AW: [TD] TD Restructuring minutes - 7 December 2016

Please find attached the presented slide in today’s TD web meeting.

Von: Kazuyuki Ashimura [mailto:ashimura@w3.org]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2016 09:07
An: Public Web of Things IG
Betreff: [TD] TD Restructuring minutes - 7 December 2016

available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2016/12/07-wot-td-minutes.html

also as text below.
Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Daniel!
Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                           WoT TD TF meeting

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/07-wot-td-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Takuki_Kamiya, Uday_Davluru, Katsuyoshi_Naka,
          Daniel_Peintner, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Yingying_Chen,
          Kaz_Ashimura

   Regrets
   Chair
          Sebastian

   Scribe
          Daniel

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]updates for CP w.r.t to TD
         2. [5]Stick with JSON-LD or change the format to JSON
     * [6]Summary of Action Items
     * [7]Summary of Resolutions

   <yingying> scribe: Daniel

   <yingying> scribenick: dape

updates for CP w.r.t to TD

   SK: 1. updates for CP w.r.t to TD
   ... discussed points are already integrated
   ... e.g. media-types
   ... one container for Property, Action, and Event using @type
   ... local endpoint information can be described also
   ... e.g, what is Uri, what media-type

   <sebastian>
   [8]http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.htm

   l#thing-description

      [8] http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.html#thing-description

   SK: no change for integrating other contexts.... still possible
   to use other @types's
   ... global endpoints are possible also
   ... idea is to have a global base uri... locally one can define
   relative path OR override some information
   ... e.g., switch from http to coap

   DP: for next PlugFest, do we plan to "test" complex type
   defintitions

   SK: lets postpone discussion when we discuss PlugFest scenarios
   ... Internal Siemens feedback, especially from Matthias (who
   raised issue #287)
   ... re-use common vocabulary

   <yingying> [9]issue 287

      [9] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/287

   SK: endpoints --> link
   ... uri --> href

   TK: Any reason why we have to follow html example
   ... endpoints sounds more appropriate

   SK: MK just likes to re-use existing vocabulary
   ... Dave also mentions that we should try to make TD Web
   developer friendly

   DP: be cautious about plural form.. link, just singular ?

   SK: TK and DP, please raise/comment issue on github
   ... be aware that CP document might slightly change the
   upcoming days

   Naka: href is still in example 3
   ... will confuse people

   SK: Agree
   ... idea is global vs. local information
   ... should try to simplify it
   ... NakaSan, can you raise this as issue?

   Naka: OK

   SK: Another issue from Alex Owen #268
   ... proposed td class field
   ... references to CSS files
   ... I am proposing to use @type
   ... not sure if we really need that new field
   ... There are some more TD issues... no urgent ones anymore

Stick with JSON-LD or change the format to JSON

   SK: Dave worked on that topic
   ... think we need a more principal discussion
   ... TD should be independent to programming languages
   ... Shows slide (WoT TD Basic Assumption)
   ... Servient1 in JavaScript
   ... Servient2 in C++
   ... TD format independent
   ... JS can wrap JSON
   ... C++ might map to structs
   ... focus of TD is to be independent

   Uday: strongly support your argument
   ... want to be an abstraction layer
   ... try to be as neutral as possible

   DP: Not sure about consequences (JSON vs JSON-LD)

   SK: Dave proposes to have TD similar to Web Developer
   application layer
   ... mapping to JS objects

   DP: Also would like to mention that JSON-LD is a set standard
   and tools are built around this
   ... people are used to this tools

   SK: I would like to differentiate between the abstract TD
   format and the actual applications working with TDs
   ... TDs may become complex... people might tend to use tools
   for creating TDs
   ... humans can still edit it... but might not be sensible for
   complex scenarios

   TK: IF majority of languages is JS then i would go with JSON
   ... since we don't know yet a more neutral format is better

   SK: Dave will present his idea in the afternoon call

   Uday: w.r.t. to organization .... how many further TD calls

   SK: I expect one more
   ... Let's try to resolve issues
   ... hope we can freeze document next week
   ... not sure about API changes
   ... we will then tag and publish a freezed CP document

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [10]scribe.perl version
    1.148 ([11]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/12/07 08:00:55 $

     [10] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

     [11] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/