W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > July 2020

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 15 July 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 20:56:11 +0900
Message-ID: <87wo2ltdwk.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/07/15-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Jennifer!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

15 Jul 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#15_July_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner,
          Dave_Raggett, Ege_Korkan, Jennifer_Lin,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Lagally, Michael_Koster,
          David_Ezell, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Tetsushi_Matsuda

   Regrets
          Sebastian_Kaebisch

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          Jennifer

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Prev minutes
         2. [5]T2TRG meeting
         3. [6]Webconf table on the main wiki
         4. [7]Demos
         5. [8]ITU-T liaison update
         6. [9]Publication schedule update
         7. [10]vF2F minutes
         8. [11]Project management updates
         9. [12]TPAC
        10. [13]TF reports
     * [14]Summary of Action Items
     * [15]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Prev minutes

   <kaz> [16]July-8

     [16] https://www.w3.org/2020/07/08-wot-minutes.html

   <kaz> scribenick: jennifer_

   McCool: The july 8 minutes will be published

T2TRG meeting

   McCool: Tomorrow, 2 hour t2trg meeting, overlapping with
   marketing call and architecture call
   ... sebastian cannot attend or chair the marketing call either
   ... Marketing call is canceled tomorrow
   ... Feel free to join T2TRG meeting tomorrow

   <kaz> [17]T2TRG meeting agenda

     [17] https://github.com/t2trg/2020-07-summary

Webconf table on the main wiki

   <kaz> [18]webconf table

     [18] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_Page#WebConf_Meetings

   McCool: Marking members only or members and guests on various
   calls
   ... Will have both retail and smart city in all PoC meetings,
   not alternating

   Lagally: Concern on confusion on the visualization on the
   meeting calls
   ... struggling to find the link on the architecture calls --
   not immediately visible

   McCool: Broken link there; also kaz to reformat the table
   ... Transpose will be cleaner, but more work to implement

Demos

   <kaz> TD-code also next week

   Jennifer: Smart City Demo may be at risk due to Philip needing
   to get approvals to share demo

ITU-T liaison update

   <inserted> kaz: asking them to send a liaison request to
   team-liaisons

Publication schedule update

   McCool: every group should fill out working draft

vF2F minutes

   <kaz> [19]vF2F minutes

     [19] https://www.w3.org/2020/06/22-26-wot-vf2f-minutes.html

   <McCool_> proposal: publically release the June 2020 VF2F
   minutes

   RESOLUTION: publically release the June 2020 VF2F minutes

Project management updates

   <kaz> [20]slides

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/PRESENTATIONS/2020-06-online-f2f/2020-06-26-Project-Management-Kaz.pdf

   kaz has floor for 10 minutes

   Kaz: Project Management Updates
   ... Video publishing policy
   ... Dashboard tools
   ... Marketing call -- mainly Daniel & Ege working on the
   website

   McCool: Add an item to the marketing agenda to discuss
   ... Useful and answers question on finding ids

   Kaz: Find information by group id

   <inserted> [21]we can get gid using the browse tool :)

     [21] https://www.w3.org/PM/Groups/browse.html

TPAC

   McCool: Need to pick a time

   <kaz> [basic schedule]

   <kaz> Group meetings: Oct. 5-9 / Oct. 19-23

   <kaz> Joint meetings: Oct. 12-16

   <kaz> Breakouts: Oct 26-30

   McCool: make a doodle poll to pick the dates

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to generate a doodle to pick candidate
   dates/times

   <kaz> (Oct 5-9/Oct 19-23 * 8-11am EST)

   Daniel: Full week now for the time frame?

   Kaz: yes, this time TPAC is a vrtual meeting, so the
   dates/times will be similar to the ones of our vF2F in June

TF reports

   Daniel: Scripting: restart next Monday

   McCool: Security: discussed OAuth
   ... Discovery: draft document to be reviewed

   <inserted> [22]PR for the draft doc

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/pull/35

   McCool: PoC: some confusion on the schedule
   ... originally was going to have a smart city dashboard demo
   during the main call next week
   ... Currently creating a smart city use case, but need
   Singapore to review first
   ... Marketing: discussed the script for animation and cleaned
   it up

   <kaz> [23]Video script discussion

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/master/material/wot_explainer_script.md

   McCool: funding for animation goes away in September, so if you
   want some changes, please say so right away
   ... Need logos and code examples

   <mlagally> Arch TF summary: Introduction to profiles, high
   level spec walkthrough. Homework items to all members: Review
   spec draft up to chapter 4.2

   McCool: Use cases: there was a call last week but no call this
   week

   Ege: TD/Binding: Last week presented ROS binding proposal
   ... Modbus PR

   McCool: Take a break before starting the PlugFest/Testing call

   <kaz> [12-min break before starting the plugfest/testing call]

   <kaz> [main call adjourned; move to #wot-pf channel]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to generate a doodle to pick candidates

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [24]publically release the June 2020 VF2F minutes

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [25]scribe.perl version ([26]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/07/16 00:36:31 $

     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 30 July 2020 11:56:17 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 30 July 2020 11:56:18 UTC