W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > April 2020

[wot-marketing] minutes - 9 April 2002

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 02:33:54 +0900
Message-ID: <875zdz9vy5.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/04/09-wot-marketing-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             WoT Marketing

09 Apr 2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Tomoaki_Mizushima, David_Ezell,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura

   Regrets

   Chair
          Sebastian, McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]RECs have been published along with the press
            release
         2. [4]Agenda
         3. [5]Explainer video
         4. [6]Developer outreach
         5. [7]Previous minutes
         6. [8]Next week
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     * [10]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

RECs have been published along with the press release

   [11]top page news about the publication

     [11] https://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/8436

   [12]css-wm rec jp

     [12] https://triple-underscore.github.io/css-writing-modes3-ja.html

   [13]css-wm rec jp

     [13] https://triple-underscore.github.io/css-writing-modes3-ja.html

   McCool: wot-architecture and wot-thing-description have been
   just published as RECs
   ... as long as the press release

Agenda

   Sebastian: wanted to check the status :)

   McCool: would like to talk out developer outreach
   ... the RECs and press release look good
   ... just wondering about minor points like possible translation
   of figures within the spec

   <McCool> mm: I will do twitter right after this

   Sebastian: let's talk about the explainer video

Explainer video

   Sebastian: (shows a video production site)

   McCool: should see the cost vs quality
   ... normalization based on time, etc.

   Sebastian: maximum cost here vs people's rating

   Kaz: all the entries here mean different video producers.
   right?

   Sebastian: yes

   McCool: what about the language?
   ... assuming English

   Sebastian: native English speaker would be better
   ... let's look at the rating here

   McCool: maybe value for dollars

   <sebastian>
   [14]https://www.fiverr.com/maryisabella/create-a-professional-w
   hiteboard-animation-explainer-video

     [14] https://www.fiverr.com/maryisabella/create-a-professional-whiteboard-animation-explainer-video

   Kaz: looking into this site is fine
   ... but we might want to ask Coralie about W3C's preferred
   video producers
   ... since we'll hold the upcoming the AC meeting as a virtual
   meeting, and will generate many videos for presentations

   McCool: yeah, talking with Coralie would make sense

   Sebastian: write an email to her?

   McCool: yes
   ... you can explain what we want in the message

   Sebastian: ok

   McCool: btw, we have an explainer document already
   ... and it should be aligned with the newly proposed explainer
   video
   ... we need slightly expanded one

   Sebastian: yeah, but we should be careful not to put too much
   contents

   McCool: right
   ... but want to have the text in line with the video

   Kaz: agree with McCool at least from the viewpoint of document
   maintenance

   McCool: can draft some document
   ... maybe we should check the old explainer content is still
   relevant
   ... the document now should be moved under wot-marketing

   Sebastian: will you do that yourself?

   McCool: yeah
   ... will create a pullrequest for that purpose

Developer outreach

   McCool: how to request deeper tutorial?
   ... need description not only for node-wot but also the other
   implementations
   ... we really can't necessarily have implementation support
   inside W3C
   ... the WoT CG could work on that
   ... and could have a dedicated calls
   ... people can join the CG
   ... can get some materials there
   ... wondering if recording the tutorial would really make sense
   ... having both of the recorded tutorial and the live tutorial
   session would be useful
   ... would see tutorial for node-gen as well
   ... people might want to have specific topics
   ... need somebody as the leader to do the tutorials
   ... always be there and organize the meetings
   ... maybe would ask Ege about that
   ... and should ask people to give tutorials
   ... essentially re-energizing the WoT CG

   Sebastian: really elaborate the man power

   McCool: right
   ... really serious problem
   ... Ege doesn't have to give tutorials himself
   ... we should decide to do it
   ... and then think about who to organize it
   ... should have a Chair

   Kaz: think we should check with PLH and Wendy as well

   McCool: why don't we talk about them about the developer
   outreach issue itself?
   ... can we use W3C resources like WebEx as well?
   ... developer outreach itself is very important for WoT
   ... we need to negotiate them about this topics to clarify the
   relevant process

   <scribe> ACTION: kaz to talk with plh/wendy about expected
   developer outreach including the possibility of reusing the WoT
   CG

   McCool: ok
   ... assuming it's OK, what should be done?
   ... should make decision on date/time for the possible calls
   ... someways evening is good but someways not
   ... personally pretty open with Thursday and Tuesday
   ... Team Contacts don't have to be there, I think
   ... maybe we can use the CG mechanism not only for developer
   outreach but also getting requirements from them
   ... ok
   ... that's all from me

Previous minutes

   [15]Apr-2 minutes

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2020/04/02-wot-marketing-minutes.html

   McCool: (shares his screen)
   ... (goes through the minutes)
   ... wondering about some more additional testimonials for the
   press release
   ... we should continue to talk with Fraunhofer about Link Smart
   ... any objections to accept the minutes?

   (none)

   McCool: accepted

Next week

   McCool: next week, do we want to look at the marketing site?
   ... should invite Coralie again?
   ... anything to work on before hand?

   Sebastian: can invite her if you want

   McCool: we'll have two separate topics, explainer video and web
   page
   ... also might be possible to talk about the developer outreach

   Kaz: please note that starting with next week (Apr. 16), the
   wot marketing call will start one hour later

   McCool: Kaz will allocate a new WebEx
   ... and I'll distribute an updated calendar invite

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to talk with plh/wendy about expected
   developer outreach including the possibility of reusing the WoT
   CG

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [16]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([17]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/04/12 04:00:36 $

     [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 16 April 2020 17:33:49 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 16 April 2020 17:33:50 UTC