W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > March 2019

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 27 March 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 07:30:20 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9Uk7AnUn=NvqREvhH-gyvwC83j2vCPGwfJ_1tKYfPJDFw@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/03/27-wot-minutes.html

also available as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

27 Mar 2019

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#27_Mar_2019

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Taki_Kamiya, Tomoaki_Mizuhsima,
          Toru_Kawaguchi, Ege_Korkan, Yosuke_Nakamura

   Regrets
          Michael_Koster

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Agenda
         2. [5]TAG review
         3. [6]Rechartering
         4. [7]Workshop
         5. [8]One Data Model
         6. [9]TF updates
               o [10]Architecture
               o [11]TD
               o [12]Scripting
               o [13]Security
               o [14]Testing
     * [15]Summary of Action Items
     * [16]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Agenda

   [17]Agenda for today

     [17] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#27_Mar_2019

   McCool: any quick updates?

   (none)

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

TAG review

   McCool: we've finally submitted review requests for TAG review

   [18]TAG review request for the architecture draft

     [18] https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/355

   [19]TAG review request for the TD draft

     [19] https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/357

   McCool: (shows the review request for architecture)
   ... if you see any problems, please let me know
   ... (shows TD draft for TAG review)
   ... some issue with ReSpec
   ... Sebastian manually edited "at-risk" features
   ... slightly different from the master version
   ... e.g., for the CSS
   ... also the architecture document is available
   ... sequence maybe should be informative appendix
   ... terminology for this section is not consistent with the
   main part

   [20]Architecture draft

     [20] https://cdn.staticaly.com/gh/w3c/wot-architecture/TAG-review/index.html?env=dev

   McCool: (shows the proposed schedule part of the wiki)

   [21]Schedule

     [21] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Schedule

   McCool: still aiming April 9 for CR transition
   ... but kind of concerned
   ... let's see what happens
   ... even if everything goes well, we still need to work during
   the weekends
   ... very tight turnaround
   ... April 9 is important to finalize the REC until the end of
   the Charter period
   ... architecture has the same schedule
   ... regarding the binding templates draft
   ... no update from Koster yet
   ... but this is a WG Note
   ... issues with security/privacy document about terminology
   updates based on the architecture doc
   ... in terms of wide reviews
   ... working on external security reviews

   <McCool>
   [22]https://www.w3.org/TR/security-privacy-questionnaire/

     [22] https://www.w3.org/TR/security-privacy-questionnaire/

   [23]security questionnaire

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/blob/TAG-review/proposals/security_and_privacy.md

   McCool: bunch of questions

   <McCool>
   [24]https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/blob/TAG-review/pro
   posals/security_and_privacy.md

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/blob/TAG-review/proposals/security_and_privacy.md

   McCool: most of them are for web servers/browsers
   ... assessment document above
   ... explaining our situation/scope
   ... makes sure having answers to each question
   ... that's all done
   ... when we did our documents here
   ... if we go to the architecture doc
   ... document for the TAG review available on the "TAG-review"
   branch
   ... putting things back to the main branch too
   ... TD draft for TAG review has a bit different branch name
   ... "TD-TAG-review"
   ... that's all done
   ... wondering about the other wide reviews?

   Kaz: are we ok to use the TAG review versions for that purpose?

   McCool: should work

   Kaz: ok

   McCool: would make sense to ask the JSON-LD guys to review it
   as well

   Kaz: ok
   ... is it ok to use it for the other reviews (i18n, a12y,
   json-ld)?

   (no objections)

   RESOLUTION: we'll use the TAG review version drafts for the
   other wide reviews as well

   <scribe> ACTION: kaz to talk with i18n,a12y, json-ld for their
   wide reviews

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-170 - Talk with i18n,a12y, json-ld
   for their wide reviews [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2019-04-03].

