W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > May 2016

minutes of today's call

From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 15:33:17 +0100
Message-Id: <0311690A-0377-46DF-8EC1-EBF3F3373114@w3.org>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
See: http://www.w3.org/2016/05/11-wot-minutes.html

My thanks to Johannes for chairing, Taki for taking minutes, for Kaz for cleaning up the minutes.

Here is the text version:

                    Web of Things IG weekly meeting

11 May 2016

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/11-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Toru_Kawaguchi, Johannes_Hund, Joerg_Heuer,
          Victor_Charpenay, Daniel_Peintner, Kaz_Ashimura,
          Dave_Raggett, Michael_Koster, Darko_Anicic,
          Frank_Reusch, Katsuyoshi_Naka, Kazuaki_Nimura,
          Markus_Jung, Masato_Ohura, Nan_Wang, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Takuki_Kamiya, Yingying_Chen, Yun_Li, Kazuo_Kajimoto

   Regrets
   Chair
          Johannes

   Scribe
          dsr, taki

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Plugfest Requirements
         2. [5]IG Charter
         3. [6]WG Charter
         4. [7]transfer layer and resource later
         5. [8]architecture update
         6. [9]next call
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <dsr> scribenick: dsr

   Johannes runs through the agenda for today’s meeting.

   Any additions to the agenda?

   [no]

Plugfest Requirements

   <kaz> [12]Beijing f2f wiki

     [12] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_July_2016,_China,_Beijing#Thursday.2C_14th_of_July.2C_WoT_IG_Meeting

   Daniel: we would like to do some pretesting before travelling
   to Beijing.

   <michael> Daniel: please review and add any additional
   requirements

   We added a section to the wiki page for people to provide
   network requirements for the plugfest.

   Kaz: this includes whether people need access to the external
   Internet

   <jhund> [13]Plugfest Requirements section of the meeting wiki

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_July_2016,_China,_Beijing#Requirements

   Daniel confirms that the link Kaz posted is the right one.

   The idea is to provide a checking tool for the Beijing team to
   verify that the network at the meeting venue meets our
   requirements.

   Johannes: shows us the W3C action tracker (as linked from the
   IG webpage.

   <kaz> [14]Action Tracker

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/track/actions/open

   Johannes: please add a bullet point to the wiki page on recent
   changes

   See [15]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_Page#Latest_Updates

     [15] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_Page#Latest_Updates

   This is a high level summary of recent updates

   This should make it easier to track e.g. when documents are
   moved from the wiki to github or vice versa

   <kaz> [16]Beijing f2f wiki

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_July_2016,_China,_Beijing

   Johannes summarises the plan for the Beijing meetings

   There is a members only page for the suggestions for
   presentations for the open days

   <jhund> [17]https://www.w3.org/Member/wiki/WoT/WoT_F2F_201607

     [17] https://www.w3.org/Member/wiki/WoT/WoT_F2F_201607

   Dave reminds everyone to submit their request for a visa
   invitation letter, see:

   [18]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_July_2016,_Chin
   a,_Beijing#Visa_Invitation_Letters

     [18] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_July_2016,_China,_Beijing#Visa_Invitation_Letters

   Johannes adds everyone should also register for logistical
   purposes: see
   [19]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2FJulyBeijing/

     [19] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2FJulyBeijing/

   Yingying: everyone who expecting to give a presentation should
   email me with a photo and a brief introduction for themselves

   <kaz> scribenick: taki

IG Charter

   DR: Matthias has been helping on GitHub.
   ... I sent it to the mailing list.
   ... Please comment on scope section.
   ... Also on deliverables.
   ... We can go through the proposed content.

   DP: I want to tell you that Matthias wrote about making pull
   request.
   ... I can show it once during the call.

   DR: Is everyone comfortable using GitHub?

   KA: We should think about basic policy of updating charter.

   DR: We already have list of deliverables.

   KA: We need brief discussion about basic deliverables using 5
   minutes.
   ... People maybe not very good at...
   ... It may be better to have chat, and reach consensus, instead
   of starting at GitHub.
   ... People may not be very good at directly using GitHub.

   Sebastian: Dave wrote good introduction.
   ... What is this group, and what do we want to achieve, we need
   those information.

   JH: I am not sure if we can discuss all the details.

   Sebastian: Four people made comments on Introduction section so
   far.

   JH: As Kaz said, we need to reach high level consensus on the
   call.

   <kaz> [20]Pull Requests

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pulls

   <kaz> [21]draft IG Charter

     [21] http://w3c.github.io/wot/charters/wot-ig-2016.html

   DR: we need to have stable charter in 2 or 3 weeks.

   JH: We want to avoid that some people don't comment because of
   tooling difficulty.

   DR: Please feel free to use email as well.

   JH: It is totally valid way.
   ... You can always see the latest charter from this link...

   <jhund> [22]http://w3c.github.io/wot/charters/wot-ig-2016.html

     [22] http://w3c.github.io/wot/charters/wot-ig-2016.html

   DR: We need to give a timeline.
   ... We need estimates as to when they will be published.

   JH: Regarding rechartering, when we will have individual
   documents.

   DR: We need to describe what we have done in the current
   charter period as SK mentioned.
   ... The editors of those documents should provide estimates.

   JH: We already have first versions.

   DR: We have editors draft.
   ... we need to publish formally.

   JH: I will contact induvidual editors as to the release date
   estimation.

   KA: We can publish the current version as is as the first
   version of Notes.

   DR: The group needs to go through review in the group before
   publication.

   KA: One week or two.

   <kaz> [23]web&tv ig charter

     [23] https://www.w3.org/2012/11/webTVIGcharter.html

   <jhund> ACTION on me to contact editors to provide a release
   date incl. a 1-week CFC

   <trackbot> Created [24]ACTION-50 - jhund to contact editors to
   provide a release date incl. a 1-week cfc [on Johannes Hund -
   due 2016-05-18].

