W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > April 2020

[wot-security] minutes - 6 April 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 22:44:32 +0900
Message-ID: <87v9lmuzsv.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/04/06-wot-sec-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Dmitrij!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                              WoT Security

06 Apr 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_Security_WebConf#6_Apr_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Dmitrij_Lagutin,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Elena_Reshetova, Zoltan_Kis

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          Dmitrij

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Review minutes
         2. [5]Scripting review
         3. [6]Lifecycle
         4. [7]Issues and PRs
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     * [9]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: Dmitrij

Review minutes

   <kaz> [10]Mar-30 minunes

     [10] https://www.w3.org/2020/03/30-wot-sec-minutes.html

   McCool: ok with minutes as they are, any comments?

   <kaz> McCool: (goes through the minutes)

   McCool: minutes are approved (with fix to Oliver's name)

   <kaz> [Oliver's name has been just fixed]

   McCool: next week's meeting cancelled (Easter Monday)

Scripting review

   McCool: going through scripting API
   ... added Issue to Github to review scripting API to ensure
   Security configuration is supported

   Elena: we had similar discussions earlier
   ... it's good to restart the discussions

   <McCool> new issue
   created:[11]https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/167

     [11] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/167

Lifecycle

   McCool: Lifecycle, do we need to be open discussion here?

   Elena: no need, discussion in architecture was enough

   McCool: this will be discusssed in architecture meeting next
   week

Issues and PRs

   McCool: PR looks good for me. There was some issues with merge
   to master

   <kaz> [12]PR 164 - end-to-end security

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/pull/164

   all: no objections to merging the PR

   McCool: haven't had time yet to go through issues in Github
   ... will catch up with issues later

   <kaz> [13]issue 152

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/152

   <McCool> still no comments on Ping issue:
   [14]https://github.com/w3cping/privacy-threat-model/issues/17

     [14] https://github.com/w3cping/privacy-threat-model/issues/17

   McCool: some of work in progress stuff can be closed
   ... references to ANIMA and IETF ACE? have these been added?

   <kaz> [15]https://w3c.github.io/wot-security/

     [15] https://w3c.github.io/wot-security/

   McCool: it seems no

   <kaz> [16]6. References to Existing Security Best Practices

     [16] https://w3c.github.io/wot-security/#references-to-existing-security-best-practices

   <kaz> [17]issue 147

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/147

   <kaz> [18]Issue 146

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/146

   McCool: IETFACE reference issue can be closed

   <kaz> (so, issue 146 has been cloesd)

   McCool: issue 151

   Elena: PR has been added

   <kaz> [19]Issue 151

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/151

   McCool: and it has been merged

   <kaz> [20]wot-architecture PR 418

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/418

   McCool: another PR will be created by ER for Security and
   Privacy Guidelines document
   ... Issue 148: is related to lifecycle discussion and
   discussion about actors
   ... lets look at it again after lifecycle discussion is nailed
   down

   <kaz> [21]Issue 148

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/148

   McCool: issue 142, is this done?

   Elena: I think so

   <kaz> [22]Issue 142

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/142

   McCool: issue 143, there is no good definition for privacy

   <inserted> [23]Issue 143

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/143

   McCool: issue 135, this is related to lifecycle discussion
   ... will be rewritten when the lifecycle discussion in the
   architecture will be done

   <inserted> [24]Issue 135

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/135

   McCool: issue 167, Zoltan has commented the issue

   <kaz> [25]Issue 167

     [25] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/167

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [26]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([27]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/04/26 13:41:52 $

     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Sunday, 26 April 2020 13:44:22 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Sunday, 26 April 2020 13:44:22 UTC