W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > April 2019

[TestFest] minutes - 24 April 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 04:28:50 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9Vo3kwrQ-AbHbym+JD-GkH26g9KhVm2OFstCoDnCaX+hQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/04/24-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                              WoT TestFest

24 Apr 2019

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Ege_Korkan, Michael_McCool,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Taki_Kamiya, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Toru_Kawaguchi, Michael_Koster

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Testing
         2. [4]Demo
     * [5]Summary of Action Items
     * [6]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

Testing

   McCool: a few things to discuss
   ... Ege wants to talk about testing?

   Ege: yes
   ... there is an issue in TD
   ... updated the assertion tester

   McCool: what did you change?

   Ege: edited the test for readMultiple

   McCool: did you create a GH issue?

   <ege>
   [7]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/388

      [7] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/388

   Ege: URL of the issue above
   ... from Princeton. updated 2 days ago

   McCool: can regenerate the report
   ... have not rerun the test for a while
   ... a lot of recent changes in the TD spec
   ... @context is now mandatory
   ... all the TDs need to be updated

   Ege: the playground is updated but the test is not

   McCool: most TD will fail with that
   ... assertions to be updated
   ... let's check what the current spec says

   [8]5.2.1 Thing

      [8] https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/#thing

   McCool: @context is mandatory
   ... the issue is we need tests updated
   ... and rerun the report
   ... anything else?

   Ege: that's it from me

   McCool: besides making @context mandatory
   ... Time/date fields should be checked

   Ege: JSON Schema uses ISO8601 format

   McCool: that's good

Demo

   McCool: added Intel stuff to the README.md

   [9]demo logistics page

      [9] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/workshop/ws2/demos-2019-Munich

   Ege: clarification
   ... we won't have actual demo at TUM?

   McCool: right
   ... made some notes on the README.me

   (below the table)

   McCool: listed those what I'm sure to bring to the venue
   ... Devices: 2 lights; 4 LEDs; 1 RGB Led; 2 push buttons; 2 PIR
   sensors; 2 temp sensors; 1 buzzer
   ... the scenario should be clear
   ... bunch of devices listed at the table

   Ege: one question about the infrastructure

   McCool: we normally set up our own wifi access point
   ... that's usually set up for a certain network for the demo
   ... if you have own router, we can configure to use it as well
   ... we'll have our own local network and wifi connection
   ... depending on HTTP port 80
   ... note that port 22 was blocked in Lyon
   ... should double check with Siemens as well
   ... 2 issues
   ... local access
   ... hostname with .local
   ... for external access, I'll use tunnel

   Ege: hostname.local would be a good solution

   McCool: added 2 scenarios
   ... working at home
   ... looking at the scenario to charge battery
   ... the idea is home energy management system
   ... putting energy to eco-mode, etc.
   ... also security alert
   ... PIR sensor, motion sensor, camera, person recognition
   ... need to figure out if can go out to a different network
   ... need to do more
   ... Hitachi also expanded their description
   ... Ege, if you have multiple demos, you should expand them to
   multiple rows

   Ege: bunch of devices part of a certain ecosystem
   ... raspberry pis, robots, etc.

   McCool: might be better to describe them one by one depending
   on each scenario
   ... allocating devices depending on scenario
   ... OK with allocating another row
   ... need to find out which devices are used for which scenario
   ... flash light could be triggered by multiple scenarios
   ... voice output also could be triggered by multiple scenarios
   ... all, please keep working on your scenarios/devices
   ... and document devices for your scenarios on the doc

   Kaz: wondering about a bigger scenario including many
   vendors/devices

   McCool: a possibility is the energy management one
   ... but we're not sure how to do that

   Koster: due to various vocabulary?
   ... fine with having binary mode for eco-mode or not

   McCool: yeah
   ... another question is how to define "eco-mode"
   ... sometimes the sensor detect "eco-mode" even if there is a
   person if that person doesn't move
   ... need some qualification
   ... we should look into the scenario
   ... btw, I don't want those scenarios to change TDs

   Koster: solving the interoperability problems
   ... might be some way to define the deferences

   McCool: interesting use case

   Kaz: any definition within iotschema?

   Koster: not yet done
   ... but something related to economy mode
   ... I could help you

   McCool: currently using some basic binary mode

   Koster: pretty straightforward

   McCool: anything you can do by the next week?

   Koster: can do something

   McCool: can look into that then
   ... somebody use binary mode and somebody may use 1-5, etc.

   Koster: related to scale normalization
   ... kind of like color parameter

   McCool: think we should start with boolean pattern
   ... and then talk about generalization
   ... should be aware small value would be more eco or not
   ... for the demo, we should start with something simpler
   ... anyway, as Kaz mentioned we should think about a big
   scenario which includes multiple vendors

   Koster: that's orchestration

   McCool: multiple scenarios could be put on one specific device
   as well
   ... the bottom line is showcasing interoperability

   Kaz: agree with McCool
   ... if we could showcase the narrow-waist pattern of the WoT
   mechanism for interoperability
   ... that would be really great

   McCool: right
   ... e.g., node-red is a good thing for integrating application
   logics
   ... would like Koster to work on the basic definition for
   eco-mode

   Koster: will do

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [10]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([11]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/04/25 19:26:44 $

     [10] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [11] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 25 April 2019 19:29:52 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:36 UTC