W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > September 2020

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 2 September 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 11:02:21 +0900
Message-ID: <87mu1tjetu.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/09/02-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Daniel!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

02 Sep 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#2_September_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Clerley_Silveira,
          Cristiano_Aguzzi, Daniel_Peintner, Ege_Korkan,
          Jennifer_Lin, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Lagally,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura, Takahisa_Suzuki, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Zoltan_Kis

   Regrets
          Sebastian

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          dape

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Minutes approval
         2. [5]Quick Updates
         3. [6]Upcoming events
         4. [7]Publication schedule update
         5. [8]TPAC and next WoT (V)F2F Meetings
         6. [9]TF Reports
         7. [10]AOB
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribeNick: dape

Minutes approval

   [13]Aug-26

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2020/08/26-wot-minutes.html

   no objections -> minutes approved

Quick Updates

   McCool: MEIG and WNIG call

   Kaz: presentation on Link Performance Prediction (LPP)
   ... related to discovery
   ... main editor Jonas is interested in IoT and edge computing
   ... good topic for the upcoming joint meeting during TPAC

   McCool: People should review PDF,
   [14]https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/images/7/79/Intel_LPP_up
   date_W3C-Sept1.pdf
   ... JSONPath standardization activity in IETF
   ... have contacted Carsten Bormann
   ... should watch this closely

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/images/7/79/Intel_LPP_update_W3C-Sept1.pdf

Upcoming events

   McCool: Ege at API Specification Conference (Sept 9-10)

   Ege: will put presentation on Github
   ... people can take a look
   ... moreover. Was in QA session of JSON schema
   ... no planned standardization for JSON schema within next
   years

   McCool: Same problem for JSON path

   Ege: they do not see gain of standardization

   McCool: Makes it difficult to cite and use it

   Ege: Also started work of JSON schema vocabulary
   ... not only new terms but also new techniques
   ... should pay attention
   ... more QA sessions to come

   McCool: Should plan for something JSON schema / path
   ... post to TPAC
   ... Singapore Geospatial Week is next week, Sept 7-18
   ... bad timing for me

   Jennifer: Will try to attend also
   ... can take notes

   McCool: Smart Cities Week, Oct 19-Nov 10
   ... conflicts with TPAC
   ... daytime in US
   ... reminder, Use Cases call tomorrow, Sep. 3
   ... ITU-T liaison discussion confirmed
   ... should review documents

   Lagally: Agree

Publication schedule update

   McCool: any updates

   -> none

   McCool: privacy and discovery hard to meet late September

TPAC and next WoT (V)F2F Meetings

   McCool: PlugFest call today: not sure if I can make it
   ... should continue to work on it, Ege can you chair the call?

   Ege: Not sure about open points

   McCool: let's have short meeting
   ... WoT IG/WG Group meetings, see
   [15]https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2020/GroupMeetings
   ... Joint meetings are important
   ... APA, DID
   ... need to figure out timing
   ... for DID, we setup doodle, agenda needed
   ... Web and Networks IG - confirmed, doodle, agenda needed
   ... ask people to fill out Doodles
   ... by end of next Wednesday
   ... may need doodles for MEIG and APA
   ... in general for agenda: Should create issues in their issue
   trackers and label them
   ... there is also horizontal review tracker, see
   [16]https://www.w3.org/PM/horizontal/
   ... can use it also

     [15] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2020/GroupMeetings
     [16] https://www.w3.org/PM/horizontal/

   Kaz: Correct. How to use is described on this site also

   <inserted> [17]how to use the labels

     [17] https://www.w3.org/PM/horizontal/HOWTO

   McCool: Agenda can be automatically created with this tooling
   ... each task for should think about issues
   ... MEIG talking - subset meeting
   ... not sure about Publication BG

   Kaz: does not mean paper and books
   ... rather ebooks, so topics should include synchronization of
   multiple media streams, devices and user interface modalities

   McCool: Audio, text, images synchronized -> IOT device
   ... should create issue and track agenda items
   ... 2 possible options
   ... opt1. Oct 13 09:00PDT / 12:00EDT / 16:00UTC / 01:00JST (Oct
   14)
   ... opt2. Oct 13 17:00PDT / 20:00EDT / 00:00UTC / 09:00JST (Oct
   14)
   ... shall we do Doodle?

   Kaz: PBG chair provided 2 options
   ... if either of this option is ok we can go for it
   ... otherwise create Doodle

   McCool: Could "cancel" regular meetings in case of conflict
   ... Both options are ok for me...
   ... suggest Doodle

   Kaz: Sounds good

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to generate a doodle for the PBG meeting with
   two options

   Kaz: I am ok with both options

TF Reports

   McCool: Scripting

   Zoltan: ongoing things
   ... API design issues
   ... handling error subscribtions
   ... using observable design used before
   ... TD related. Mandators forms for unsubscribe in case of
   unscubribe
   ... algorithmn optimizations
   ... e.g, related to security configurations
   ... we think we can publish by the end of September

   McCool: Security
   ... discussed PRs against TD
   ... can attend only 2nd half of TD call
   ... discussed OAuth2 issues
   ... new flows
   ... certain elements are mandatory in scheme
   ... provided by protocol
   ... should it be optional?
   ... optional would cause interop problem

   McCool: Discovery
   ... discussed JSON path
   ... updates with regards to query
   ... JSON Path, XQuery , SPARQL
   ... which one should be mandatory
   ... SPARQL requires lot of support, heavy
   ... at the moment JSON is must
   ... XPath should
   ... SPARQL may
   ... Marketing
   ... heard from animator
   ... we also generated TD and node-wot scripts
   ... nice example: properties, actions and events
   ... proposal A and B is same
   ... different color scheme
   ... red green blindness might be problematic
   ... better contrast is better
   ... should check out filter

   Kaz: we can ask Josh from accessibility group

   McCool: OK, makes sense
   ... let's forward this image to them and ask for comments
   ... other than animator video
   ... Lightning talk video on WoT in general for TPAC
   ... website

   [18]WoT Welcome page

     [18] https://w3c.github.io/wot-marketing/

   Daniel: open issue with website restructering, please take a
   look

   McCool: PoC

   McCool: alternate PoC and Charter

   Kaz: Note: smart Cities IG should be done separately
   ... will create own list/repo

   McCool: PlugFest/Testing
   ... did some clen-up
   ... No meeting for TD and Use Cases

   Lagally: There was Architecture meeting
   ... discussed profile
   ... what and how to define
   ... data model
   ... start with HTTP
   ... identified new issues and created entries
   ... we talked about specifics: metrics, geolocations, ...
   ... no conclusion yet, we have issues
   ... merged 2 PRs
   ... discussed document re-structering
   ... first version ready by tomorrow

AOB

   -> none

   McCool: PlugFest call 5 minutes past the hour

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to generate a doodle for the PBG meeting with
   two options

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [19]scribe.perl version ([20]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/09/07 08:22:55 $

     [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 14 September 2020 02:02:28 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 14 September 2020 02:02:29 UTC