W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > July 2020

[PlugFest/Testing] minutes - 15 July 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 21:44:34 +0900
Message-ID: <87eep1ozf1.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/07/15-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Daniel!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                          WoT PlugFest/Testing

15 Jul 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf#Agenda_07.15.2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets
          Sebastian_Kaebisch

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          dape

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Minutes review
         2. [5]TPAC PF planning
     * [6]Summary of Action Items
     * [7]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: dape

Minutes review

   <kaz> [8]June-10

      [8] https://www.w3.org/2020/06/10-wot-pf-minutes.html

   McCool: minutes before PlugFest
   ... about getting ready for PF
   ... any objections?
   ... no objections --> approved

   <kaz> [9]June-15

      [9] https://www.w3.org/2020/06/15-wot-pf-minutes.html

   McCool: VPN topics
   ... Toumura-san, can we document server-side configuration

   Toumura: VPN server-side?

   McCool: Yes, setup information

   Toumura: Matsukura-San did do the settings

   McCool: will talk to Matsukura-San

   Kaz: we should check all the MD files on github and summarize
   what to do so that we can get a guideline for the next trial

   McCool: will create sub directory for consolidating VPN
   instructions

   <McCool_>
   [10]https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/master/tools/vpn

     [10] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/master/tools/vpn

   McCool: back to minutes.. objection 15th of june

   none --> approved

   <kaz> [11]June-16

     [11] https://www.w3.org/2020/06/16-wot-pf-minutes.html

   McCool: setup, data capturing scripts, service setup, ...

   objections 16th of june

   none --> approved

   [12]June-17

     [12] https://www.w3.org/2020/06/17-wot-pf-minutes.html

   no objections --> approved

TPAC PF planning

   McCool: low turn-out today...
   ... we F2F scheduling discussed in main call
   ... what to do about PF
   ... could do the same we did last time
   ... tooling should be done sooner

   Kaz: collaboration with other WGs, SDOs

   McCool: T2TRG for example
   ... edge computing discussions, Web and network group
   ... discovery implementation work
   ... BTW, MongoDB reached out to us
   ... next week will join our call
   ... we have link smart... need second one
   ... Kaz, let's start with wiki page

   Kaz: believe we have already a wiki page
   ... can add a section for PlugFest planning there

   <kaz> [13]draft TPAC wiki

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_October_2020#PlugFest

   McCool: Great
   ... let's add "Testing" section with discovery implementation
   ... updated TDs, OAuth2
   ... TD proofs
   ... node-wot update to latest scripting API?

   Daniel: Yes, that's the plan

   McCool: back to wiki
   ... Logistics: aim for one week, one hour a day meeting
   ... some time prior to TPAC
   ... prior to Oct 5
   ... avoid conflicts for joint calls
   ... used 9am to 10am eastern for the online PlugFest in June
   ... maybe timezone change when TPAC occurs?
   ... might be bad for Japan?

   Kaz: it was 10pm Japan for the vPlugFest in June
   ... can create doodle poll for this purpose

   <McCool_>
   [14]https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=W
   oT+Fall+2020+Plugfest&iso=20200928T09&p1=43&ah=1

     [14] https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=WoT+Fall+2020+Plugfest&iso=20200928T09&p1=43&ah=1

   Kaz: 10pm JST will be still 9am Eastern in September
   ... before daylightsaving changes, will change on Nov 1 in US
   and October 25 in Europe

   <kaz> [15]Daylightsaving changes

     [15] http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html

   McCool: PlugFet scenarios: retail, ...
   ... feel free to contribute

   Kaz: what about GovTech implementation and Connexus
   implementation?

   McCool: let's tackle that in POC call
   ... Connexus should not be a problem
   ... VPN at the moment tends to stop working right now after a
   while
   ... will investigate
   ... other toolings: need to finish scripts like testing report
   ... shall we create separate repo for toolings?
   ... will start with "own" repo for now

   Kaz: dedicated repo is fine
   ... there is already web platform testing repo ... should think
   about relationship with it

   McCool: tool exists already, can make it more generic
   ... useful tool for spec creation, should talk to PLH
   ... tools scans spec for RFC flags and by means of CVS files
   can create report
   ... let's test it with WoT specs first, later we can propose it
   as a more generic tool to W3C

   Kaz: makes sense

   McCool: next time we should talk about on-going testings
   ... home work to do

   scribenick: kaz

   McCool: regarding the doodle poll on schedule
   ... let's start with the one for the TPAC vF2F first to avoid
   confusion
   ... then another one for the vPlugFest

   Kaz: ok

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [16]scribe.perl version ([17]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/07/16 11:51:17 $

