Re: [TD] TD Restructuring minutes - 7 December 2016

> On 7 Dec 2016, at 13:53, Kaebisch, Sebastian <sebastian.kaebisch@siemens.com> wrote:
>
> Please find attached the presented slide in today’s TD web meeting.

Thanks for sharing it. I agree with the assumption that we need a platform and programming language neutral formalism and serialisation. We can debate text based formats and their attractiveness from a number of perspectives, e.g. human understandability and role as documentation, effort required for processing, amenability to efficient encodings and the level of tool support. I think there was a misunderstanding on the call. JSON is a very popular format and widely supported across platforms and programming languages. It is not specific to JavaScript. I believe that we should engage with the Web developer community to ensure that the serialisation format we deliver is appealing to them in practice. In the short term, though, I agree that we should prioritise work on the formal model of thing descriptions as RDF graphs.

—
   Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org <mailto:dsr@w3.org>>