Re: [TF-TD] Meeting minutes

Hi Sebastian,

My regrets for the 20th as I will be in Berlin to give a presentation on the web of things at the Media Web Symposium.    This is the last trip in 5 consecutive weeks of travel, so I am looking forward to being back in the home office for a while!

I would like to present my work on an implementation of a web of things server and client library in a future call, possibly as early as next week.  My aim is to start with an implementation using Web Sockets and to then explore bindings to HTTP, CoAP, MQTT and XMPP.  Some of the challenges involve the communications and security metadata, and keeping a clean separation of both of these from the “thing" metadata.

Examples include whether data updates are transferred individually or buffered up and sent in blocks.  Data from multiple sensors may be multiplexed into the same blocks, and likewise for actuators.  Devices may be asleep for much of the time, so we also need metadata on when they will be listening.   A further challenge is discovering which protocols a given server supports.

Best regards,
   Dave

—
   Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org <mailto:dsr@w3.org>>