     [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                          WoT PlugFest/Testing

15 Jul 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf#Agenda_07.15.2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets
          Sebastian_Kaebisch

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          dape

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Minutes review
         2. [5]TPAC PF planning
     * [6]Summary of Action Items
     * [7]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: dape

Minutes review

   <kaz> [8]June-10

      [8] https://www.w3.org/2020/06/10-wot-pf-minutes.html

   McCool: minutes before PlugFest
   ... about getting ready for PF
   ... any objections?
   ... no objections --> approved

   <kaz> [9]June-15

      [9] https://www.w3.org/2020/06/15-wot-pf-minutes.html

   McCool: VPN topics
   ... Toumura-san, can we document server-side configuration

   Toumura: VPN server-side?

   McCool: Yes, setup information

   Toumura: Matsukura-San did do the settings

   McCool: will talk to Matsukura-San

   Kaz: we should check all the MD files on github and summarize
   what to do so that we can get a guideline for the next trial

   McCool: will create sub directory for consolidating VPN
   instructions

   <McCool_>
   [10]https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/master/tools/vpn

     [10] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/master/tools/vpn

   McCool: back to minutes.. objection 15th of june

   none --> approved

   <kaz> [11]June-16

     [11] https://www.w3.org/2020/06/16-wot-pf-minutes.html

   McCool: setup, data capturing scripts, service setup, ...

   objections 16th of june

   none --> approved

   [12]June-17

     [12] https://www.w3.org/2020/06/17-wot-pf-minutes.html

   no objections --> approved

TPAC PF planning

   McCool: low turn-out today...
   ... we F2F scheduling discussed in main call
   ... what to do about PF
   ... could do the same we did last time
   ... tooling should be done sooner

   Kaz: collaboration with other WGs, SDOs

   McCool: T2TRG for example
   ... edge computing discussions, Web and network group
   ... discovery implementation work
   ... BTW, MongoDB reached out to us
   ... next week will join our call
   ... we have link smart... need second one
   ... Kaz, let's start with wiki page

   Kaz: believe we have already a wiki page
   ... can add a section for PlugFest planning there

   <kaz> [13]draft TPAC wiki

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_October_2020#PlugFest

   McCool: Great
   ... let's add "Testing" section with discovery implementation
   ... updated TDs, OAuth2
   ... TD proofs
   ... node-wot update to latest scripting API?

   Daniel: Yes, that's the plan

   McCool: back to wiki
   ... Logistics: aim for one week, one hour a day meeting
   ... some time prior to TPAC
   ... prior to Oct 5
   ... avoid conflicts for joint calls
   ... used 9am to 10am eastern for the online PlugFest in June
   ... maybe timezone change when TPAC occurs?
   ... might be bad for Japan?

   Kaz: it was 10pm Japan for the vPlugFest in June
   ... can create doodle poll for this purpose

   <McCool_>
   [14]https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=W
   oT+Fall+2020+Plugfest&iso=20200928T09&p1=43&ah=1

     [14] https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=WoT+Fall+2020+Plugfest&iso=20200928T09&p1=43&ah=1

   Kaz: 10pm JST will be still 9am Eastern in September
   ... before daylightsaving changes, will change on Nov 1 in US
   and October 25 in Europe

   <kaz> [15]Daylightsaving changes

     [15] http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html

   McCool: PlugFet scenarios: retail, ...
   ... feel free to contribute

   Kaz: what about GovTech implementation and Connexus
   implementation?

   McCool: let's tackle that in POC call
   ... Connexus should not be a problem
   ... VPN at the moment tends to stop working right now after a
   while
   ... will investigate
   ... other toolings: need to finish scripts like testing report
   ... shall we create separate repo for toolings?
   ... will start with "own" repo for now

   Kaz: dedicated repo is fine
   ... there is already web platform testing repo ... should think
   about relationship with it

   McCool: tool exists already, can make it more generic
   ... useful tool for spec creation, should talk to PLH
   ... tools scans spec for RFC flags and by means of CVS files
   can create report
   ... let's test it with WoT specs first, later we can propose it
   as a more generic tool to W3C

   Kaz: makes sense

   McCool: next time we should talk about on-going testings
   ... home work to do

   scribenick: kaz

   McCool: regarding the doodle poll on schedule
   ... let's start with the one for the TPAC vF2F first to avoid
   confusion
   ... then another one for the vPlugFest

   Kaz: ok

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [16]scribe.perl version ([17]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/07/16 11:51:17 $

     [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Friday, 24 July 2020 12:44:41 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 24 July 2020 12:44:42 UTC