Rechartering

   McCool: our current (extended) charters will expire the end of
   June
   ... my personal feeling is we can wait until the June workshop
   for WG
   ... but we should think about IG quickly
   ... including selection of chairs and updated charters
   ... don't have to finalize today, but need to continue the
   discussion
   ... let's continue the discussion using emails as well
   ... please speak up if you have opinions
   ... wonders about the procedure

   Kaz: it takes one month for the AC review

   McCool: we need to start IG though we're not sure about the WG
   deliverables yet

Workshop

   McCool: please submit your papers by April 15
   ... PC call?

   Kaz: Monday 10pm JST (2pm EU) would be the best slot
   ... but still checking with Sebastian
   ... need to talk with my Team colleagues to resolve conflicts

   McCool: let's record "Monday 10m JST" is the candidate
   ... when to start?

   Kaz: maybe next Monday, April 1 if we can resolve the conflict

One Data Model

   Kaz: Koster can't join the call today, but will make some
   report next week
   ... basically, he made a report on WoT there and got good
   responses

TF updates

* Architecture

   McCool: Lagally is not available today
   ... but we'll have an Architecture call tomorrow
   ... I have 2 PRs to be merged

   [25]link for PRs

     [25] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pulls

   McCool: maybe we can merge them tomorrow
   ... basically, previously brought this up
   ... the point is
   ... appendix A sequence diagrams
   ... the trouble is there is an issue of assuming servers as
   devices
   ... it should work bi-directionally
   ... this is something still need discussion
   ... maybe this whole thing should belong to the binding
   document
   ... mapping from abstracted layer to actual protocols
   ... would talk with Koster as well
   ... would be easier to maintain if it's included in the binding
   ... so better to include it in the binding document for
   maintenance purposes
   ... abstraction of things
   ... would encourage you all to look at it

   [26]https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/189

     [26] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/189

   McCool: that's it for architecture

* TD

   McCool: Sebastian here?
   ... on vacation

   Kaz: maybe Taki can make a report?

   Taki: so far working on the TAG review
   ... Sebastian generated the template for the review request
   ... McCool finalized it and submitted it
   ... security considerations as well
   ... during the telco, we discussed a bunch of issues
   ... now the context is available at the top level
   ... that's a big change
   ... also added JSON Schema for the full TD which is compatible
   to JSON-LD

   McCool: ok
   ... "@context" appears only at the top level now
   ... not sure how to handle SecurityScheme

   Taki: maybe you can create another issue?

   McCool: we need a way for extension for security
   ... a bit confused with the possible extension
   ... can work on the issue tomorrow for the discussion on Friday

   Taki: discussed what's simple TD and what's full TD as well
   ... Sebastian added clarification

   McCool: there were serialization discussion
   ... dependency on JSON-LD 1.1
   ... transformation section got much shorter
   ... think still need some refinement
   ... suspect we'll get feedback from TAG as well

   Kaz: also have some concern about description about
   serialization
   ... talking with PLH about the procedure

   McCool: good to get reviews by TAG and JSON-LD group

* Scripting

   Daniel: no meeting this Monday

   McCool: ok

* Security

   McCool: worked on the security questionnaire
   ... final version is now merged

* Testing

   McCool: sent email mentioning no testing call today
   ... not much updates on my side so far
   ... dis some update with playground
   ... but virtual machine crashed and took some time
   ... still some issues with the tool

   Ege: the major changes about context
   ... they have to get removed

   McCool: data schema, security ones should go away
   ... so we can remove this big chunk of yellow part (=features
   at risk)

   Ege: look into other issues
   ... manual parts require people's input

   McCool: will go through Intel's results again
   ... also need to look into the latest spec again
   ... some work still needed
   ... next week we'll definitely have a Testing call
   ... any questions?
   ... topics?

   (none)

   McCool: would assume we're done today
   ... tx for your hard work!
   ... make sure we can make sure the deadline

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to talk with i18n,a12y, json-ld for their
   wide reviews

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [27]we'll use the TAG review version drafts for the other
       wide reviews as well

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [28]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([29]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/03/28 22:24:55 $

     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 28 March 2019 22:31:23 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:36 UTC