-minutes.html

   McCool: any objections?

   (none; approved)

   [7]May-12

      [7] https://www.w3.org/2021/05/12-wot-pf-minutes.html

   McCool: update on Discovery
   íK any comments?

   (none; approved)

  Testfest planning

   McCool: let's review the discovery changes

   [8]Discovery Testing

      [8] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/main/events/2021.06.Online/Discovery

   McCool: would add a quick note...
   íK (adds a note to the "Introduction mechanisms" section)
   íK (also question about two implementation requirement for the
   server side)
   íK any further comments?

   toumura: no specific comments
   íK the listed items at "Introduction mechanism" are references
   to the Discovery draft sections

   McCool: (adds some more comments to the "Exploration
   mechanisms" section)
   íK (also tidies up the descriptions within the "Introduction
   mechanism" section)
   íK (e.g., making the notes and questions into a list of issues)
   íK any thoughts?

   [9]updated Discovery Testing page

      [9] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/main/events/2021.06.Online/Discovery

   McCool: any comments from Ege?

   Ege: how do we know about the URL?

   McCool: the point is we don't have to test every possible
   mechanism
   íK the question here is what we mean by "implementations" here
   íK analogy with Web browser spec vs Web servers

   Ege: ok

   McCool: regarding the "Exploration mechanisms" section
   íK we have a note "Testing should include secure implementations
   of various types."
   íK "Direct" introduction is quite simple
   íK doesn't really need testing
   íK (adds that point to the "Issues" within the "Introduction
   mechanism")
   íK a question on testing queries: do we need a full test suite
   for JSONPath, etc.?
   íK if so, we need to have multiple directory services in the end

   [10]updated Discovery Testing page

     [10] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/main/events/2021.06.Online/Discovery

   [adjourned]

    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    [11]scribe.perl version 131 (Sat Apr 24 15:23:43 2021 UTC).

     [11] https://w3c.github.io/scribe2/scribedoc.html