W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > April 2020

[wot-marketing] minutes - 19 March 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 17:22:29 +0900
Message-ID: <87369nvcmy.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/03/19-wot-marketing-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Daniel!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             WoT Marketing

19 Mar 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Marketing_WebConf#Mar_19.2C_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Daniel_Peintner, David_Ezell, Ege_Korkan,
          Alan_Bird, Jennifer_Lin, Michael_McCool,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Taki_Kamiya, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Alan, Zoltan_Kis, Kunihiko_Toumura, Ari_Keranen,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura

   Regrets

   Chair
          Sebastian

   Scribe
          Daniel

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Press release status
         2. [5]Twitter
         3. [6]Workshop "WoT for Humans" during F2F in Helsinki
         4. [7]Content landing page
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     * [9]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   [McCool has some trouble with audio connection and joins the
   call only on the IRC for this call]

   <kaz> [10]Agenda

     [10] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_16-19_March_2020,_Online

   <kaz> scribenick: dape

Press release status

   Sebastian: meeting with Jeff, McCool, Alan
   ... outcome: Alan reviewing current version

   <McCool_> will let Alan summarize mtg

   Alan: turn release around ... talk more about business problems
   ... shorten text about technology
   ... lot of good content
   ... W3C will put quote in also
   ... so far I did not manage to work on it
   ... draft for next week

   <McCool_> McCool: we basically proposed to delete the
   "deliverables" section

   Alan: propose that members talk about products

   <McCool_> I think we should also point at open-source projects,
   eg node-wot

   Alan: would need support in this area from members

   <McCool_> and pocs and deployments, like singapore, etc

   <McCool_> ... maybe conexxus?

   Alan: please send note to me if your company can share product
   infos

   Kaz: Thank you, Alan!
   ... I've been also asking the group to work on the business
   merit
   ... I think we should need to think about the direction and
   what to be mentioned before generating concrte text
   ... We could include description about WoT's potential impact
   based on concrete use cases and services of the WoT technology
   ... as well as our PoC work (Plugfest) and exisiting
   implementations including node-wot as an opensouerce
   implemenation

   <McCool_> McCool: we can certainly collect additional
   testimonials and writeups of specific deployment and product
   examples

   <McCool_> and put those examples in the main text, not hidden
   down in testimonials

   Alan: open source should definitley go in there

   <McCool_> note that when I said PoC I did not mean plugfests, I
   meant things like Singapore and Conexxus, which maybe should be
   better called "early deployments"

   Kaz: right. so we should clarify necessary components for the
   text and then think about the concrete text based on them

   Sebastian: Siemens would like to name the product were we use
   WoT
   ... with statement
   ... wonder a bit "what is a product"
   ... we have many implementations out there
   ... many EU projects using WoT
   ... not sure if we are aware of that

   Alan: great
   ... please share pointers with me

   Sebastian: Can we get testimonial from Govtech also, Jennifer?

   Jennifer: Work on it
   ... no production projects though

   Alan: That's fine

   Sebastian: Jennifer, please also take a look what testimonials
   we have so far

   JL: Yes, thanks

   Alan: please send it to me and McCool

   <McCool_> I will forward to the WoT Chairs list so kaz and
   sebastian will see it as well

   <McCool_> and make a PR

   <McCool_> to add it to the press release...

   Sebastian: Plan so far: Alan working on updates
   ... tackle it next week again

   <McCool_> it should not change in eastern time, it only changes
   in europe

   Alan: Thursday 26 is fine.. please share time with me

   Kaz: 9am Eastern on March 26

   Alan: Thank you

   Sebastian: will share information what I mentioned before

   Alan: Thanks, bye

   <inserted> (Alan leaves)

Twitter

   Sebastian: We have twitter account
   ... W3C_WoT account

   Sebastian: how should we do with the "following" on Twitter
   ... W3C policy?

   <McCool_> well... who will read it if we follow people?

   Ege: CSS 40,000 followers, 60 following

   <McCool_> I think we probably want to follow things that we
   might forward only, eg w3c main accounts

   Ege: don't really follow many

   <McCool_> but not just everyone who follows us

   Ege: similar to W3C twitter account

   Sebastian: Suggest following WoT and W3C members

   <McCool_> again, we should follow only things we might want to
   forward

   Sebastian: is there a guideline

   <McCool_> or respond to with comments

   Kaz: Suggest to discuss it with Coralie

   Sebastian: Shall we invite her?

   <McCool_> McCool: +1 on talking to Coralie

   Kaz: there is already a dedicated email thread with Coralie
   about how to deal with the WoT Twitter account.
   ... so I'd suggest we continue to talk with her on that email
   thread

   Ege: will contact Coralie
   ... What about liking, re-tweeting .. will ask about guidelines

   <McCool_> I think we may want to arrange for a reasonable level
   of activity

   <McCool_> ... maybe summarizing main call each week?

   <McCool_> ... at least, just so it's not stale

Workshop "WoT for Humans" during F2F in Helsinki

   Sebastian: We know some of the organizers
   ... in conjunction with ICWE

   <McCool_> is this WoT the same as ours?

   <McCool_> ... it seems like it might be a completely
   independent thing with the same name, which is not that good...
   do we know?

   Sebastian: think about collaboration, key note, .. present our
   work
   ... can contact organizer
   ... need to clarify whether there will be a physical F2F

   <McCool_> can you please share the link?

   <kaz> [11]Workshop on WoT for Humans

     [11] http://wot4h.spilab.es/

   <McCool_> ok, thx for the link

   Ege: participate in their workshop or vice-versa?

   Sebastian: Not sure...
   ... will try to find out more

Content landing page

   <sebastian> [12]https://w3c.github.io/wot-marketing/

     [12] https://w3c.github.io/wot-marketing/

   Sebastian: new action item, embed "our" twitter account

   Daniel: can do so

   Sebastian: Should work on getting started

   Kaz: we should not use the term, "landing page", for this page,
   because there is a "WoT landing page" on the W3C server already
   ... maybe we could use "WoT portal page" or "WoT main page"
   instead

   <McCool_> suggest "main entry point" or "wot portal"

   <McCool_> "main page" is ok

   Sebastian: WoT main page ?

   Kaz: mean when we call/point to this page it should be clear
   what we mean

   Sebastian: Getting started: Some input from myself and Michael
   Lagally
   ... not very happy
   ... would like to have a beginners page
   ... like the idea having a video

   <McCool_> some people like video, some like text

   <McCool_> but I do think the text needs to be shorter, and the
   page more "graphical;

   Sebastian: Christian joined some weeks ago talking about wine
   producer.. using this story?

   Kaz: liked Christian's slide
   ... suggested we include his content to this page

   Sebastian: need nice story or use-case
   ... would like to ask a professional video maker later on
   ... need agreement on use case first

   Ege: w.r.t. listing use-cases: similar to conferences listing
   all topics in the world...
   ... agree it is applicable to a lot.. but listing all looks
   imprecise

   Sebastian: Can you to create issue about your concern

   <McCool_> but i agree, the issue is the list does not really
   add information, just noise

   Sebastian: all: please take a look at the website and provide
   comments
   ... Cool video sounds attractive to me

   <McCool_> McCool: as long as we don't do JUST a video; webcomic
   is a good idea

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [13]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([14]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/04/01 08:14:18 $

     [13] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 1 April 2020 08:22:38 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Wednesday, 1 April 2020 08:22:38 UTC