W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > July 2020

[PlugFest/Testing] minutes - 22 July 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 19:19:06 +0900
Message-ID: <87v9i4rnqd.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/07/22-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                          WoT PlugFest/Testing

22 Jul 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf#Agenda_07.22.2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner,
          Ege_Korkan, Kunihiko_Toumura, Ryuichi_Matsukura,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Agenda
         2. [5]Prev minutes
         3. [6]Ongoing testing
         4. [7]Repo review
         5. [8]Playground
         6. [9]wot-testing repo cleaning
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

Agenda

   McCool: (updates the agenda)

   Ege: implementation report generator maintenance?

   McCool:

   Kaz: note that we need to review two more minutes from the
   online PlugFest in addtion to the ones from last week:

   [12]June-18

     [12] https://www.w3.org/2020/06/18-wot-pf-minutes.html

   [13]June-19

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2020/06/19-wot-pf-minutes.html

Prev minutes

   [14]July-15

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2020/07/15-wot-pf-minutes.html

   McCool: typo "PlugFest"
   ... any comments?

   (none)

   approved

   [15]PlugFest June-18

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2020/06/18-wot-pf-minutes.html

   McCool: nodegen
   ... btw, Toumura-san, we need a video on nodegen/node-red
   ... there will be a conference by Connexus on Aug-3
   ... we should talk about doing a video
   ... having a screenshot would be great

   Toumura: could generate a video based on the plugfest setting

   McCool: would be great
   ... maybe could use the existing video itself
   ... let me look into that
   ... (going back to the minutes)
   ... need to talk with Farshid about the EdgeX integration
   ... any objections for publishing the minutes?

   (none)

   approved

   [16]PlugFest June-19

     [16] https://www.w3.org/2020/06/19-wot-pf-minutes.html

   McCool: (goes through the minutes)
   ... don't see any problems
   ... would be better to put a link to the issues

   <McCool>
   [17]https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3
   Aopen+label%3A%22Plugfest+Outcome%22

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label:"Plugfest+Outcome"

   Kaz: will add it

   <McCool> [18]http://jsonpatch.com/

     [18] http://jsonpatch.com/

   McCool: maybe we can add the link for JSON Patch too

   Kaz: ok

   McCool: any objections for publishing them?

   (no)

   approved

Ongoing testing

   McCool: IETF 108 is happening next week
   ... hackathon as well there
   ... no response about VPN setting plan yet
   ... if they can take an action for the VPN setting, that would
   be great :)
   ... they could help us set it up given they're network experts
   ... report generation tool is still ongoing
   ... Kaz to talk with PLH about where to put the tool
   ... btw, our SoftEther VPN still on?

   Kaz: think so

   McCool: anything else?

   (none)

Repo review

   Ege: manual CSV files
   ... every implementer to generate to explain what the
   implementation is
   ... where to put all the information best?

   McCool: assertion test should maintain the CSV files, shouldn't
   it?

   Ege: how to see what to fill in?

   McCool: the spec itself has a bunch of assertions

   Ege: assertion tester can specify what to test

   McCool: the trouble is what if someone updates the spec with
   additional assertions

   Ege: so the assertion tester should not handle the manual CSV
   files

   McCool: right

   Ege: where to maintain all the manual CSV files then?

   McCool: (visits the report generator)

   [19]report generator inputs

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/tree/master/testing/inputs

   McCool: do you have a specific issue already?

   Ege: not yet

   McCool: let me create one then

   [20]new issue 40 - reorganize list of assertion CSV files

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/40

   <inserted> mm: (describes the basic procedure)

   McCool: manual assertions should not be manually maintained
   ... instead
   ... report generator tool should generate a file
   ... each tool that does testing should have a file
   ... the report generator should take the union of all the
   "tested.csv" files as input

   Ege: then I can talk about playground

Playground

   <Ege>
   [21]https://github.com/thingweb/thingweb-playground/pull/125

     [21] https://github.com/thingweb/thingweb-playground/pull/125

   McCool: can provide the manual check tool to you too

   Ege: your proposed procedure makes sense
   ... and I'd like to talk about restructuring playground now

   McCool: ok

   Ege: once PR is merged
   ... you now have these views
   ... playground-assertions, -cli, -core, -web
   ... four packages
   ... assertion is include in this playground-web version as well
   ... you need to install the CLI for playground-cli

   McCool: should updated the script on my side

   Ege: yes
   ... the PR will be merged shortly

   McCool: will create an Issue as well
   ... also create a new label for validation

   <McCool> [22]https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/41

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/41

   Kaz: will you update the main README.md with how to use the new
   capabilities?

   [23]https://github.com/thingweb/thingweb-playground

     [23] https://github.com/thingweb/thingweb-playground

   Ege: yes

wot-testing repo cleaning

   [24]Issue 41

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/41

   [25]Issue 42

     [25] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/42

   McCool: will clean up the wot-testing repo with playground and
   VPN instructions

   [26]wot-testing/tools subdirectory

     [26] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/master/tools

   McCool: need the ongoing data as well

   (further discussion next week)

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [27]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([28]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/07/24 12:39:15 $

     [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Friday, 31 July 2020 10:19:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 31 July 2020 10:19:13 UTC