W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > March 2019

[TestFest] minutes - 20 March 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 16:37:32 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9UVu-Ug9_k1PQ7SfmckqvP_OTgZ+-NupyFrLufv5cHWiQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/03/20-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Ege!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                              WoT TestFest

20 Mar 2019

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Ege_Korkan,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Taki_Kamiya, Toru_Kawaguchi

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          ege, kaz

Contents

     * [2]Topics
     * [3]Summary of Action Items
     * [4]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: ege

   [5]latest online report (to be updated)

      [5] https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/testing/report.html

   McCool: (shows the latest report.html on his local PC)
   ... as I said in the main call, I couldn't update the test
   results for a while
   ... some missing results here and there

   <kaz> (big chunk of features starting with td-context till
   td-context-ns-thing-prefix)

   <inserted> (also td-date-schema-objects)

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   Ege: that one has some bug...
   ... can be array or object

   McCool: let's create an issue then

   Ege: will do

   <ege> issue:
   [6]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/364

      [6] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/364

   Kaz: you mean the block of 3 lines starting with
   "td-data-schema-objects". right?

   McCool: yes

   <inserted> scribenick: ege

   McCool: maybe a third category?
   ... a lot of them have to do with the security schemes
   ... event names, someone needs an example
   ... many things that need one more example

   Ege: I will note that

   McCool: readonly and write only might go away

   Ege: no not really

   Kaz: so McCool, you mean that we can remove these two
   assertions, possibly?

   McCool: yes, there is a good chance that they will be removed
   ... @context is not done
   ... but we need to check again

   Ege: this is in dataschema level, very new

   McCool: what is bothering me are the different security schemes
   ... as we discussed in the td call, I will make a PR to clarify
   to how we use security extensions
   ... what might be worrisome, is like in bearer we don't use all
   the options

   Kaz: McCool I thought that you had identified several features
   as "at risk" within the TD explainer document. is there a
   possibility the features at risk would change?

   <inserted>
   [7]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/blob/master/exp
   lainer/Explainer.md

      [7] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/blob/master/explainer/Explainer.md

   McCool: don't think so
   ... there is this names key
   ... it should be multiple language

   Ege: this just appeared out of nowhere

   McCool: the description seems like a multi language
   ... new default values in op
   ... you can see that an entire section can be at risk
   ... there is no example for all these
   ... psk may go through but no one other than node-wot uses this
   ... with json ld 1.1 this might go away

   Ege: plugfest before or after workshop?

   McCool: we are waiting for a venue

   Kaz: my understanding is that there will be not a usual
   "PlugFest" but demos like the ones we did on the Dev Day during
   TPAC

   McCool: we will be too busy for spec work to organize an actual
   plugfest
   ... more discussion rather than implementations
   ... maybe in the second charter we can have a plugfest

   <inserted> kaz: plugfest is poc for new spec work, while
   testfest is testing implementability of the current specs

   McCool: we will have maybe more commercial cases

   Ege: should I create new assertions?

   McCool: you can add it to the extra assertions
   ... maybe work on the big block

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [8]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([9]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/03/21 07:34:56 $

      [8] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [9] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 21 March 2019 07:38:34 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:36 UTC