W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > August 2016

[wot] minutes - 17 August 2016

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 22:48:50 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9XHs+_YPzBSjgR0Vt2T6UEJsO74NdxtY5eHvKycVY=xCg@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2016/08/17-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                                 WoT IG

17 Aug 2016

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_WoT_IG_WebConf:_17_August_2016

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/08/17-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz, Daniel, Michael, Bowen, Dave, Frank, Taki, Uday,
          Xueqin, Yingying, Joerg, Sebastian, Kazuaki, Ryuichi

   Regrets
   Chair
          Daniel

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]quick updates
         2. [6]WG preparation
         3. [7]TPAC
         4. [8]IG Deliverables
         5. [9]AOB
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

quick updates

   dp: goes through the agenda
   ... would Yingying to talk about the joint call with oneM2M

   yc: will have a joint call on 31 August at the usual IG call
   slot

   dp: how to share the information?

   yc: copied the information to the IG member list

   dp: ok

   <yingying_> [12]joint meeting with oneM2M

     [12]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-ig/2016Aug/0004.html

   dp: we should collect comments/questions for the joint call

   jh: not just questions but joint understanding would be good
   ... one volunteer for oneM2M liaison, Yongjing from Huawei?

   yc: yes, he is from Huawei

   jh: we had controversial discussion on vocabulary for specific
   industry domain
   ... we should explain our approach, e.g., Thing Description, to
   them
   ... and we should be ready to understand their approach

   dp: agenda of the joint call: TD, vocabulary in domains, check
   Beijing minutes
   ... will collect questions to ask them

WG preparation

   dr: need W3M approval to bring the Charter to the AC review
   ... will talk with Wendy and Alan
   ... identifying candidate Chair(s) is one of the issues to
   solve

   dp: Chairs need to be identified before TPAC?

   dr: before the AC review

   ka: we got a comment from Wendy and need to respond to her
   about that

   dr: will talk about that as well during the call with her

TPAC

   dp: demo setup
   ... Kaz converted to PDF

   ->
   [13]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2016Aug/
   att-0019/demo-setup.pdf demo setup

     [13]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2016Aug/att-0019/demo-setup.pdf

   dp: if possible, would include the air conditioner and the
   curtain from Fujitsu
   ... showing the demo step by step
   ... each building block
   ... any comments?

   kaz: looks good
   ... already talking with the meeting planner about this setup
   ... the main contact is on vacation but will be back on Monday,
   22nd

   dp: ok
   ... next idea is having roll-up poster
   ... created a template for that purpose

   ka: we need frames for the roll-up posters?
   ... do we want the meeting planner team to provide the frames?

   dp: yes, if possible

   ka: will ask them about this as well

   <scribe> ACTION: kaz to ask the meeting planner team about the
   roll-up poster frames [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2016/08/17-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2016/08/17-wot-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-74 - Ask the meeting planner team
   about the roll-up poster frames [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due
   2016-08-24].

   jh: how many roll-up posters?

   dp: 4
   ... maybe 5-6

   ka: are all of them roll-up ones?

   dp: same style would be better

   ka: ok

   dp: we'll have 4 tables and people on those tables
   ... Sebastian volunteers to lead the TD part
   ... still need 3 more leaders
   ... Scripting API, Protocol Bindings and Full Scenario
   ... Frank, are you interested?

   fr: definitely interested
   ... want to work with Matthias
   ... for Protocol Bindings
   ... still need somebody for ECHONET

   ka: somebody from Panasonic or Fujitsu?

   dp: yes
   ... how about air conditioner and curtain by Fujitsu?

   kn: possible
   ... (couldn't hear)

   dp: only ECHONET support?

   kn: as far as I know, Panasonic and Fujitsu support only
   ECHONET

   dp: add contributors for Full Scenario

   rm: the facility for the demo will be available for TPAC too

   dp: add Nimura-san and Matsukura-san to the wiki
   ... still not sure about Panasonic

   ->
   [15]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,
   _Portugal,_Lisbon_Demo Demo wiki

     [15]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,_Portugal,_Lisbon_Demo

   dp: Sebasitian, could you show what you've done?

   sk: put the roll-up image on the wiki

   ->
   [16]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/File:TPAC-2016-roll-up.jpg
   TD roll-up design

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/File:TPAC-2016-roll-up.jpg

   sk: pictures there
   ... Thing Description is used to understand what "Things"
   provide, how to interact with each other, etc.
   ... you can propose alternative design, etc.

   dp: any comments so far?

   sk: good to show this kind of poster to explain what "Thing
   Description" is like

   dp: ok
   ... please send your comments

   jh: do we have a chance to put information on the demo?
   ... maybe we could have 3 sections
   ... issues, building blocks and demo description
   ... may put another figure in the demo section as well
   ... what do you think?

   dp: split the poster area into 3 parts?

   jh: yes, 3 sections
   ... semantic silos, Thing Description as the building block to
   solve the issue, and demo description

   sk: should put one demo for the poster?