     [24] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/track/actions/50

   KA: WebTV charter example is here...
   ... It didn't provide explicit schedule.
   ... Detailed information would be nicer.
   ... BTW, I wanted to make sure our procedure that during IG
   calls those who made pull request can introduce it during call.

   JH: We should have executive summary during call and decide
   what to do.

WG Charter

   JH: Going over to WG charter now...
   ... We have rendered document here...

   [25]http://w3c.github.io/wot/charters/wot-wg-2016.html

     [25] http://w3c.github.io/wot/charters/wot-wg-2016.html

   DR: Michael proposed replacing one of those diagrams.

   MK: Github issue I filed regarding transfer layer.
   ... HTTP, COAP, MQTT should be included. If we have more
   transfer layer, we should use REST, and use them as transport
   layer.

   DR: There are many protocols. What would be the criteria?
   ... Zigbee, KNX, etc.

   MK: We should include those.

   DR: Can you rephrase it for generality?

   MK: Yes.
   ... I will plugin a table.

   Naka: My issue is thing description.

   <kaz> [26]Naka-san's issue

     [26] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/131

   Naka: There is no description about thing description.
   ... Outside people may not understand. We should add a
   sentence.
   ... second point is, 1st, 2nd, 3rd bullet about thing
   description should be reconstructed according to current
   practices.

   DP: about Micheael comment. I went over all issues, and created
   pull requests. We might want to merge them.

   MK: I will do that.

   KA: We should add IDs to all the headings (<h2>, <h3>, etc.).
   ... in the template.

   Toru: Number #131.
   ... Both are addressing the same issue as Naka-san pointed out.

   <kaz> [27]issue-133

     [27] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/133

   JH: Should we merge?

   Toru: Matthias's text is richer, and we should use it.

   JH: I will merge.
   ... We could go to other charter points...

   DP: Figure, and REST and transfer protocol. I am not sure
   changing the table would fix those issues.

   <kaz> [28]issue-140

     [28] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/140

   <inserted> DP: was
   [29]https://github.com/w3c/charter-drafts/issues/68 in the old
   repo

     [29] https://github.com/w3c/charter-drafts/issues/68

   DP: So.. we can close this one.
   ... Coordination with other groups. Feel free to make a pull
   request on that.

   DR: Diagram illustrates the architecture.
   ... I don't understand DP's point.

   DP: Issue 68 is about how we integrate coordination with other
   groups.

   DR: I will be happy to have one in the charter.
   ... I can use Takuki prepared.

   JH: Adding Github issue regarding adding a picture, as floating
   right...

   <kaz> [30]issue-130

     [30] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/130

   Toru: Green highlighted text is the proposed change. (2.3 of WG
   charter)

   JH merging in the proposed change...

   Toru: Proposing to add a point.

   <kaz> [31]issue-129

     [31] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/129

   Toru: section 2.2
   ... A bullet may be needed for "cross platform security..."

   DR: We need a bullet.

   <dsr> We need Oliver for reviewing the security wording

   JH merging in this change...

   Naka: We need another pull-request. (#131)

   <inserted> [32]https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/131

     [32] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/131

   JH: #104. Discussion between Dave and Matthias.

   <inserted> [33]https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/104

     [33] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/104

   DR: This is about definitions.
   ... Time sequence of values, vs stream
   ... We have some misunderstanding. What to expose to
   application, and protocol are different.

   Toru: #77. This is old.

   <inserted> [34]https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/77

     [34] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/77

   Toru: This was already resolved.
   ... The intention was about deliverable wordings.

   JH: I consider this as resolved.
   ... Is there anything that was not covered?

   DP: I did not cover those raised during face-to-face.
   ... We need to go through minutes.

   Joerg: Can we do that? We can put it in the next telecon
   agenda.

   DP: I can try to check the minutes. and see if there are
   anything that are not resolved yet.

   <jhund> ACTION on dape to go through the minutes of montreal
   f2f to see if the raised issues are vetted

   <trackbot> Created [35]ACTION-51 - Dape to go through the
   minutes of montreal f2f to see if the raised issues are vetted
   [on Daniel Peintner - due 2016-05-18].

     [35] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/track/actions/51

transfer layer and resource later

   JH: we could go on to the next point in agenda.

   MK: I sent an email about working documents. I showed scope and
   what problem I am addressing.
   ... Transfer layer and resource layer to map to different
   protocols.

   JH: We need a document for developers.

   MK: It is the first milestone.
   ... I will need to make a pull request.
   ... I will be able to submit it next week.

architecture update

   Nimura-san: I updated architecture document.
   ... It incorporates scenarios section.
   ... We have eight scenarios.
   ... based on the last discussion.
   ... Each section describes how it works
   ... I put the terminology in second section.
   ... I defined more words.
   ... I did another pull request, please accept that.
   ... it is about missing png.

   JH merging the pull request...

next call

   JH: For the next call. Discussion of two charters. IG charter,
   we should add some summary.

   JH adjorning the call.

   <kaz> [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

   <trackbot> Created [36]ACTION-50 - jhund to contact editors to
   provide a release date incl. a 1-week cfc [on Johannes Hund -
   due 2016-05-18].

     [36] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/track/actions/50

   <trackbot> Created [37]ACTION-51 - Dape to go through the
   minutes of montreal f2f to see if the raised issues are vetted
   [on Daniel Peintner - due 2016-05-18].

     [37] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/track/actions/51

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________

—
   Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org <mailto:dsr@w3.org>>




Received on Wednesday, 11 May 2016 14:35:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:03 UTC