Re: Web of Things logo ...

From: Tobie Langel <tobie@codespeaks.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 10:48:41 +0200
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org
On Sun, 17 Apr 2016, at 11:02, Dave Raggett wrote:
> At last week’s face to face I showed a logo for the web of things
> designed by Kevin Hughes, an old friend from the early days of the
> Web. Kevin designed the logo for the IETF back in the mid nineties.
> Having a logo for the Web of Things will help to establish the Web of
> Things as a coherent effort with visually recognisable icon. We could
> use this in talks, the website, open source implementations and so
> forth. What do you think?

While I appreciate the story behind this logo and how it anchors this
effort into prior ones, Kevin Hughes isn't a brand designer and,
frankly, and with all due respect, that shows.

I would strongly recommend investing into a real branding strategy if
"establish[ing] the Web of Things as a coherent effort" is deemed
important.

--tobie