Re: Proposed introduction for IG charter scope

> On 11 May 2016, at 15:01, Kaebisch, Sebastian <sebastian.kaebisch@siemens.com> wrote:
>
> I would recommend to close PR https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/127 <https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/127> and simple refer to the new one PRhttps://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/142 <https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/142>

But doing that would lose the other proposed changes in addition to the introduction.

There doesn’t seem to be a simple way to split a pull request, at least a way that I would be able to follow successfully, given that my various attempts ended in failure.

Question:  is there a way to enter apull request directly on the github website?  The UI has the “+” menu but it lacks a menu item for creating a pull request, despite having a menu item for adding an issue.

The “edit this file” at the following link commits the changes and doesn’t result in a pull request.

https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/charters/wot-ig-2016.html

Why github makes things so hard, I don’t know.

I forked the repo as https://github.com/draggett/wot and cloned this to my Macbook.

I opened this in the github desktop client and created a new branch.

I edited the local copy of the IG charter

At this point, the github desktop client showed the diffs from the edits. The pull request button made a pull request on my forked repo.  I can’t remember how I then generated pull requests 127 and 132.

I am therefore stuck.

—
   Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org <mailto:dsr@w3.org>>