Re: [tf-td] WoT metadata

Hi Dave,

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 9:02 AM, Anicic, Darko <darko.anicic@siemens.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,

+1 for JSON.

oneM2M started with XML, but I think it is more cruft of telecom
operators (more inertion). All modern IoT platforms I have seen so far
use JSON for data serialization.

>From perspective of embedded engineer, what we should look at is CBOR:
http://cbor.io/, a standardized binary representation that you would
prefer using on your constrained devices. Maybe Michael Koster tell us
more, but I think that there are already big efforts in including CBOR
in new version of LwM2M (which AFAIK does not even support XML).
Probably oneM2M will follow.

Json2cbor mapping can be achieved relatively easy, which is one more
reason of sticking to JSON.

BR,
Drasko