   jh: maybe some abstract information
   ... a kind of guideline

   dp: will add the information to the template
   ... my question is contact information for W3C

   dr: will check within the Team

   sk: would be nicer if we could get the original files

   dr: we can contact the Comm Team about them
   ... including the red "Fragmentation & Siles" picture

   dp: used Photoshop to create the template
   ... can provide the photoshop file

   ka: yeah, providing the vector graphic would be better

   dp: ok

   <scribe> ACTION: dpeintne to provide the SVG version of the
   roll-up poster template [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2016/08/17-wot-minutes.html#action02]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2016/08/17-wot-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-75 - Provide the svg version of the
   roll-up poster template [on Daniel Peintner - due 2016-08-24].

   dp: what about the WoT presentation during the AC meeting?

   ka: talking with the Meeting Planner Team proposing Tuesday

   dp: ok
   ... next PlugFest
   ... not actual PlugFest other than the demos

   ka: the joint scenario part is PlugFest, isn't it?

   dp: right
   ... my question is whether we want to have another PlugFest on
   Thu/Fri

   ka: we can concentrate on feed back from PlugFest on Thu/Fri

   jh: discussion on evaluation and next step as well

   dp: we might want to put remote PlugFest topic on the agenda
   too
   ... (adds online PlugFest to the agenda)
   ... next joint meetings with other groups

   ->
   [18]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,
   _Portugal,_Lisbon#Outreach_and_Ad-hoc_meetings list of joint
   meetings

     [18]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,_Portugal,_Lisbon#Outreach_and_Ad-hoc_meetings

   <sebastian> I have to go. cu

   dp: progress?

   ka: have talked with MMI and they're interested
   ... will talked with other groups (Accessibility, AUtomotive,
   DAS, TV Control)

   dp: Spatial Data group?
   ... Sebastian has left...
   ... what about Web Bluetooth?
   ... who would contact them?
   ... anybody in that group?

   jh: we should think about topics for the joint meetings too
   ... Automotive:

   ka: Automotive WG working on WebSocket-based network I/F
   ... should be integrated with the WoT framework
   ... also security as mentioned
   ... vehicle signal definition (Vehicle Signal Specification)
   might be of interest too

   dp: DAS:
   ... recall several discussions
   ... on mailing list and during TPAC
   ... Tobie was the main contact
   ... any other topics?

   ka: generic sensor API and other APIs

   dp: EXI:
   ... recall discussions on JSON representations
   ... MMI:
   ... had a call with them

   ka: we could reuse MMI as advanced UI for WoT framework

   ud: regarding DAS, should we include device description?

   dp: if you mean semantic description, maybe it would be
   included in spatial data

   ud: maybe from the viewpoint of device too
   ... another question is time slot for the joint meetings

   dp: our group will meet on Thu/Fri
   ... and we can visit their meetings on Mon/Tue

   -> [19]https://www.w3.org/2016/09/TPAC/schedule.html TPAC
   schedule

     [19] https://www.w3.org/2016/09/TPAC/schedule.html

   ka: we need to talk with the group Chairs about the concrete
   time slots

   dp: let's see
   ... next Spatial Data:
   ... will check with Sebastian
   ... TV Control:
   ... similar to MMI?

   ka: they're working on API definition for TV tuners/recorders
   ... how to integrate the TV Control API-based tuners with WoT
   is the key

   dp: next Web Bluetooth:
   ... put "protocol bindings" as a keyword

   ka: yes, one of the possible legacy protocols

   dp: GSMA liaison?

   dr: Natasha is the liaison contact
   ... they're working on IoT security guideline
   ... maybe 20-min slot or less

   dp: add "GSMA IoT security guidelines" to the TPAC agenda wiki
   ... any other comments?

   dr: Google is getting more interested
   ... maybe we might want to reserve a slot

   ka: Dave, who from Google are you talking?
   ... we had discussion with Scott Jenson
   ... he is talking within Google

   dr: talking with Danbri

   ka: maybe talking with multiple contacts from Google might be
   confusing...

   dp: Dave will keep us updated

   ka: regarding schema.org, we'll we talk with Max Senges?

   dr: yes, and Dan

   mc: Max and Dan are representing the same effort

IG Deliverables

   dp: people are still on vacation
   ... how to proceed?

   ka: we've already got group consensus for publication

   dp: what about the tech landscape

   ka: Soumya will come back shortly
   ... let's check with him
   ... regarding the tech landscape document

   dp: ok

   ka: regarding other three documents, I can work with the
   editors for publication

   dp: can we publish those documents before TPAC?

   ka: yes

   dp: Content/Technological discussion
   ... Hydra vs TD?

   ->
   [20]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2016Aug/
   0010.html Bergi's comment

     [20]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2016Aug/0010.html

   mc: a comment
   ... Hydra and TD are both sort of description
   ... Hydra is rather build-in hyper media control
   ... interested in further investigation
   ... can come back with some more information

   dp: looks like there is some similarity

   mc: can respond on the list as well

AOB

   dp: would like to clean up the remaining actions
   ... next week
   ... there are lots of actions remaining

   jh: suggestions/comments for the agenda of the next call?
   ... input contributions to the f2f
   ... please send your comments on the list

   [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: dpeintne to provide the SVG version of the
   roll-up poster template [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2016/08/17-wot-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to ask the meeting planner team about the
   roll-up poster frames [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2016/08/17-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2016/08/17-wot-minutes.html#action02
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2016/08/17-wot-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [23]scribe.perl version
    1.144 ([24]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/08/17 13:44:51 $

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 17 August 2016 13:50:10 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:06 UTC